• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Harber at Bentonville

Started by Razorback Red, October 01, 2017, 05:58:06 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Razorback Red

Harber has been dominating so far and Bentonville has been unpredictable. 

As a BHS guys, my heart says they are the one team that can slow HB down, but my head likes HB in this one.  Just can't see BHS scoring enough points to stay in the game against that D. 

I'll go Harber by 21. 

Rob Van Winkle

It's never an easy task to win at Bentonville. This game starts the rough stretch for Harber with BVW and FV to follow. If someone is going to beat Harber, they must win the TO battle and run the football and BV is set up for that kind of game. The Tigers know if they win this game they are in the drivers seat until the showdown with BVW.

Should be another good one in the 7A West this Friday.

businesstron

It's hard to win a Bentonville...but I think Harber will roll. I think they are going to struggle to get anything done against Harber's D.

sportsguy80

I was at the HB-Springdale game and I saw a team that was challenged at the beginning but finished strong. They have playmakers everywhere on the field. It is highly unlikely that this team will get rattled by playing away. Bentonville may keep it close for awhile but the wildcats will wear them down.

HarBer Dad

BV used to have same regular season mojo over HB as it seems to have over FV but two straight wins (including two years ago at BV before the split) seems to have broken the spell.  Going to Bville should not be a major issue for the Cats.  I have not seen BV since it's scrimmage vs NLR.  Unless they have made some big strides I don't think they have the horses on D to slow down the Cats offense.  Unless they can figure out a way to rattle the HB QB, just too many weapons and too much speed.

The Cat's Defense is slowing turning into a monster.  You can sense they are gaining confidence every game and flying to the ball.  Team speed on D is impressive too.  You can't play from behind against this defense, they sense blood and will squeeze the life out of you.  Only potential soft spot is they are down two inside LB.  Nasali moved and Alderson fighting shoulder issues.  Lacking a little size in the middle.

Still waiting for HB to have that sloppy game where they turn the ball over a bunch and rack up stupid penalties.  If Cats take care of the ball Friday they take care of business move to 6-0.

Rob Van Winkle

Hopefully last week was the big TO game (had 3) and penalty game (had 8). Most of the penalties were dumb ones-offsides and false start. It was good to see no STUPID personal foul or unsportsmanlike penalties so maybe they are maturing.

I agree with you Dad, if they just take care of the ball they will be very hard to beat. That defense is getting better each week. Gave up one big play last week or they would have had another game without allowing an offensive TD. In order to have a chance BV will have to slow the game down and keep it low scoring. If Harber gets up a couple of TDs then it could get ugly in a hurry.

PA Dad

I think Harber is No. 1 for a reason.  I know Bentonville has been good for years,  but I think Harber takes this one fairly easily.

TigerHawg

I said 17 to 14 Bentonville at work today. Got the 3 point spread right at least :)

PA Dad

Congrats to BV.  Great win and you proved me wrong.

Rob Van Winkle

Yes congrats to the Tigers. Fell behind 14-0 and didn't flinch. Great game plan on both sides of the ball. Cats had too many turnovers and that gets you beat.

HarBer Dad

-3 on the turnover ratio.  Can't do that on the road against a good team and expect to win.  If the ratio had been just -2 I think HB might have pulled it out.  That last fumble with under a minute and HB on BV side of the field, that was a killer. 

Razorback Red

We were on our way to Rville for softball, so I didn't get to see the game last night. 

Very surprised and once again perplexed with this BHS team.  Just tough to figure out from week to week what we'll get from them. 

Can't say enough about the fight in the boys down 14-0 and had already had a TD called back.  They could of put their heads down, but instead ran off 24 straight points. 

Big, big win. 

SouthpawSensation

Quote from: HarBer Dad on October 07, 2017, 12:14:55 pm
-3 on the turnover ratio.  Can't do that on the road against a good team and expect to win.  If the ratio had been just -2 I think HB might have pulled it out.  That last fumble with under a minute and HB on BV side of the field, that was a killer. 
On the other hand, it should have been minus-4 in the turnover margin and that would have negated Har-Ber's last TD ...

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas