• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A South 2017

Started by Youngsta71701, August 11, 2017, 09:37:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

redsport27

Quote from: Iknewthemwhen on September 24, 2017, 05:47:31 pm
Magnolia?  Right on their back?  they are 1-3.
I was at the White Hall vs Magnolia game. It was back and forth. Both offenses excecuted. White Hall just got the stops needed to pull out the win. Yes, Magnolia is 1-3, but after seeing the White Hall game, I think they will make noise in the conference. But who knows? What I'm trying to say is White Hall is a favorite. I don't think conference will be a cake walk for them. Magnolia offered a lot. Lakeside will have their say as well as Chapel and Dequeen. Like I said, we are in for some surprises.

RamFan06

Records that count at this point are either 0-1 or 1-0. I have said it over and over on different threads, non-conf games are tune up games for a lot of teams. You're right, we really dont know yet, all we can do is go off of what we have seen and what we have read. If Lakeside was as strong at this point as they were last season after losing their first 3 games, I wouldnt hesitate to say it is them and White Hall, but they have a couple things to iron out to get there, but they are close. Chapel seems to be having problems getting their QB spot together and had problems with a Hot Springs team that isnt supposed to be real strong. White Hall cruised through an inferior non-conf schedule and had problems with Magnolia so I am not convinced yet. DeQueen in the wild card in my view. They could be dangerous. Hope.....well they are Hope.

Iknewthemwhen

Every game every week is used to evaluate the potential of a team to win games, get into the playoffs, win the conference, win a state title.  Every game tells you something about a team.

DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

October 10, 2017, 01:14:11 pm #153 Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 01:07:06 pm by DoYouKnowWhoIThinkIam

redsport27

October 15, 2017, 12:51:44 pm #154 Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 07:47:37 pm by redsport27
At this point in time, which four teams do you think will move on to the playoffs to face the west? These are my picks as of now:

1. Watson Chapel 5-2 (4-0)
2. Lakeside 4-3 (4-0)
3. Dequeen 4-3 (3-1)
4. Camden 2-5 (2-2)

Obviously there are games to be played and the #1 spot is not decided yet.

RamFan06

I agree with your top 4 Red, I would just flip flop 1 and 2. Not really being a homer other than I have watched The Rams every week and have seen the progression and improvment. The Chapel @ LS game SHOULD decide the conf championship this year but only time will tell.

GuvHog

Quote from: redsport27 on October 15, 2017, 12:51:44 pm
At this point in time, which four teams do you think will move on to the playoffs to face the west? These are my picks as of now:

1. Watson Chapel 5-2 (4-0)
2. Lakeside 4-3 (4-0)
3. Dequeen 4-3 (4-1)
4. Camden 2-5 (2-2)

Obviously there are games to be played and the #1 spot is not decided yet.

De Queen is 3-1 in Conference, not 4-1.

redsport27

Quote from: GuvHog on October 15, 2017, 02:23:19 pm
De Queen is 3-1 in Conference, not 4-1.
Thanks for the correction, Guv.

Iknewthemwhen

Looking good for Chapel right now. Might very well come down to Chapel at Lakeside.

RamFan06

Chapel vs Lakeside, winner is conference champion regardless of what happens week 10.

GuvHog

The playoff seeds are shaping up.

#1. Watson Chapel  (Lock)
#2. Lakeside   (Lock)
#3. De Queen
#4. Camden Fairview

Lionheart88

Am I correct in thinking that White Hall is still alive for the 4, but has to beat DeQueen this week?

GuvHog

Quote from: Lionheart88 on October 28, 2017, 08:03:23 am
Am I correct in thinking that White Hall is still alive for the 4, but has to beat DeQueen this week?

Correct. A White Hall win over De Queen puts them in a tie with De Queen

If Chapel wins out against Camden Fairview, and White hall beats De Queen, there will be a 3 way tie for the last 2 playoff spots.

NWA Hawg

Quote from: GuvHog on October 28, 2017, 08:07:42 am
Correct. A White Hall win over De Queen puts them in a tie with De Queen

If Chapel wins out against Camden Fairview, and White hall beats De Queen, there will be a 3 way tie for the last 2 playoff spots.

Camden is locked in to one of those last two spots no matter what.

GuvHog

Quote from: fann07 on October 28, 2017, 08:49:15 am
Camden is locked in to one of those last two spots no matter what.

How is that possible when a CF loss to WC and a White hall win over De Queen would create a perfect triangle with CF, WH, and DQ all tied for the last 2 spots?

Underdog2017

Quote from: GuvHog on October 28, 2017, 08:59:58 am
How is that possible when a CF loss to WC and a White hall win over De Queen would create a perfect triangle with CF, WH, and DQ all tied for the last 2 spots?

Is DQ guaranteed a playoff spot or would a loss to White Hall knock them out?

Grand Prairie

There are two scenarios for White Hall to make it. This is one of the better week 10 stories in the state IMO.

A. Camden Fairview upsets Watson Chapel this week and White Hall beats DeQueen. That would set up the following assuming everything else goes as expected:

1. Watson Chapel 6-1 (1 seed due to head to head with Lakeside)
2. Lakeside 6-1
3. Camden Fairview 5-2
4. White Hall 4-3 (4 seed due to head to head with Dequeen)
5. DeQueen 4-3 (OUT)

B. Camden loses to Watson Chapel and White Hall beats DeQueen by 7 points or more. That sets up the following assuming everything else goes as expected:

1. Watson Chapel 7-0
2. Lakeside 6-1
3. Camden Fairview 4-3
4. White Hall 4-3
5. DeQueen 4-3 (OUT)

Due to tiebreak points DeQueen would be third in the three way and out and Camden would get the #3 seed due to their head to head win over White Hall.

If White Hall loses to DeQueen or wins by 5 or less then the Leopards get in the top two and they are the 3 seed due to their head to head win over Camden.

If White Hall wins by 6 then I believe it goes to a coin flip between those two teams and then head to head with Camden.

Either way, Camden is in as either the 3 or 4 and DeQueen is either the 3 or out. White Hall is either the 4 or out... White @ DeQueen is the game of the week.

At least that's the way I interpret things.

Underdog2017

October 28, 2017, 10:59:55 am #167 Last Edit: October 28, 2017, 11:23:15 am by Underdog2017
Quote from: Grand Prairie on October 28, 2017, 10:12:02 am
There are two scenarios for White Hall to make it. This is one of the better week 10 stories in the state IMO.

A. Camden Fairview upsets Watson Chapel this week and White Hall beats DeQueen. That would set up the following assuming everything else goes as expected:

2. Lakeside 6-1
3. Camden Fairview 5-2
5. DeQueen 4-3 (OUT)

B. Camden loses to Watson Chapel and White Hall beats DeQueen by 7 points or more. That sets up the following assuming everything else goes as expected:

1. Watson Chapel 7-0
2. Lakeside 6-1
3. Camden Fairview 4-3
4. White Hall 4-3
5. DeQueen 4-3 (OUT)

Due to tiebreak points DeQueen would be third in the three way and out and Camden would get the #3 seed due to their head to head win over White Hall.

If White Hall loses to DeQueen or wins by 5 or less then the Leopards get in the top two and they are the 3 seed due to their head to head win over Camden.

If White Hall wins by 6 then I believe it goes to a coin flip between those two teams and then head to head with Camden.

Either way, Camden is in as either the 3 or 4 and DeQueen is either the 3 or out. White Hall is either the 4 or out... White @ DeQueen is the game of the week.

Thanks!

The A-Team

Quote from: Underdog2017 on October 28, 2017, 10:59:55 am
Thanks!
I'm glad someone can clear this mess for a dummy like me. Thanks youngster!

GuvHog

Quote from: Grand Prairie on October 28, 2017, 10:12:02 am

2. Lakeside 6-1
3. Camden Fairview 5-2
5. DeQueen 4-3 (OUT)

1. Watson Chapel 7-0
2. Lakeside 6-1
3. Camden Fairview 4-3
4. White Hall 4-3
5. DeQueen 4-3 (OUT)

Could you or someone else please post the number of tie breaker points each team currently has??

RamFan06

CFV   45
DQ    42
HS    13
LS    54
MAG   13
WC    60
WH    36

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas