• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Any VV fans out there?

Started by JessieP, October 08, 2017, 03:45:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JessieP

Someone posted that during Wynne's last drive friday night there were 3 key VV players on the sideline on crutches. Any word on the injuries? hoping it's nothing serious. Ask Batesville how easily a few injuries can turn a promising season into disappointment.

God Bless Pulaski Academy

Runnin With The Pack

I'm pretty sure there were at least 2 players on the sideline at that time.  May have been 3, but can't say for sure.

Jacketfan16

October 08, 2017, 10:43:16 pm #2 Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 08:14:27 am by Mike Bonds
Quote from: JessieP on October 08, 2017, 03:45:03 pm
Someone posted that during Wynne's last drive friday night there were 3 key VV players on the sideline on crutches. Any word on the injuries? hoping it's nothing serious. Ask Batesville how easily a few injuries can turn a promising season into disappointment.

talked to a Dad from valley View. #25 middle linebacker (their leading tackler a great linebacker)had a ankle that was hurt from the Forrest city game he reinjured it on WYNNE s first drive first tackle. They hope he will be back for Blytheville. #88 defensive end had a great game going sprained his knee hope he is back soon. #4 safety got a concussion and is out for the Blytheville game. #25 & #88 are both seniors they are hoping they will be back soon both can be game changers.

JessieP

October 08, 2017, 10:47:43 pm #3 Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 08:15:35 am by Mike Bonds
Quote from: Jacketfan16 on October 08, 2017, 10:43:16 pm
Quote from: JessieP on October 08, 2017, 03:45:03 pm

talked to a Dad from valley View. #25 middle linebacker (their leading tackler a great linebacker)had a ankle that was hurt from the Forrest city game he reinjured it on WYNNE s first drive first tackle. They hope he will be back for Blytheville. #88 defensive end had a great game going sprained his knee hope he is back soon. #4 safety got a concussion and is out for the Blytheville game. #25 & #88 are both seniors they are hoping they will be back soon both can be game changers.

That's good they weren't serious. I hope the kid with the concussion takes his time. Every day we learn more and more about it. I would hate to think someone would rush back to play in a high school football game. It's downright scary when you hear all the stories about CTE.

Runnin With The Pack

October 09, 2017, 10:52:08 am #4 Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 01:06:04 pm by Runnin With The Pack
Blazers actually had 4 players out w/injury late in the game...

Blazer51

Quote from: Runnin With The Pack on October 09, 2017, 10:52:08 am
Blazers actually had 4 players out w/injury late in the game...

Who was the 4th? My brother is on the team, I've only heard of 25,88, and 4? We've had one that has been out for a while that's a running back if you're talking about him but he didn't even dress out for the past 2 weeks.

Youngsta71701

Valley View looks to be a real contender this year. Good luck to you guys!

JacketDad

I'm sure I will get a BUNCH of slaps for this but here goes.  VV posters are sounding a lot like Batesville posters after last years loss to Wynne.  I just wonder if Batesville beats Wynne Friday night if we can say that we had a bunch of folks hurt and they would go easy on us Jacket posters?

Blazer51

Quote from: JacketDad on October 10, 2017, 09:33:58 am
I'm sure I will get a BUNCH of slaps for this but here goes.  VV posters are sounding a lot like Batesville posters after last years loss to Wynne.  I just wonder if Batesville beats Wynne Friday night if we can say that we had a bunch of folks hurt and they would go easy on us Jacket posters?

No one has said we lost due to injuries. I haven't seen anywhere, where anyone has said we lost because we had players hurt. Someone asked how many people were injured and a few of us responded. 😂

JessieP

October 10, 2017, 01:15:14 pm #9 Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 01:18:42 pm by JessieP
Quote from: Blazer51 on October 10, 2017, 12:28:49 pm
No one has said we lost due to injuries. I haven't seen anywhere, where anyone has said we lost because we had players hurt. Someone asked how many people were injured and a few of us responded. 😂

Don't worry about JacketDad. A lot, not all, of Wynne posters are very insecure. They had a huge win last year and one of them pointed out that Batesville didn't have ANY players missing. It was funny because no one had brought up the injuries in regards to the Wynne game. A few of us pointed out that we had 7 defensive starters out for that game including 3 all-state players. I guess we have to sit back and take it, we've won 7 of the last 10 so their pretty irked. I started this thread because someone said they had a few players on crutches. I guess I'm just a wuss, I hate seeing teenagers injured. No one from VV has ever said anything about the injuries leading to the loss. So just consider the source.

JacketFan

We will see who is gonna be doing the whining come Friday night...Batesville is gonna get a spanking ;D ;D

JacketDad

Quote from: JessieP on October 10, 2017, 01:15:14 pm
Don't worry about JacketDad. A lot, not all, of Wynne posters are very insecure. They had a huge win last year and one of them pointed out that Batesville didn't have ANY players missing. It was funny because no one had brought up the injuries in regards to the Wynne game. A few of us pointed out that we had 7 defensive starters out for that game including 3 all-state players. I guess we have to sit back and take it, we've won 7 of the last 10 so their pretty irked. I started this thread because someone said they had a few players on crutches. I guess I guess I'm just a wuss., I hate seeing teenagers injured. No one from VV has ever said anything about the inujuries leading to the loss. So just consider the source.
yep!!

JessieP

Quote from: JacketFan on October 10, 2017, 01:26:17 pm
We will see who is gonna be doing the whining come Friday night...Batesville is gonna get a spanking ;D ;D

Well I would hope so. Geez Wynne, how about raising the bar a little higher. We're having a down year, no one disputes that. But if beating us makes your season then whoop it up, season a success. Hey, another couple consecutive wins and you even up the decade. In advance let me say congratulations! Just realize that if you don't win the last game of the year then who cares? Come November we will share one common thing, neither one of us is anywhere near the best in the 5A.

Intelligentsia

October 10, 2017, 05:48:51 pm #13 Last Edit: October 11, 2017, 06:50:58 am by Intelligentsia

I love reading posts like this.  They leave no wiggle room.   Anything less than a mercy rule and you'll be reminded of this post.  With a Pioneer upset, well, this post will be brought up for a very long time.😎

Runnin With The Pack

Quote from: Blazer51 on October 10, 2017, 05:57:29 am
Who was the 4th? My brother is on the team, I've only heard of 25,88, and 4? We've had one that has been out for a while that's a running back if you're talking about him but he didn't even dress out for the past 2 weeks.

Runnin With The Pack

ACL tear for VV's Josh Adlong...done for the season.

ViloniaEaglestoWMS

Quote from: JessieP on October 10, 2017, 01:15:14 pm
Don't worry about JacketDad. A lot, not all, of Wynne posters are very insecure. They had a huge win last year and one of them pointed out that Batesville didn't have ANY players missing. It was funny because no one had brought up the injuries in regards to the Wynne game. A few of us pointed out that we had 7 defensive starters out for that game including 3 all-state players. I guess we have to sit back and take it, we've won 7 of the last 10 so their pretty irked. I started this thread because someone said they had a few players on crutches. I guess I'm just a wuss, I hate seeing teenagers injured. No one from VV has ever said anything about the injuries leading to the loss. So just consider the source.

888.txt didn't read lol

Rick Swines

Quote from: Runnin With The Pack on October 11, 2017, 09:41:16 am
ACL tear for VV's Josh Adlong...done for the season.

That is terrible. Sorry to hear that

Pwil11

Quote from: Rick Swines on October 11, 2017, 07:52:29 pm
That is terrible. Sorry to hear that

Yes it is terrible. I know the kid personally and I hate it for him.

JessieP

Quote from: Pwil11 on October 12, 2017, 02:03:25 pm
Yes it is terrible. I know the kid personally and I hate it for him.

What year is he? If he's a soph. or jr. it's terrible. If he's a senior it's heartbreaking, either way it sucks.

Pwil11

Quote from: JessieP on October 12, 2017, 02:57:55 pm
What year is he? If he's a soph. or jr. it's terrible. If he's a senior it's heartbreaking, either way it sucks.

He is a senior.  His dad and I coached against each other in traveling baseball.  Good kid.  Good player.

Runnin With The Pack

LB Mason Burnett also out 2-6 weeks w/a broken bone in his foot...

Intelligentsia

Could I?  Yes. Should I?  Maybe. Am I?  Nope, sticking to the high road.  Great game tonight.  Clean, reasonably well officiated, and hard fought.  Now best of luck to the Yellow jackets the rest of the season (or until we meet in the playoffs).

PA Dad

Quote from: Intelligentsia on October 13, 2017, 11:21:42 pm
Could I?  Yes. Should I?  Maybe. Am I?  Nope, sticking to the high road.  Great game tonight.  Clean, reasonably well officiated, and hard fought.  Now best of luck to the Yellow jackets the rest of the season (or until we meet in the playoffs).

You're a gentleman.  You were certainly entitled to take your shot.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas