Welcome to FearlessFriday.com! Today is Friday, October 20th, 2017.
Week 7 Review
Week 6 Review
Week 5 Review
Week 4 Review
Week 3 Review
Week 2 Review
Week 1 Review

Author Topic: 5a Soccer 2018  (Read 256 times)

Online redsport27

• Water Boy
  • Fearless Friday--The Online Home of Arkansas High School Sports!
5a Soccer 2018
« on: October 08, 2017, 10:13:56 pm »
I know it's early but I'm curious to read what you guys think of the new season. Will it be more of the same? Or will there be any surprises we are in store for?

Offline MB Hog

• Bench Warmer
Re: 5a Soccer 2018
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2017, 01:48:13 pm »
PA Girls will likely be better than last year.  Lost two senior starters, but several new players coming into high school this year who will add depth.  At least a couple of the girls who started last year wouldn't have started most years for PA.  They would have played a lot, but normally would have come off the bench as freshmen.  Those girls will be better this year because of the experience, and the new players will ensure we can sub two or three during big games without as much drop-off.

Online redsport27

• Water Boy
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2017, 06:11:48 pm »
PA Girls will likely be better than last year.  Lost two senior starters, but several new players coming into high school this year who will add depth.  At least a couple of the girls who started last year wouldn't have started most years for PA.  They would have played a lot, but normally would have come off the bench as freshmen.  Those girls will be better this year because of the experience, and the new players will ensure we can sub two or three during big games without as much drop-off.
So do you think they can win the conference title this year? I know LRCA will have something to say about that.

Offline MB Hog

• Bench Warmer
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2017, 04:49:10 pm »
So do you think they can win the conference title this year? I know LRCA will have something to say about that.
PA will have the talent to win, but LRCA was the best team we played last year.  We split in the regular season and lost to them in PKs (8 shots deep) in the 5A Central finals.  The games between these two teams could go either way.

Offline ARSoccer25

• Water Boy
« Reply #4 on: Today at 02:26:43 pm »
5A Boys

DeQueen (My pick to win. Best players last year were sophomores.)
Hot Springs (A lot of talent coming back even with Eric graduating)
Maumelle
Valley View
Lakeside

So yes, more of the same.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas