• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My 6A Top Ten--Week 6

Started by Mike Bonds, October 02, 2017, 12:55:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Bonds

1.  Greenwood
2.  West Memphis
3.  Pine Bluff
4.  Benton
5.  Searcy
6.  El Dorado
7.  Jonesboro
8.  Texarkana
9.  Russellville
10.  Lake Hamilton

Pr8hd

Pretty stiff drop for ED, all the way from 2 to 6 in that one. I am not sure I would buy that one after losing to the top team in a road game. 

bulldogger15

Quote from: Pr8hd on October 02, 2017, 01:44:30 pm
Pretty stiff drop for ED, all the way from 2 to 6 in that one. I am not sure I would buy that one after losing to the top team in a road game.
+1  El Dorado is better than Searcy and Benton put together.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

PrivateLesson

Pine Bluff is hangin' on at 3.   

Mike Bonds

Quote from: Pr8hd on October 02, 2017, 01:44:30 pm

Greenwood is clearly the top team in this classification right now, but I really expected that the Wildcats would give them a better game.  I think #2-#6 in this poll don't have a ton of separation.  You can make logical arguments for different arrangements.

ricepig

Quote from: Mike Bonds on October 02, 2017, 01:59:00 pm
Greenwood is clearly the top team in this classification right now, but I really expected that the Wildcats would give them a better game.  I think #2-#6 in this poll don't have a ton of separation.  You can make logical arguments for different arrangements.

Lol #7 will probably beat 3 above them, 2 at a minimum.

Danold Dump

1.  Sheridan
2.  Mountain Home
3-10...the rest

Redwolves8526

Quote from: bulldogger15 on October 02, 2017, 01:52:52 pm
+1  El Dorado is better than Searcy and Benton put together.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Goodness

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Quote from: Mike Bonds on October 02, 2017, 12:55:36 pm
1.  Greenwood
2.  West Memphis
3.  Pine Bluff
4.  Benton
5.  Searcy
6.  El Dorado
7.  Jonesboro
8.  Texarkana
9.  Russellville
10.  Lake Hamilton

I definitely do not see WM at #2.

1.  GW
2. PB
3.  ED
4 (T) Benton and Searcy
6. Jonesboro
7. WM
8 R'ville
9 Texarkana
10. LH

Redwolves8526

Quote from: 6ASOUTHPURPLECAT on October 06, 2017, 09:53:48 am
I definitely do not see WM at #2.

1.  GW
2. PB
3.  ED
4 (T) Benton and Searcy
6. Jonesboro
7. WM
8 R'ville
9 Texarkana
10. LH

How do you have Searcy ahead of West Memphis when they just beat them? Lol

Gomer_Pyle_It_On

Quote from: Mike Bonds on October 02, 2017, 12:55:36 pm
1.  Greenwood
2.  West Memphis
3.  Pine Bluff
4.  Benton
5.  Searcy
6.  El Dorado
7.  Jonesboro
8.  Texarkana
9.  Russellville
10.  Lake Hamilton

I know West Memphis is undefeated and all, but their opponents are 10-15 and 4 of those wins came from Searcy pilfering in a down 5A schedule for nonconference. This week, that will go down to 11-20 playing Hall. WM may be good but they are not tested. The Kool-Aid must be STRONG to have them at 2nd in 6A! If they can knock off Jonesboro or PB on the road with no losses, then we can talk about a top-5 spot for them.

ricepig

Quote from: RushingRed14 on October 06, 2017, 10:35:19 am
I know West Memphis is undefeated and all, but their opponents are 10-15 and 4 of those wins came from Searcy pilfering in a down 5A schedule for nonconference. This week, that will go down to 11-20 playing Hall. WM may be good but they are not tested. The Kool-Aid must be STRONG to have them at 2nd in 6A! If they can knock off Jonesboro or PB on the road with no losses, then we can talk about a top-5 spot for them.

Yeah, the East has 5 teams fixing to know their future over the next month or so. We'll get a good idea in a couple of games on Friday night.

westmem

Trust me WM is ready for that challenge

Mike Bonds

Quote from: RushingRed14 on October 06, 2017, 10:35:19 am

No doubt that it's not the strongest schedule, but I don't know that other teams are clearly better.  You can advance arguments for Pine Bluff, but they've got the same schedule problems mostly--a quality loss, a decent win, and then 3 games that don't mean much.  Benton's schedule hasn't been that impressive either--a quality loss to Bryant, but none of those wins are over strong opponents.  El Dorado's got a quality win over Cabot, but they just got run by Greenwood.  West Memphis beat Searcy convincingly head-to-head last week. 

I'm not saying an argument can't be made for Pine Bluff, Benton, or El Dorado.  I just don't think those arguments are especially more convincing than West Memphis' argument for the #2 spot.

I've seen Jonesboro in person.  They're decent, but not great.  West Memphis should be the favorite in that matchup.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

Quote from: Mike Bonds on October 06, 2017, 02:47:20 pm
No doubt that it's not the strongest schedule, but I don't know that other teams are clearly better.  You can advance arguments for Pine Bluff, but they've got the same schedule problems mostly--a quality loss, a decent win, and then 3 games that don't mean much.  Benton's schedule hasn't been that impressive either--a quality loss to Bryant, but none of those wins are over strong opponents.  El Dorado's got a quality win over Cabot, but they just got run by Greenwood.  West Memphis beat Searcy convincingly head-to-head last week. 

I'm not saying an argument can't be made for Pine Bluff, Benton, or El Dorado.  I just don't think those arguments are especially more convincing than West Memphis' argument for the #2 spot.

I've seen Jonesboro in person.  They're decent, but not great.  West Memphis should be the favorite in that matchup.

+1

bulldogger15

Quote from: westmem on October 06, 2017, 01:33:30 pm
Trust me WM is ready for that challenge
West Memphis will get blasted soon. If they don't the Greenwood Bulldogs will put the whomp on them in the playoffs! The Bulldogs will not be stopped this year. 13 wins and another state championship for Coach Rick Jones at Greenwood!

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas