• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Foreman or Mt Ida who you got

Started by jsw6f0, October 06, 2017, 10:00:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jsw6f0

couch-coach06

Bearden_Bear72

Logic is telling me to go with Mt. Ida 35-22.   What offense does Fireman run most? Main players?

Redzone

Redzone

Quote from: Bearden_Bear72 on October 06, 2017, 10:36:49 pm
Logic is telling me to go with Mt. Ida 35-22.   What offense does Fireman run most? Main players?
They run the flex bone triple option. Main offensive players are Kyren Batey, Chase Boyd, Isaac Carver, CJ Green.

fleaflicker24

After seeing both teams play I really think that Foreman will win this game by 2 TD's or more. Anyone who has seen both teams play knows both are capable of winning it all but I think Foreman is bigger faster stronger. With that being said mistakes could cost the Gators dearly because we know Ida will make very few. I think one of these 2 teams will be your state Champ!

OLionSwag74

Mount Ida has a terrible first half and still put up 57 points. Their coach was yelling at them like they were losing the game at halftime when there up 47-7. That being said Mount Ida looks unstoppable and them and Foreman should be the game of the year!

ThreadWatcher

Quote from: fleaflicker24 on October 07, 2017, 06:44:29 am
After seeing both teams play I really think that Foreman will win this game by 2 TD's or more. Anyone who has seen both teams play knows both are capable of winning it all but I think Foreman is bigger faster stronger. With that being said mistakes could cost the Gators dearly because we know Ida will make very few. I think one of these 2 teams will be your state Champ!
What games did you watch?

ak58

I think Mount Ida is vulnerable on the edges of its defense. If Foreman can get Batey outside and in space they can make some plays. You're just not going to get much running into the mouth of Idas front 7. Very stout and  physical group. Now their secondary...  unimpressive. I'm not sure if Foreman can throw the ball consisantly, but that's another area they can take advantage of. 
I don't think Foreman can line up and match up with Mount Ida for 4 Qs and match their intensity and physicality. Never doubt Coach White.

ak58

October 07, 2017, 08:18:40 am #10 Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 09:00:34 am by ak58
Quote from: OLionSwag74 on October 07, 2017, 07:49:33 am
Mount Ida has a terrible first half and still put up 57 points. Their coach was yelling at them like they were losing the game at halftime when there up 47-7. That being said Mount Ida looks unstoppable and them and Foreman should be the game of the year!
Yeah Mount Ida played probably their B- or even C+ game and walked away with the win.

ThreadWatcher

It's definitely Game of the Week material! Can't wait!

fleaflicker24

Quote from: ThreadWatcher on October 07, 2017, 08:09:16 am
What games did you watch?

Football games! I can tell you this.. I think Forman is even more physical than Mt Ida from what I saw and that is saying something! Mt Ida is an elite program. One that most schools only dream of becoming. But this year I think Forman is a better football team. I may be wrong! We will find out Friday night! Forman is not the consistent program that Ida is but I just think the Gators have all of the right pieces of the puzzle to bring home the state championship this year! ( And no I am not a Gator or a Lion )

FoxandHound34

Quote from: fleaflicker24 on October 07, 2017, 06:44:29 am
Gators been on the recruiting trail or something? Must have I you think that yall are bigger and faster

Redzone

Hootens has this as their game of the week

couch-coach06

Quote from: FoxandHound34 on October 07, 2017, 09:13:59 am
Gators been on the recruiting trail or something? Must have I you think that yall are bigger and faster

Foreman is no doubt faster .. bigger I doubt it but are not small

fleaflicker24

Quote from: FoxandHound34 on October 07, 2017, 09:13:59 am

Nope haven't been on any trail except the one to Little Rock! And for the record you can leave the "y'all" out of it, I am not a Gator! I'm taking that you haven't seen the Gators play this year! Like I said that is my opinion and Friday night will be the game of the year I just hate I have to miss it!! Good luck to both teams! I also want to add that I have tremendous respect for the Mt Ida program and coaches! Not trying to take anything away from them! Just think it's Forman's year.

FoxandHound34

Quote from: fleaflicker24 on October 07, 2017, 09:23:12 am
Nope haven't been on any trail except the one to Little Rock! And for the record you can leave the "y'all" out of it, I am not a Gator! I'm taking that you haven't seen the Gators play this year! Like I said that is my opinion and Friday night will be the game of the year I just hate I have to miss it!! Good luck to both teams! I also want to add that I have tremendous respect for the Mt Ida program and coaches! Not trying to take anything away from them! Just think it's Forman's year.
Well I wouldn't be booking any hotels in LR just yet for December, especially after MI wins by 14 Friday night

HOGS1976

Clock runs in the 4th. Foreman will put up some points, but Mt. Ida probably will score every drive! The kicker it is being played at Stidman field!!

M.I. D

I hope everyone picks Foreman. Just keep this in mind. Mount Ida won the State Championship last year and IMO is even better this year. They beat Foreman last year in a close game at Foreman. They had to overcome 4 or 5 turnovers that night. That's very uncharacteristic for Mount Ida. This time it's at Mount Ida. I do not see Mount Ida having that many turnovers again. I know Foreman has one good player and I'm sure some more good players. Mount Ida has a complete team very few weaknesses. Tons of experience and they can beat you numerous ways.

BlueNGold52

I really feel that Mt Ida and Foreman are in the same boat they haven't been tested yet!! The difference is Mt Ida has the virtually the same team as last yr plus a bunch of kids that have stepped up their game this year and make this team possibly better than last yrs team but that remains to be seen because of the weak conference. Foreman graduated a bunch of yds off last yrs team but have an experienced team as well. It should be a great game to determine the conference. Foreman has everything to gain in this game but I feel its Mt Ida's game to lose especially being at Stidman.

M.I. D

Mount Ida beat a solid AAA Jessieville handily but aside from that no competition and neither have been tested in conference.

Eslim03

If foreman plays a clean game they will win this game by a couple of scores. I am not trying to disrespect the great program of Mt. Ida but the gators are playing on another level, an elite level. I have been on here telling all you guys what was coming for a couple of years now since these kids were in junior high and next Friday we will see if this is the year Foreman gets over the Mt. Ida hump. I truly feel it is.

FoxandHound34

Quote from: Eslim03 on October 07, 2017, 10:42:12 am
If foreman plays a clean game they will win this game by a couple of scores. I am not trying to disrespect the great program of Mt. Ida but the gators are playing on another level, an elite level. I have been on here telling all you guys what was coming for a couple of years now since these kids were in junior high and next Friday we will see if this is the year Foreman gets over the Mt. Ida hump. I truly feel it is.
don't go into hiding if yall lose

Eslim03

What would I have to hide from. We are the underdogs, meaning we are supposed to lose right?

FoxandHound34

I'm just saying that you're making some bold predictions, and a lot of people go hide when it backfires

Eslim03

I understand and I'm not going anywhere. I will be on here to congratulate Mt. Ida if they win.

ThreadWatcher

@ fleaflicker, what games have you watched Foreman and Mt. Ida play this year?

FilmCrew

I hope this game lives up to the hype. Both teams need this game before the playoffs. Hard to judge what you need to work on if there is anyone testing you on Friday nights.

doctor in the house

The team with the less turnovers will win the game and the conference championship. If the turnover margin is the same then Ida wins a close game..
This Friday may not be the only time these 2 teams play each other this season...

Risonwildcat212

Neither team has played anyone with a pulse this season (no, Jesseville is not that good) and won't again till the playoffs. Will be interesting to see how both teams handle their first test of the season.

M.I. D

Quote from: Risonwildcat212 on October 07, 2017, 12:47:19 pm
Neither team has played anyone with a pulse this season (no, Jesseville is not that good) and won't again till the playoffs. Will be interesting to see how both teams handle their first test of the season.

Agreed Jville is not great but decent. It's hard to go to there place and control the game. There defense wasn't bad. Either way we will find out at Mount Ida Friday Night.

bearfan

Mount Ida oppements average recorded is a 0.386. I definitely think this week they will find out who they are

FilmCrew

I wonder if the winner of this game is given any credit after it is over? I know Mount Ida has been in the top in some polls but in others they haven't been.

I know Foreman has been in the top 10 but I wonder how high they will move up if they should win?

Mount Ida has made some teams come out looking "flat" this year, I hope that continues this Friday. I believe that Coach White enjoys playing against Coach King. According to Fearless Mount Ida leads the series 9-1. If you look back to last years game Foreman couldn't stop Mount Ida's offense. This is a team this year that is returning most of that same team you couldn't stop. Like wise I think your leading rusher graduated last year. I may be wrong but I believe he was an important part of your defense.

Risonwildcat212

Quote from: FilmCrew on October 07, 2017, 02:01:53 pm
I wonder if the winner of this game is given any credit after it is over? I know Mount Ida has been in the top in some polls but in others they haven't been.

I know Foreman has been in the top 10 but I wonder how high they will move up if they should win?

Mount Ida has made some teams come out looking "flat" this year, I hope that continues this Friday. I believe that Coach White enjoys playing against Coach King. According to Fearless Mount Ida leads the series 9-1. If you look back to last years game Foreman couldn't stop Mount Ida's offense. This is a team this year that is returning most of that same team you couldn't stop. Like wise I think your leading rusher graduated last year. I may be wrong but I believe he was an important part of your defense.
A year can make a big difference. Last year Bearden beat Rison by more than the score indicated. This year was a blowout in favor of the Wildcats.

FilmCrew

Quote from: Risonwildcat212 on October 07, 2017, 02:09:16 pm
A year can make a big difference. Last year Bearden beat Rison by more than the score indicated. This year was a blowout in favor of the Wildcats.

Did you lose anyone from last year?

lionsdad

October 07, 2017, 02:37:35 pm #36 Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 03:30:56 pm by lionsdad
Quote from: Eslim03 on October 07, 2017, 10:42:12 am
I remember well how good this Foreman team was in  junior high. They came to Mount Ida undefeated and left whipped 24-6, I believe was the final. I dare pick a final score, but I sure wouldn't compare scores or peformances against inferior opponents. I will take my chances with this year's Lions. They are better than last year and more complete than 2015.

Risonwildcat212

Quote from: FilmCrew on October 07, 2017, 02:31:16 pm
Did you lose anyone from last year?
Of course we did including our starting QB. We don't throw the ball a lot but a leader is a leader.

fleaflicker24

Quote from: ThreadWatcher on October 07, 2017, 11:41:24 am
@ fleaflicker, what games have you watched Foreman and Mt. Ida play this year?

I saw Mount Ida and Foreman both play Spring Hill... Granted neither was a game but I know Foreman was definitely the most physical team between the 2. Like I said earlier I have great respect for Mount Ida and all of their accomplishments I just came away from those 2 games more impressed with Foreman!

BlueNGold52

Quote from: fleaflicker24 on October 07, 2017, 10:27:08 pm
I saw Mount Ida and Foreman both play Spring Hill... Granted neither was a game but I know Foreman was definitely the most physical team between the 2. Like I said earlier I have great respect for Mount Ida and all of their accomplishments I just came away from those 2 games more impressed with Foreman!

Well I can say without a doubt if Mount Ida plays Foreman like they did against Spring Hill then Foreman had better win because thats the worst Mount Ida had looked since early summer camps. I expect both teams to be up for this game and Mount Ida should win if they contain the edges. That said I haven't seen Foreman play so who knows.

tacklethis...

Foreman is bigger and faster, but not stronger. Not for 4 quarters. The weight program at Mt Ida is unmatched at any other program in the 7. With this being said I think this one will go down to the PATs and both teams are extra good in this department. Foreman there will be no surprises, no special plays just off tackle pounding. If your strong enough to stop it you win. If not you lose. It's this simple.

ThreadWatcher

Mt. Ida will stop Foreman's offense. There is no way Foreman stops Mt. Ida's offense. Foreman may even lay down before halftime. Too many weapons for Mt. Ida this year.

couch-coach06

Quote from: ThreadWatcher on October 08, 2017, 02:59:57 pm
Mt. Ida will stop Foreman's offense. There is no way Foreman stops Mt. Ida's offense. Foreman may even lay down before halftime. Too many weapons for Mt. Ida this year.

Buddy if you don't think foreman can score on them you have another thing comeing ... Who ever gets the most defensive stops is likely too win .. but foreman will score plenty .. defense will win

ThreadWatcher

We are saying the same thing I think, just different words. I didn't say Foreman won't score, I'm saying they get shut down more than Mt. Ida. Oh yea, I'm not your buddy.

Eslim03

Quote from: ThreadWatcher on October 08, 2017, 03:37:21 pm
We are saying the same thing I think, just different words. I didn't say Foreman won't score, I'm saying they get shut down more than Mt. Ida. Oh yea, I'm not your buddy.

Foreman hasn't been shut down this year yet. We have not punted the ball once all year. The second team offense got held on downs once against Dierks late in the fourth quarter but that's it. You guys may make us punt but I'm sure we can stop you guys too.

fleaflicker24

Games like this and the anticipation are what make football so great! All of you Mount Ida fans are so positive about winning... You better come to play for 4 qtrs when Foreman comes to town and how are you gonna handle the pressure AT HOME IF you are down? Win or lose you Lion fans will leave impressed with the Gators! ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL!!??!!

Wildcatalumni21

I'm gonna go with whatever team scores the most!
In all seriousness though, this should be a very good and physical game!

tacklethis...

Quote from: Eslim03 on October 08, 2017, 03:53:00 pm
Foreman hasn't been shut down this year yet. We have not punted the ball once all year. The second team offense got held on downs once against Dierks late in the fourth quarter but that's it. You guys may make us punt but I'm sure we can stop you guys too.

They also haven't played any one all year either. In your opinion what is your biggest win? For that matter, Mt Ida hasn't played any one either. It's 7 weeks in but neither team really knows what they have. This is the weakest this conference has ever been.

Eslim03

The conference is way down beyond these two teams in this game. We can only play our schedule and dominate like good teams are supposed to do. We have done that for sure. All our wins were good wins especially in the manner we have taken care of them. This game will be a dandy and I think it will be worthy of all the hype. Can't wait!!!

FootballFever

M.I.D. you mention last years close game & that Mt Ida had 4 or 5 turnovers, if you were at that game then surely you recall that Foreman had 4 turnovers as well.  It was a great game against two great teams.  This years game should be another between 2 great teams.  The bad thing is someone has to lose, regardless of the outcome I really believe both of these teams could wind up in Little Rock in December for an all 7AA final!!!  That would be great to see.  Two quality teams Mt Ida the established AA program & Foreman the up and comer!!!  Both with Great Coaches who get the most out of their players!!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas