• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Week 7 Game of the week Hoxie at Osceola

Started by 501Arkansas, October 07, 2017, 01:23:38 am

Previous topic - Next topic

501Arkansas

Who do you have winning this one? Ill have to go with Osceola by atleast 14+

ISU7

October 07, 2017, 02:22:29 am #1 Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 11:17:39 am by ISU7
Even thhough a few of the Seminoles fans was at the Patch rooting for Hoxie to beat the Colts and left the game brokenhearted ;D i gotta go with my hometown man Coach RJ Hooks and the Noles. I suggest they don't show up cocky like some of their bandwagon fans are and show up ready to play. Hoxie is well coached and they play hard. Good luck to both teams.

Paperman

Hoxie will give Osceola fits! I agree with ISU7, Seminoles need to be prepared and ready for the kitchen sink to be thrown at them! Mustangs are a salty bunch! I think OHS win on their homefield by a TD

luxora4life

I talked to Hooks this summer and he told me beside the obvious (Rivercrest), that Hoxie was the one team in this conference that he was worried about after he watched films of all the teams.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: luxora4life on October 07, 2017, 09:54:42 am
I talked to Hooks this summer and he told me beside the obvious (Rivercrest), that Hoxie was the one team in this conference that he was worried about after he watched films of all the teams.
Hootens will probably choose Prescott at Glen Rose as their game of the week, but this is definitely the 3-3A game of the week.

At this point, Osceola seems to have the better resume. Hoxie's three losses came at the hands of two solid 4-A teams and at Rivercrest, after a hard-fought game. However, the Seminoles are 2-1 against equally solid 4-A squads, and they're at home. Osceola by a touchdown.

ISU7

Quote from: Paperman on October 07, 2017, 07:54:36 am
Hoxie will give Osceola fits! I agree with ISU7, Seminoles need to be prepared and ready for the kitchen sink to be thrown at them! Mustangs are a salty bunch! I think OHS win on their homefield by a TD
+1

Coltfan2005

Paperman

Noles only loss this far is to Class 5A Blytheville!

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Paperman on October 08, 2017, 09:49:05 am

Seminoles have not played a team as well coached as hoxie this year. Hoxie wins.

501Arkansas

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 08, 2017, 11:31:50 am
Seminoles have not played a team as well coached as hoxie this year. Hoxie wins.
What? So you are saying gosnell and pokey aren't good teams? Osceola played 3 good teams first 3 games could easily be 6-0 right now. Blytheville game they just gave that away. Hoxie played trumann, jonesboro westside and and cave city. Cave city is a horrible team.  If osceola played them they would've blew them teams out. You got to be out your mind. Hoxie was horrible last season and osceola was to. Hoxie beat osceoa last season but this season its a whole different story. Osceola has home field and is a different team and will also win this game by atleast 14 points.

Paperman

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 08, 2017, 11:31:50 am
I bet Michael Harrell is offended by that statement! Tom Sears is a fantastic coach I will agree! Much respect for the Mustang program!

luxora4life

Quote from: 501Arkansas on October 08, 2017, 05:43:43 pm
What? So you are saying gosnell and pokey aren't good teams? Osceola played 3 good teams first 3 games could easily be 6-0 right now. Blytheville game they just gave that away. Hoxie played trumann, jonesboro westside and and cave city. Cave city is a horrible team.  If osceola played them they would've blew them teams out. You got to be out your mind. Hoxie was horrible last season and osceola was to. Hoxie beat osceoa last season but this season its a whole different story. Osceola has home field and is a different team and will also win this game by atleast 14 points.

Slow down fella, he said Osceola hasn't played a team that is as WELL COACHED as Hoxie

Skip Baymore

I would say that Osceola has about a 60% chance of winning but that Hoxie has about a 40% chance of winning by 2 T.D.s or more.   In other words, another interesting game in the 3A-3.

ISU7

October 09, 2017, 01:35:35 am #13 Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 01:44:22 am by ISU7
I can name several teams that could easily be 6-0 right now but they are not. Gosnell is one of them remember they fumbled a wide open two pt try that wouldve beat the Noles and the Colts scored late in the game too beat them... so coulda, woulda shoulda, don't count...... lol

ISU7

Quote from: Paperman on October 08, 2017, 09:49:05 am
Who only other win is against a 1-5 Green Co. Tech team that lost to Newport 47-15. Who you beat at this point doesnt matter. I remember two years ago Manila beat RC by 18 points and Osceola beat Manila who lost to Smackover big in the playoffs ,who Rivercrest beat in the semi's at Eldorado. Colts went on too the 3A state finals. So score matching and who beat who doesnt mean jack. ;D 8) Good luck too all the missco teams. 8)

Coltfan2005

I think what I am saying is that your reading comprehension skills are sadly lacking.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: ISU7 on October 09, 2017, 01:42:03 am
Who only other win is against a 1-5 Green Co. Tech team that lost to Newport 47-15. Who you beat at this point doesnt matter. I remember two years ago Manila beat RC by 18 points and Osceola beat Manila who lost to Smackover big in the playoffs ,who Rivercrest beat in the semi's at Eldorado. Colts went on too the 3A state finals. So score matching and who beat who doesnt mean jack. ;D 8) Good luck too all the missco teams. 8)

Who went on to lose to Harding. 8)

Statsman

You talk as if Osceola has made a huge and epic turnaround from last year but yet according to you, Hoxie has made no improvements. RB Davis is running the ball like a madman, he is hard to stop. QB can run and pitch the ball. Backfield play has gotten better and helps with Davis to have dual threat. Receivers are faster. Defense has turned into a pretty solid squad. I think you will be surprised this Friday. Rivercrest is a great football team and Hoxie hung with them but turnovers killed them.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: ISU7 on October 09, 2017, 01:42:03 am
I disagree. Who beat who is an indicator of who will win a game, but it's far from foolproof. Because (1) players get injured, (2) teams progress at different rates, meaning that the team which played game 2 may differ greatly from the team which plays game eight due to personnel changes or progress, and (3) a team may match up poorly against one team and well against another, stronger team.

That said, previous records provide valuable information for predicting who will win a particular game, along with injury reports, etc.

501Arkansas

Quote from: Statsman on October 09, 2017, 11:48:59 am
You talk as if Osceola has made a huge and epic turnaround from last year but yet according to you, Hoxie has made no improvements. RB Davis is running the ball like a madman, he is hard to stop. QB can run and pitch the ball. Backfield play has gotten better and helps with Davis to have dual threat. Receivers are faster. Defense has turned into a pretty solid squad. I think you will be surprised this Friday. Rivercrest is a great football team and Hoxie hung with them but turnovers killed them.
They arent 5-1 for nothing. Made a huge changed. Osceola havent been this good since the 2009 season. Not saying this years team is better than that 2009 team but darn close. Hooks doing a great job with these kids. Defense pretty good and can get better, and Offense playing great. Its the derrell Brown show every Friday night BUT the noles has other players that can fill brown spot and surprise a team. No team has yet found a answer for Derrell Brown. Heck he was even tripple team one game and still couldn't be stop. They better have an answer for Brown if not, its just going to be another "W" for the seminoles

Coltfan2005

You are putting way to much stock in the games Osceola has played this year. Way to much. Your are also over-selling a certain players receptions and under-selling the player who is putting the ball in his hands. 5-1 only means something when the 5 ( as you stated about Hoxie) teams you beat are good. Osceola has shown bright spots at times but will lose big if they think Hoxie can't play (as you seem to). But in the end Osceola has to play the Colts, and that is a game they can not and will not win.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 09, 2017, 02:13:51 pm
You are putting way to much stock in the games Osceola has played this year. Way to much. Your are also over-selling a certain players receptions and under-selling the player who is putting the ball in his hands. 5-1 only means something when the 5 ( as you stated about Hoxie) teams you beat are good. Osceola has shown bright spots at times but will lose big if they think Hoxie can't play (as you seem to). But in the end Osceola has to play the Colts, and that is a game they can not and will not win.
I wouldn't think that the two 3-3 4A teams were exactly pushovers.

Coltfan2005

Gosnell lost their first three games, Pokey is a sub-par team. That entire conf is very weak.

ISU7

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 09, 2017, 09:59:52 am
Who went on to lose to Harding. 8)
Who played the number 1 team in 3A on the field of there choice and beat them and left their fans sitting on their hands after the game shocked cause they thought RiverCrest had no chance .Sure Crest lost to Harding but all year long all you heard was a Prescott vs Smackover a sure bet.
Surprise. Well Crest did make too the Rock after beating Smack who thought it would be them.😷😷💯

ISU7

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 09, 2017, 11:58:04 am
I disagree. Who beat who is an indicator of who will win a game, but it's far from foolproof. Because (1) players get injured, (2) teams progress at different rates, meaning that the team which played game 2 may differ greatly from the team which plays game eight due to personnel changes or progress, and (3) a team may match up poorly against one team and well against another, stronger team.

That said, previous records provide valuable information for predicting who will win a particular game, along with injury reports, etc.
If that was the case in 2015 RiverCrest shouldn't have went to play Smackover after Smack crushed Manila and Manila beat Crest by 18. Hmmmmm.

ISU7

October 10, 2017, 09:37:10 am #25 Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 12:28:15 pm by ISU7
Quote from: 501Arkansas on October 09, 2017, 12:13:31 pm
They arent 5-1 for nothing. Made a huge changed. Osceola havent been this good since the 2009 season. Not saying this years team is better than that 2009 team but darn close. Hooks doing a great job with these kids. Defense pretty good and can get better, and Offense playing great. Its the derrell Brown show every Friday night BUT the noles has other players that can fill brown spot and surprise a team. No team has yet found a answer for Derrell Brown. Heck he was even tripple team one game and still couldn't be stop. They better have an answer for Brown if not, its just going to be another "W" for the seminoles
ln 2014 Osceola won the conference and played a Ty Storey lead Charleston leading at the half before falling 49-22 @ Charleston in a quarterfinals game so im trying to see where you get that since 2009 from, unless your talking record wise. Actually the 2008 team finished 11-2 while the 2009 team finished 11-2-1 tied the first game with Blytheville 22-22.

501Arkansas

Quote from: ISU7 on October 10, 2017, 09:37:10 am
ln 2014 Osceola won the conference and played a Ty Sorey lead Charleston leading at the half before falling 49-22 @ Charleston in a quarterfinals game so im trying to see where you get that since 2009 from, unless your talking record wise. Actually the 2008 team finished 11-2 while the 2009 team finished 11-2-1 tied the first game with Blytheville 22-22.
Yeah i know that, I was talking about record wise

CoolBreeze

Quote from: ISU7 on October 10, 2017, 09:32:05 am
If that was the case in 2015 RiverCrest shouldn't have went to play Smackover after Smack crushed Manila and Manila beat Crest by 18. Hmmmmm.
The fact that a tool is not 100% accurate does not mean it has no value.

ISU7

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 10, 2017, 11:21:18 am
lol we are not talking tools here.🏈🔨🏈🔧😄😃😷😤

ISU7

Quote from: 501Arkansas on October 10, 2017, 10:41:03 am
Yeah i know that, I was talking about record wise
Well 2008 was better than 09.😷💯

Coltfan2005

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 10, 2017, 11:21:18 am

It means you should look for a better tool. Cause this one isn't even close to accurate.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 10, 2017, 01:31:29 pm
It means you should look for a better tool. Cause this one isn't even close to accurate.
You mean like, what happened last year, what you want to happen, or a wild guess?

Coltfan2005

OR, you could do a little research on the two teams, compare their strengths and weaknesses, and see how they match up against each other. But, if you just want to look at scores from past games, be my guest.

Statsman

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 10, 2017, 07:30:19 pm
OR, you could do a little research on the two teams, compare their strengths and weaknesses, and see how they match up against each other. But, if you just want to look at scores from past games, be my guest.
You couldn't have said it better Coltfan. I would give you a +1 but I'm still not sure on how to do it.

ISU7

Quote from: 501Arkansas on October 07, 2017, 01:23:38 am
Who do you have winning this one? Ill have to go with Osceola by atleast 14+
Agree

Coltfan2005

I'm definitely not a fan of Hoxie but I still think they upset the Seminoles. I sincerely hope I am wrong because a week 10 showdown would be epic. Seminole players really need to maintain discipline and not retaliate to "after the whistle" activity. I noticed in the newport and Rivercrest games that some of the Hoxie players tend to bait the opposing team.

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 13, 2017, 11:25:02 am
I'm definitely not a fan of Hoxie but I still think they upset the Seminoles. I sincerely hope I am wrong because a week 10 showdown would be epic. Seminole players really need to maintain discipline and not retaliate to "after the whistle" activity. I noticed in the newport and Rivercrest games that some of the Hoxie players tend to bait the opposing team.
And it's usually the player who retaliates who gets the flag.

501Arkansas

Quote from: CoolBreeze on October 13, 2017, 11:31:33 am
And it's usually the player who retaliates who gets the flag.
Going to be a great one i can't wait

501Arkansas

501Arkansas

28 yard run buy derrell brown osceola 7 hoxie 7 6:10 left in first half

501Arkansas

71 yard td catch by derrell brown Osceola 14 hoxie 7 4:21 tell halftime

501Arkansas

Coltfan2005

anywhere else and would have had a player ejection

501Arkansas

501Arkansas

501Arkansas

501Arkansas

Quote from: Statsman on October 09, 2017, 11:48:59 am
Thought they have gotten better? Lol🤦🏿‍♂️

501Arkansas

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on October 13, 2017, 11:25:02 am
Lol

501Arkansas

501Arkansas

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas