• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hector @ Magnet Cove

Started by Wildcatalumni21, October 07, 2017, 09:04:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Rida4Life

I think Hector wins this one but I'm really hoping MC pulls it out.  So tired of the Hector arrogance like they are elite.  How many times have ya'll played in the finals? 
You have a good program.... but not one that scares opponents into submission. 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Rida4Life on October 10, 2017, 11:37:02 am
I think Hector wins this one but I'm really hoping MC pulls it out.  So tired of the Hector arrogance like they are elite.  How many times have ya'll played in the finals? 

Confidence in a team = thinking they're elite.... Makes sense I guess...

Used to you could jaw on here now people get all in their feelings...

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Rida4Life on October 10, 2017, 11:37:02 am
Okay sorry for believing in our team. I've always given credit where it's due when we've been beat and have never claimed us as elite! Do I think we have a good program year in and year out, yes! But if hoping and praying for teenage kids to fail is what helps you sleep at night then more power to you!
Oh and to answer your question, we have played in the finals 1 time

Cove Man

Looking at who's beat who - it looks like a pretty evenly-matched game. Hector's run defense is something I've seen a lot of talk about on here, Hootens, etc. But, like my fellow Panthers have already said, I believe our guys are highly underrated. And that's not just good ole boy talk. There's something very special about this team and the way they are coached. There's a fire I have not seen since the Timmons era. I'm pretty excited about seeing a great game at Kenneth W. Hammond Stadium. I hope you Hector folks bring as many people as you say you will, and  I hope it's a long and sad (but safe) ride home for you all. PREDICTION:  MAGNET COVE UNOFFICIALLY CLAIMS 5-2A CROWN ON HOMECOMING NIGHT. PANTHERS MAKE WILDCATS THEIR HOMECOMING QUEENS.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Cove Man on October 10, 2017, 12:50:53 pm
Looking at who's beat who - it looks like a pretty evenly-matched game. Hector's run defense is something I've seen a lot of talk about on here, Hootens, etc. But, like my fellow Panthers have already said, I believe our guys are highly underrated. And that's not just good ole boy talk. There's something very special about this team and the way they are coached. There's a fire I have not seen since the Timmons era. I'm pretty excited about seeing a great game at Kenneth W. Hammond Stadium. I hope you Hector folks bring as many people as you say you will, and  I hope it's a long and sad (but safe) ride home for you all. PREDICTION:  MAGNET COVE UNOFFICIALLY CLAIMS 5-2A CROWN ON HOMECOMING NIGHT. PANTHERS MAKE WILDCATS THEIR HOMECOMING QUEENS.
See posts like this is what this board is for. Good 1st post lol. Usually we do bring a good crowd places. Hopefully they will make the trip to there. If we had played y'all at beginning of the year I think y'all's style would of gave us some problems, but we've switched out some personnel and stiffened our run defense. Should be a good matchup but with us having played Rison the past 3 years I think we will be better prepared for the Dead T

Cove Man

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on October 10, 2017, 12:57:20 pm
See posts like this is what this board is for. Good 1st post lol. Usually we do bring a good crowd places. Hopefully they will make the trip to there. If we had played y'all at beginning of the year I think y'all's style would of gave us some problems, but we've switched out some personnel and stiffened our run defense. Should be a good matchup but with us having played Rison the past 3 years I think we will be better prepared for the Dead T

I hope you are wrong - we shall see Friday.
Thank you - yeah, I've heard people talking about Fearless Friday for a long time, so I finally got on here and looked around. It's a great place for someone who has a passion for high school football, like myself. It looks like arguments can get heated pretty quickly, though, and I understand that (especially assuming a lot of these people are players' parents). I will probably have to get off here when my sons are old enough to play (and beat up on Hector).

Wildman5

Why couldnt these magnet cove fans talk crap like this last year. Magnet cove reminds me of Jc westside. Magnet cove where we talk better than we play😂

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Cove Man on October 10, 2017, 01:08:50 pm
I hope you are wrong - we shall see Friday.
Thank you - yeah, I've heard people talking about Fearless Friday for a long time, so I finally got on here and looked around. It's a great place for someone who has a passion for high school football, like myself. It looks like arguments can get heated pretty quickly, though, and I understand that (especially assuming a lot of these people are players' parents). I will probably have to get off here when my sons are old enough to play (and beat up on Hector).
My son is only 1 so I have awhile before my kid plays lol. And I just try to stir up conversations cuz it makes it funner that way. It sucks when you play a team and they have no posters and have nothing to talk about all week. We move conferences next year so doubt your boys get to play them unless the playoffs. But I do hope it's a good game Friday, just hope we win by a couple scores

Cove Man

Quote from: Wildman5 on October 10, 2017, 02:26:56 pm
Why couldnt these magnet cove fans talk crap like this last year. Magnet cove reminds me of Jc westside. Magnet cove where we talk better than we play😂

They probably didn't talk because they knew they couldn't back it up at that time. This year is different, and I think you all may be in for a rude awakening.

Cove Man

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on October 10, 2017, 02:32:29 pm
My son is only 1 so I have awhile before my kid plays lol. And I just try to stir up conversations cuz it makes it funner that way. It sucks when you play a team and they have no posters and have nothing to talk about all week. We move conferences next year so doubt your boys get to play them unless the playoffs. But I do hope it's a good game Friday, just hope we win by a couple scores

Right on - my boys are not much older than that. I've got about 10 years before the oldest one gets to senior high. I hope it's a good game, too.

Risonwildcat212

This could be a good game but, if Hector plays to their ability they should win by 2 scores. I go with Hector-34 MC-20

Cove Man

Quote from: Risonwildcat212 on October 10, 2017, 03:59:55 pm
This could be a good game but, if Hector plays to their ability they should win by 2 scores. I go with Hector-34 MC-20

It will only be that big of a margin if Magnet Cove has its worst performance of the season. I hope your team is as overconfident as you.

wiseguy

Did anyone notice the (HOSS) that run the ball late last Friday for Hector? Add another weapon to the arsenal 8)

Risonwildcat212

Quote from: Cove Man on October 10, 2017, 04:51:44 pm
It will only be that big of a margin if Magnet Cove has its worst performance of the season. I hope your team is as overconfident as you.
ummmmmm..... look at my name. Not a Hector fan.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Risonwildcat212 on October 10, 2017, 05:10:34 pm
We'll welcome you with open arms lol

Wildcatalumni21

Any good places to eat in or around MC?

Hogjr

Stop in Bryant before getting to malvern. You have fast food in malvern. That's about it.

Hogjr

Magnet will have their usual hamburger and chips tailgate at the main entrance. We have walking tacos and chicken strips and nachos and such at the concession stand if y'all are into that food. Safe travels everyone 

Cove Man

Quote from: Hogjr on October 10, 2017, 11:26:24 pm
Stop in Bryant before getting to malvern. You have fast food in malvern. That's about it.

If it were me, I would take 7 South and stop in Hot Springs at McClard's BBQ. But, if you just want to wait until you get here, our concession stand's food is the best around.

Cove Man

Quote from: Risonwildcat212 on October 10, 2017, 05:10:34 pm

Ah, I just saw "Wildcat" - should have paid closer attention. I hope you are wrong, but I guess I will just have to wait until we meet in the playoffs to start trash-talking with you. But, to show my respect to a TRULY great program - I must mention:  the best high school football game I ever watched was the 2011 State Championship when Rison shocked Gus Malzahn and Shiloh Christian. My dad and I were sitting on Rison's side, and that place erupted like I've never seen a high school crowd erupt when they made that wild 2-point conversion to win it. We were rooting AGAINST Shiloh Christian more than anything.

Risonwildcat212

Quote from: Cove Man on October 11, 2017, 07:51:20 am
Ah, I just saw "Wildcat" - should have paid closer attention. I hope you are wrong, but I guess I will just have to wait until we meet in the playoffs to start trash-talking with you. But, to show my respect to a TRULY great program - I must mention:  the best high school football game I ever watched was the 2011 State Championship when Rison shocked Gus Malzahn and Shiloh Christian. My dad and I were sitting on Rison's side, and that place erupted like I've never seen a high school crowd erupt when they made that wild 2-point conversion to win it. We were rooting AGAINST Shiloh Christian more than anything.
It was in 2000. That was by far the best football game I ever watched. Rison was a 50 point underdog in that game. It seemed like every school in the state was behind us. Bearden, Fordyce, CHG, and a few other bussed their team to the game to cheer us on.

Risonwildcat212

Also I was gonna say that I wasn't disrespecting MC. Rison has played Hector 3 years in a row in the playoffs and I have grown to respect their team and fans.

Cove Man

Quote from: Risonwildcat212 on October 11, 2017, 08:06:15 am
It was in 2000. That was by far the best football game I ever watched. Rison was a 50 point underdog in that game. It seemed like every school in the state was behind us. Bearden, Fordyce, CHG, and a few other bussed their team to the game to cheer us on.

Yeah - I meant to say "2001". I knew it was somewhere around that time.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Risonwildcat212 on October 11, 2017, 08:12:33 am
Also I was gonna say that I wasn't disrespecting MC. Rison has played Hector 3 years in a row in the playoffs and I have grown to respect their team and fans.
Likewise, it's gonna feel weird if we don't get to play y'all this year. Idk if I'll know what to do 😂

bearfan

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on October 09, 2017, 03:27:35 pm
No not lucky, we executed better than CC in the 2nd half. Like I said earlier in the thread y'all will have to score on every possession to win bc if y'all's pass defense plays like y'all did against Poyen, Graham and company will have a field day
Y'all didn't execute better than CC in the 2nd half. The refs won y'all the game

Rida4Life

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on October 10, 2017, 11:56:26 am
Okay sorry for believing in our team. I've always given credit where it's due when we've been beat and have never claimed us as elite! Do I think we have a good program year in and year out, yes! But if hoping and praying for teenage kids to fail is what helps you sleep at night then more power to you!
Oh and to answer your question, we have played in the finals 1 time

Well, I guess my attempt to stir up the thread worked!
Good Luck Cove!!!! Pull that upset!

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: bearfan on October 11, 2017, 10:19:06 am
Y'all didn't execute better than CC in the 2nd half. The refs won y'all the game
The refs were terrible both ways, but nice try

Wild_Bobcat

On the homecoming issue, who cares?! Factors outside a coach's control often dictates when homecoming is scheduled. You have to work with what you have. I understand some coaches use it to deliver the whole, "you guys are being disrespected message", which is trash. Honestly, if you as a coach can't get your guys ready to play the game of football for football sake, something is wrong. I think Hector's kids love the game, have tradition, and have a coach who prepares them the correct way without having to use external messages of disrespect, homecoming, etc. Just a coach's point of view. Get in between the lines and play the game. Games are nothing more than business trips and should be treated as such by every person in the program.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Rida4Life on October 11, 2017, 10:19:44 am
You should be more worried about a different group of Wildcats this week shouldn't you?

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Wild_Bobcat on October 11, 2017, 10:58:56 am
On the homecoming issue, who cares?! Factors outside a coach's control often dictates when homecoming is scheduled. You have to work with what you have. I understand some coaches use it to deliver the whole, "you guys are being disrespected message", which is trash. Honestly, if you as a coach can't get your guys ready to play the game of football for football sake, something is wrong. I think Hector's kids love the game, have tradition, and have a coach who prepares them the correct way without having to use external messages of disrespect, homecoming, etc. Just a coach's point of view. Get in between the lines and play the game. Games are nothing more than business trips and should be treated as such by every person in the program.
Thankfully I'm not a coach and can use it as forum material 👍

Cove Man

Quote from: Wild_Bobcat on October 11, 2017, 10:58:56 am

Just make sure to bring a dress - in case the shoe fits.

Cove Man

Quote from: Rida4Life on October 11, 2017, 10:19:44 am

Good luck against Rison!

wiseguy

Quote from: Cove Man on October 11, 2017, 11:26:34 am
Good luck against Rison!
They'll need more than luck! Probably Devine Intervention ;)

SportsReporter

How good of a player is #20 Barber for Magnet Cove? I read a little about him in pre-season, but haven't heard much through out the season.

panther_forever

Hes pretty good he gets to run the ball some and hes really good on defence

Hogjr

He's a strong RB but not the fastest. Why you wondering about him specifically?

HorseFeathers

Looks like Eli Dawson is the back to keep an eye on....600+ yards in last 3 games is pretty impressive...

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 12, 2017, 06:59:25 pm
Looks like Eli Dawson is the back to keep an eye on....600+ yards in last 3 games is pretty impressive...
I'll agree but hopefully Hector's run defense can step up tomorrow night! They sure do fly to the ball and swarm tackle

Hogjr

The thing with Magnet is they have a deep bench when it comes to RB's. Some are strong and some are fast. Dawson is both. So is Butler. The rest are either or from what Iv seen but I'm no coach or expert. I'm just a fan.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: Hogjr on October 12, 2017, 07:21:18 pm
The thing with Magnet is they have a deep bench when it comes to RB's. Some are strong and some are fast. Dawson is both. So is Butler. The rest are either or from what Iv seen but I'm no coach or expert. I'm just a fan.
That's good to have in y'all's style of offense

wiseguy

WOW! Hectors Jr. High was down 14-0 to MC at the half and came back and scored 36 unanswered in the 2nd half :o

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: wiseguy on October 12, 2017, 09:24:13 pm
  WOW! Hectors Jr. High was down 14-0 to MC at the half and came back and scored 36 unanswered in the 2nd half :o
1 win down, 1 more to go

wiseguy

N2DEEP

Ya our JH played great in the first half, but in the second they had a few bad calls and then a couple of turnovers and we were done. We just have too many young players in JH, I mean when 2 of your 5 starting lineman are 7th graders.

Don't expect the same from our Sr high.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: N2DEEP on October 13, 2017, 06:46:44 am
Ya our JH played great in the first half, but in the second they had a few bad calls and then a couple of turnovers and we were done. We just have too many young players in JH, I mean when 2 of your 5 starting lineman are 7th graders.

Don't expect the same from our Sr high.
Our JH has some playmakers but they also played without their starting QB so I'm impressed with the 22 point victory after bring down at half. Those kids don't ever quit

Wildcatalumni21

Gotta love Fridays!! Safe travels to everyone going to the game and prayers for an injury free game!!

Cove Man

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on October 13, 2017, 09:57:24 am
Gotta love Fridays!! Safe travels to everyone going to the game and prayers for an injury free game!!

Yes sir! Looking forward to a packed house in the Cove!

southarkdaddy

Quote from: wiseguy on October 12, 2017, 09:24:13 pm

Wouldn't try getting down 14-0 tonight.  MC can put some long scoring drives together. 

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: southarkdaddy on October 13, 2017, 10:18:47 am
Wouldn't try getting down 14-0 tonight.  MC can put some long scoring drives together.
Hector strikes quick and often! If MC gets down 14-0 against us y'all might as well make an early exit. Your style is okay if you have the lead or down by 1 score, but get down by more than that and you'll run the clock out on yourself.

southarkdaddy

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on October 13, 2017, 10:28:00 am
Hector strikes quick and often! If MC gets down 14-0 against us y'all might as well make an early exit. Your style is okay if you have the lead or down by 1 score, but get down by more than that and you'll run the clock out on yourself.

I only saw MC play Parkers Chapel but PC scored quick & often.  That didn't stop MC from stringing together drive after drive of 12, 14, 16 play drives and eating a lot of clock. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas