• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

GAC FB 2017

Started by x14113, August 31, 2017, 11:28:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

x14113

Quote from: Grond on November 07, 2017, 12:05:04 pm
If Ouachita beats Henderson State, they are Champion;

They'll at least get a share, pending the outcome in Russellville. They'll definitely get the higher playoff seed of the two teams.

If Ark. Tech beats Harding, AND Ouachita loses, they are Champion;

That's about right. Ouachita's playoff status would be up in the air, but should they get in, they'd have the lower seed.

If OBU and ATU both lose, then Bedlam, points, dogs & cats living together, right?

Nah--just a tri-champion. Harding would likely be the only playoff rep, though.

freethrow

So, please help me out on the GAC conference champion status....

If OBU and ATU both lose?

Three way tie: OBU, ATU, and HU. All 8-3.
HU would have head to head over both OBU and ATU.

Grond

Thanks, guys.

Tough year for SAU. We lost 4 starting defensive players to season-ending injuries. And two senior receivers have had nagging injuries. Life in the GAC.... ::)

Longfellow

Harding 10
ATU 14
Halftime

x14113

Tigers have the title to themselves.

OUA 49
HSU 42

HU 24
ATU 17

The_Pioneer

Just boo.  This loss hurt more than any of the others this weekend.  Strong foundation for next year.  And maybe one of the bowls will pick up Tech.

Lionheart88

What a game in Arkadelphia today.  The Reddies made a game of it, but 3 fumbles killed them.  The Tigers snapped their road win streak, which actually predates the GAC, I think.  Benton's Drew Harris had the game of his life, and scored all 7 of OBU's touchdowns, either rushing or receiving.  That's a GAC record for a non-QB, and tied the overall record.  Really put the team on his back.  OBU will get a playoff spot, and Harding is likely to land one as well.

Jack1990

bigworm

OBU GAC Champs!! Congrats Tigers!!

Grond

Congrats to Ouachita Baptist winning the GAC...... with them Arkansas boys!

[I believe OBU has more players from Arkansas on their roster than any other football team in the GAC.]

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Jack1990 on November 11, 2017, 08:58:23 pm
UAM - 20
SAU - 51

Watched some of the live stream of this one.  Will SAU get invited to the Texarkana Bowl with their 7-4 record?

BigR

No. ATU has 1st option.

Maynard G Krebs

freethrow

RUSSELLVILLE, Ark. - Arkansas Tech University has accepted an invitation to play in a postseason football bowl game for the second time in the last three years.

The Wonder Boys (8-3) will face the Pittsburg State University Gorillas (7-4) in the 2017 Agent Barry Live United Bowl on Saturday, Dec. 2, at Arkansas High School in Texarkana. Kickoff is scheduled for noon.

http://arkansastechsports.com/splash.aspx?id=splash_18

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: freethrow on November 19, 2017, 02:26:29 pm
RUSSELLVILLE, Ark. - Arkansas Tech University has accepted an invitation to play in a postseason football bowl game for the second time in the last three years.

The Wonder Boys (8-3) will face the Pittsburg State University Gorillas (7-4) in the 2017 Agent Barry Live United Bowl on Saturday, Dec. 2, at Arkansas High School in Texarkana. Kickoff is scheduled for noon.

http://arkansastechsports.com/splash.aspx?id=splash_18

I shall hold my nose and cheer for the Wonderboys, for the sake of the conference.  ;)

freethrow

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 19, 2017, 02:53:02 pm
I shall hold my nose and cheer for the Wonderboys, for the sake of the conference.  ;)

:-X

For the sake of the conference, every win by a GAC team over an out of conference foe is extremely valuable. The 11 conference game schedule leaves little chance to show the GAC strength relative to other conferences. Currently, the GAC teams (if chosen) seem destined to be sent north into the land of freezing rain, wind and snow.

bigworm

Quote from: freethrow on November 19, 2017, 05:02:42 pm
:-X

For the sake of the conference, every win by a GAC team over an out of conference foe is extremely valuable. The 11 conference game schedule leaves little chance to show the GAC strength relative to other conferences. Currently, the GAC teams (if chosen) seem destined to be sent north into the land of freezing rain, wind and snow.

I wonder why they have these regioma divided up the way they do. Seems odd. Freezing rain, wind and snow 0retty much sums up the OBU game yesterday.

freethrow

"Today football fans will have the opportunity to see the best in NCAA Division II college ball as the Pittsburg State Gorillas take on the Arkansas Tech Wonder Boys at the Agent Barry Live United Bowl."

http://www.texarkanagazette.com/news/opinion/editorials/story/2017/dec/02/live-united-bowl-game-win-win-everyone-involved/702390/

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas