• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

El Dorado @ Greenwood

Started by Pr8hd, September 24, 2017, 11:33:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

catfish1

I feel ELDO WILL get a small SPANKEN!!!!!!!!!!!

Baitshop

My opinion is that it would be harder to score 30 points on Greenwood then it would be to hold them under 30 points. The Greenwood defense is probably the best Rick Jones has had since he's been there. They are definitely a handful.

Pr8hd

GW shows no signs of execution issues like last week...bad news for the Cats so far.

Pr8hd

September 29, 2017, 07:50:04 pm #53 Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 07:52:31 pm by Pr8hd
GW in the the middle of a scoring burst...ED no real answers so far defensively and look to be out of their game plan offensively...seemed to have abandoned the run

Bigfootdogfan

I think this GW team is for real.

The Future

Well still some mistakes but Dogs are looking great.

If the trend continues, Dogs will come out at half even better and hold Eldo to little to no scores.
Dogs defense has only allowed 14 points in the second half this year.

Pr8hd

Defense has only given up 7 so far tonight since the pick 6 was not on them. GW ball start second half so a score there really puts pressure on ED offense...

Couple of GW TO's is keeping ED on life support. GW needs to hammer the nail home to start second half.

Bigfootdogfan

Turn overs and penilits are keeping ED in Game. If GW cleans it up in the second half might end in a MR.

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Our QB not hitting his receivers.  Looks tentative and GW not really getting alot of pressure on him.  He has time but missing receivers.  Our defense CANNOT arm tackle against GW. 

Bigfootdogfan

Let's see who makes the best adjustments at half. ED could still make a game of it.

Pr8hd

Quote from: Bigfootdogfan on September 29, 2017, 08:35:15 pm
Let's see who makes the best adjustments at half. ED could still make a game of it.

GW making ED look slow IMO beating ED to the edge and running over ED...lots of ED players going down

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Quote from: Pr8hd on September 29, 2017, 08:42:43 pm
GW making ED look slow IMO beating ED to the edge and running over ED...lots of ED players going down

Not our fastest team actually

Pr8hd

Pr8hd

GW 4 points away from Mercy Rule now...at least ED might get home a little earlier if that happens

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

These officials are not doing a very good job and it's going against GW.  Questionable late hit in first quarter on GW.  Missed obvious horse collar on Wood.  Gave our receiver an extra 3 yards on a spot on forward progress. I could name several more

AHS06

Quote from: Pr8hd on September 29, 2017, 08:50:32 pm
AHS much faster but not as physical
Yeah and our lines are undersized.  We make up for it with speed and quickness.

AHS06

El Dorado did y'all even put a fight.

Pr8hd

Quote from: 6ASOUTHPURPLECAT on September 29, 2017, 08:57:09 pm
These officials are not doing a very good job and it's going against GW.  Questionable late hit in first quarter on GW.  Missed obvious horse collar on Wood.  Gave our receiver an extra 3 yards on a spot on forward progress. I could name several more

Not the best crew for sure but at at least they are consistently not real good....throwing lots of flags here late

Pr8hd

Safe travels ED ...nice crowd here tonight

Pr8hd

Quote from: AHS06 on September 29, 2017, 09:03:40 pm
El Dorado did y'all even put a fight.

They ran into a team that executed from the start...something AHS only saw in second half really and we know how that worked for the Hogs.

Pr8hd

September 29, 2017, 09:16:11 pm #70 Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 09:18:15 pm by Pr8hd
GW being classy here not trying to add more points after an INT ...could have at very least kicked FG easily but ran 4 straight plays up the middle

GW with backups on both sides of ball in there with Mercy Rule in effect

gatecrasher

Pr8hd

Sort of expected GW to come out and make a statement after last weeks first half. ED has potential, but going to take more than that to beat this GW team. Very hard to deal with on both sides of the ball when they execute.

Yawn....next!!! 😜

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

I watched live stream.  Too much going on this weekend to make the trip.  Worst effort I have seen from a Wildcat team all year. Not taking anything away from GW.  Those boys are good and they don't make mistakes. But I saw tentative running by the backs.  Hesitant throws from our QB.  Our QB play was atrocious.  Our RB's have to know that with a team like GW, if there is a slight hole you better hit it full speed because you only have a split second before it closes. I think our defense put forth a good effort but offense has to keep them off the field. I expected Noland to hit us deep more, but it was the running of Wood that killed us. Kid was hard to tackle. Hats off to GW.  If we take care of business we will meet again for the trophy.  But we have a lot of ball left to play. And improvements to make.

bulldogger15

Quote from: Pr8hd on September 29, 2017, 09:34:05 pm
Sort of expected GW to come out and make a statement after last weeks first half. ED has potential, but going to take more than that to beat this GW team. Very hard to deal with on both sides of the ball when they execute.

Yawn....next!!! 😜
+1

High Voltage

Pr8hd

September 29, 2017, 10:05:16 pm #76 Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 10:09:19 pm by Pr8hd
Quote from: 6ASOUTHPURPLECAT on September 29, 2017, 09:54:43 pm
I watched live stream.  Too much going on this weekend to make the trip.  Worst effort I have seen from a Wildcat team all year. Not taking anything away from GW.  Those boys are good and they don't make mistakes. But I saw tentative running by the backs.  Hesitant throws from our QB.  Our QB play was atrocious.  Our RB's have to know that with a team like GW, if there is a slight hole you better hit it full speed because you only have a split second before it closes. I think our defense put forth a good effort but offense has to keep them off the field. I expected Noland to hit us deep more, but it was the running of Wood that killed us. Kid was hard to tackle. Hats off to GW.  If we take care of business we will meet again for the trophy.  But we have a lot of ball left to play. And improvements to make.

Looked like ED might have lost starting TB #34, I never saw him come back in...might be mistaken. That kid was hitting holes pretty good (hard) I thought. Hope he's ok....saw several ED boys (secondary mostly) go down, but most all were ok as far as I can tell.

Wood had another great game. He has great balance and not afraid to lower his shoulder to finish a run. Great hands as well and gets up field in a hurry.  Noland and Holt did their thing as usual amazed at Holt every week, he has a nice gear on the field deceptively shifty and quick.  Noland made the bad throw on the pick 6...that ED kid took it to the house in a hurry.  It was a nice play/run by him. Aside from the two TO's, really not too much to be upset with as a GW fan, but I am sure CRJ will see some things to improve upon...he always does. 

Mike Bonds

Really shocked by the margin in this one. It's pretty much Greenwood's to lose right now.

Pr8hd

September 29, 2017, 10:12:05 pm #78 Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 10:18:38 pm by Pr8hd
Quote from: Mike Bonds on September 29, 2017, 10:06:11 pm
Really shocked by the margin in this one. It's pretty much Greenwood's to lose right now.

It was like that last year I thought and well, they did lose it....

Still half the season to go though, but gotta feel pretty good to this point if a GW fan. Siloam has traditionally been a problem (not in losses just pesky)  for the Dogs, but not been the case in a few years. Benton looks to be likely the next big test on the road.

Bigfootdogfan

Quote from: 6ASOUTHPURPLECAT on September 27, 2017, 06:02:55 pm
I just talked to Coach Reed.  We don't have any Arkansas Razorbacks commits on the team  like GW does.  Our only D1 commit is hurt.  No speed. No talent back.  All our talent got hurt last year and never returned.  Receivers and QB's not near the same caliber as the great GW has every year.  We are just overmatched all over the field. He's just hoping we don't get mercy ruled.  I don't know.  Something tells me he's bringing his little team up anyway to play the game.  8)
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You should listen to Coach Reed more often!!!!!!!      LOL!!!!!!

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

September 29, 2017, 10:24:36 pm #80 Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 10:27:16 pm by 6ASOUTHPURPLECAT
Quote from: Pr8hd on September 29, 2017, 10:05:16 pm
Looked like ED might have lost starting TB #34, I never saw him come back in...might be mistaken. That kid was hitting holes pretty good (hard) I thought. Hope he's ok....saw several ED boys (secondary mostly) go down, but most all were ok as far as I can tell.

Wood had another great game. He has great balance and not afraid to lower his shoulder to finish a run. Great hands as well and gets up field in a hurry.  Noland and Holt did their thing as usual amazed at Holt every week, he has a nice gear on the field deceptively shifty and quick.  Noland made the bad throw on the pick 6...that ED kid took it to the house in a hurry.  It was a nice play/run by him. Aside from the two TO's, really not too much to be upset with as a GW fan, but I am sure CRJ will see some things to improve upon...he always does.

I hope #34 is ok. He's our workhorse RB. For once, Eldo doesn't have a scat back type runner, but we have 3 big guys that run mad. They are going to outrun many in the open field, but they are hard to get down.  Yes, Montrae (the kid that took the pick 6 home) is our best linebacker and is faster than most running backs. 

TTofGreenwood

Hogman2018

Eldo will not make the state championship game!!

AHS06

Quote from: Pr8hd on September 29, 2017, 09:13:40 pm
They ran into a team that executed from the start...something AHS only saw in second half really and we know how that worked for the Hogs.
Don't start that mess.  The Hogs had something to do with that first half and midway through the 3rd quarter.   We basically handed y'all the game.

bulldogger15

bulldogger15

Quote from: High Voltage on September 29, 2017, 10:00:44 pm
6A was put on notice tonight. ;)
+1 All classifications. 7A nor Pulaski Academy want any part of Greenwood right now. GUARANTEED.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

bulldogger15

Quote from: 6ASOUTHPURPLECAT on September 29, 2017, 09:54:43 pm
El Dorado's defense put forth a good effort? Really? When? Lolololololol

Excuses are the nails used to build a house of failure.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

bulldogger15

Quote from: Baitshop on September 29, 2017, 05:56:02 pm
My opinion is that it would be harder to score 30 points on Greenwood then it would be to hold them under 30 points. The Greenwood defense is probably the best Rick Jones has had since he's been there. They are definitely a handful.
The WHOLE Greenwood Bulldogs football team is a handful!

GO BULLDOGS!!!

gatecrasher

Enjoy it this year. Been pointing at 2018 and 2019 for 2 years now.

We could make the title game this year but we ain't beating this team this go around.

After that though, all bets are off. The hardware returns to south Arkansas in 18 and 19.

Pr8hd

Quote from: AHS06 on September 30, 2017, 12:14:16 am
Don't start that mess.  The Hogs had something to do with that first half and midway through the 3rd quarter.   We basically handed y'all the game.

You see that you all played exceptional from a Hog perspective, I get that, but from a GW perspective I know what this GW team does when they execute and no one thought they did that last week in the 1st half on this side of the fence. I've watched this execution since 2004 under CRJ, had a kid go thru the football program and another coming up in 6-7 years, and I've seen far more talented teams than the Hogs succumb to that execution and  yes, upon occasion see what happens when they don't and lose.

Realistically, you guys should have spanked LH tonight IMO. Instead, AHS eeked by only 14-9, and still must play ED, a good team regardless of the GW score. A team that can and may beat AHS too. You should know better than to put too much stock in comparing scores-  especially since its not really an apples to apples comparison playing at home versus playing on the road especially with these really long road trips. It's not the same for most anyone, especially a team that hasn't lost at home since 2014.   

Pr8hd

Quote from: gatecrasher on December 16, 2014, 10:08:13 pm
This season went by too fast. I always ask "what do we do now?" Lol...

So this came to mind. Who's on your list to win state titles in 2015?

Here's mine. Subject to change at any time between now and late August....

7A-Bentonville....Kasey Ford may be the state's best returning quarterback. May also be Barry Lunney's last ride before the split.

6A-El Dorado...I find it extremely unlikely they are shut out of WMS for a 2nd straight year. If they can get there, and win, could be the first of 2 or three straight. Unbelievable talent moving up from junior high.

Quote from: gatecrasher on December 17, 2014, 08:55:49 pm

What do we expect in 2015? A state championship. Period.

We will remedy our quarterback issues, and along with the 16 returning starters, we will get it done. We will do what we do.

Quote from: gatecrasher on November 09, 2015, 08:22:02 pm
You better get El Dorado while you can....because after this year, or possibly next, there's no beating them for 2-3 years.

Quote from: gatecrasher on August 22, 2015, 05:54:40 pm
We made the semifinals in a very down year. I will say this....they better get us this year, because the talent in Jr high is just sick.
We will dominate 2016 and 2017.

Quote from: gatecrasher on September 30, 2017, 06:34:35 am
Enjoy it this year. Been pointing at 2018 and 2019 for 2 years now.

We could make the title game this year but we ain't beating this team this go around.

After that though, all bets are off. The hardware returns to south Arkansas in 18 and 19.

Gate, I get the whole expectations thing, but starting to sound a bit like a broken record.  ;D  ::)

Sorry man, I got to give you a little smack since you seldom come around anymore.
Best of luck the rest of the way Cats....we still owe each other a date in LR sometime, maybe.

gatecrasher

I didn't count on being substandard at QB for 3 years in a row...although we hit lightning in a bottle in the 2014 quarterfinals at SRS. Each year I bet the house on Reed fixing the issue. It didn't happen.

Did you see the Hicks kid in mop up duty last night? That kid has potential unlike anyone I have seen since the Reed brothers in 2010-2012

Hogman2018

Its hard to win at LH we had 13 penalties called on us every time we got going flags were thrown! We had 100 yd int return called back with a penalty . Gate always says wait till next year thats getting old!

gatecrasher

Gate ain't on here much anymore so tell me how I "always" say such lol.

P.F.G.

Quote from: bulldogger15 on September 30, 2017, 12:30:31 am
+1 All classifications. 7A nor Pulaski Academy want any part of Greenwood right now. GUARANTEED.

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Watched a couple PA and GW games this year. I'd take PA in the matchup and harbor would be a good game but would still take them over GW. Last night was a really big win but calm down haha

Baitshop

Greenwood fans are exceptional about telling you how bad they would beat teams that they are afraid to put on their schedule...

#PAaintskeered

#DogsStillRunningFromHarber

PA Dad

Quote from: Baitshop on September 30, 2017, 11:05:41 pm
Greenwood fans are exceptional about telling you how bad they would beat teams that they are afraid to put on their schedule...

#PAaintskeered

I generally refrain from criticizing other posters, but it's easy to claim that your team can beat a team they will not play.  While many of the GW posters are reasonable, there are several this year that seem to think this GW team is the greatest in Arkansas history.  And they may be, but we'll never know because they won't play teams that are capable of beating them.

Harber is probably the best team in the state this year (i'm a NLR alum and they may prove me wrong and I hope they do).  PA will play Harber the next two years.  Why is GW scared to play Harber NLR, or P.A.  if GW is so great, why not play the best teams?

6ASOUTHPURPLECAT

Quote from: Baitshop on September 30, 2017, 11:05:41 pm

#PAaintskeered

+1000

PA Dad

Quote from: bulldogger15 on September 30, 2017, 12:30:31 am

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Actually, I know PA would love to take on the GW semi_pro team.  Why can't we make that happen?  Surely GW ain't scared?

jeffslilbro

Move on!!!! This conversation is getting old!!!!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas