• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Question about transferring to play basketball

Started by ballmember, July 15, 2017, 05:39:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ballmember

At what grade do you  have to set out a semester if you transfer to another school but remain living in same district as before?   How are so many getting around this?  are they getting a mailing address in the new district?   Would appreciate information from someone in the know.  Transferring doesn't seem to be a problem anymore.   I am aware of school choice but a lot transfer for basketball reasons.   Thanks.     

CoachHall

Even if you school choice if you don't live in the district you are suppose to sit out for a year unless you are transferring from private to public. Now if you move into the district you can play that year as long as you have not played that season in season for another team.

BannerMountainMan

If you do it before June 1st then you can play ball if you have already been living in that district, now if you haven't been living in that district idk

Moonshiner

I believe you can school choice before the 10th grade and still be eligible.  After that it has to be a "bonafide" move or board to board transfer.  The AAA can allow hardship as well.

AirItOut21

The previous school the kid was at can also grant the student a release to be immediately eligible.

Bergman1820

During last season Bergman had a player transfer to Omaha. She played for both teams in the same basketball season. I think it also happened with a player who played for Valley and Harrison.

Moonshiner

Quote from: vstigerz on July 18, 2017, 10:14:52 am
During last season Bergman had a player transfer to Omaha. She played for both teams in the same basketball season. I think it also happened with a player who played for Valley and Harrison.

Both of those were hardship cases I believe.

jumpballer

i am the parent of the one who changed from bergman to omaha. it was a bonifide move and took both schools and AAA to approve the hardship. you would just need to contact AAA to see if its a option. she was in the 10th grade and we actually started the process to move in the summer before she entered the 10th grade but it just happened to be november before we got moved.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas