• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Magnet Cove Basketball

Started by AirItOut21, March 29, 2017, 11:35:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AirItOut21

Where is coach Hamby headed? What kind of talent do they have returning and how good was the junior high last year?

PapaHog

I heard he got ran out. Maybe reassigned? Didn't play somebody's kid. Not sure though. Please nobody take this and run with it. That's just word on the street.

jrhall2

What was their junior high like this past year?

BigLion10

I know they're best player the 6'8 soph went to SCA to play for Ron Crawford and co

old.dole

Any rumors floating around about this one yet

BigLion10

Think they're worried about finding a football coach right now

jrhall2

from the sounds of it I wonder if the basketball search is as interesting as the football search haha

old.dole

I was wondering that myself. It's getting pretty heated over on the football thread.

Magneto

Wasn't getting it done as far as wins and losses.  Magnet Cove is never going to be a year in year out contender.  A talented group will come along someday maybe but not consistatly.  Fact is most athletes play football and baseball at Magnet.  Hamby has done better than most would have. Hard to make chicken salad out of chicken sh....well you know the rest.  Great guy and great role model.  Big shoes to fill whoever gets the job.

old.dole

I've heard one name that's applied for this one today. Anyone else heard any names?

NWA Hawg

Quote from: old.dole on April 04, 2017, 02:23:24 pm
I've heard one name that's applied for this one today. Anyone else heard any names?

I've heard a few as well dole. Check your PM.

AirItOut21

I have heard a couple of names as well. I pm'd both of you

PapaHog

I know one name in the pot. Young guy from South Ark. High energy type of guy. Really gets the most out of his kids.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: BigLion10 on March 30, 2017, 12:43:22 pm
I know they're best player the 6'8 soph went to SCA to play for Ron Crawford and co

::)

I'm sure he had extenuating circumstances....Just like every other highly touted prospect that Crawford has recruited there....

gameoflife

High energy?  What is he a circus clown?  I've seen a lot of coaches and some of the best are very calm, collected and very in control all the time.  That kind of calm rubs off on the kids.

PapaHog

To each their own. I'm not talking about sideline discipline though. I'm talking about he's a go getter. Hard worker. High energy. That kind of work ethic rubs off on the kids. 😏

old.dole

Depends on the situation if you ask me. Sometimes you need the coach to get fired up to fire up the kids. Sometime he needs to be calm to keep the kids calm. I didn't take it like a circus clown throwing chairs and what not

AirItOut21

Quote from: PapaHog on April 05, 2017, 02:40:24 pm
I know one name in the pot. Young guy from South Ark. High energy type of guy. Really gets the most out of his kids.

Is he a head senior high coach at a school in south Arkansas? I have been told of a coach down that way that has applied.

FisherOfMen11

Wonder if this is going to be a situation where they hire a good young coach to hopefully get someone who will be there to grow the program or an older established coach

old.dole

If it's the guy I heard then it's a young guy that wants to build a program

old.dole

Heard another name surrounding this one. Supposedly has already interviewed. Can anyone confirm if they have started interviewing yet

FisherOfMen11

Ive heard of one coach who interviewed earlier in the week that is from south central arkansas. Another high energy guy that gets his kids to play real hard.

old.dole

FisherOfMen11

MagicMike

This hire is going to feel like hitting a game winner in a state championship game

old.dole

I think there are some really good coaches who have applied. Going to be some good ones who don't even get an interview

FisherOfMen11

Quote from: MagicMike on April 07, 2017, 10:48:50 am
This hire is going to feel like hitting a game winner in a state championship game

definitely some good quality coaches who are young. Just hope we can get some that will stay here and invest in our boys and do them right. Do they know who they want yet? Should be fairly soon board meeting is April 17 according to website

gameoflife

Ive seen some coaches whose idea of high energy is yelling and screaming with no purpose, no teaching.  Just get yourself a guy who can coach and run a program.

old.dole

None of the guys I've heard mentioned are that kind of high energy. Sounds like you have someone in mind that you want.

FisherOfMen11

Quote from: gameoflife on April 07, 2017, 11:47:44 am
Ive seen some coaches whose idea of high energy is yelling and screaming with no purpose, no teaching.  Just get yourself a guy who can coach and run a program.

The high energy I have heard is the type of coaches who are constantly pacing the sideline, talking his team through every move, constantly encouraging players on the floor and the bench. Their teams are high energy, constant ball pressure diving on the floor and a really exciting style of play. I think the last thing the cove needs is a coach who wants to sit on the bench and does not get worked up during a game. Thats not fun for the players or fans.

old.dole

I agree 110% fisher of men. Couldn't have said it better

PapaHog

gameoflife

You guys need a good coach, technically sound and a good organizer.  High energy doesn't always mean a good coach. If you can get all of it great.

FisherOfMen11

I know one is the complete package and the other I'm sure is as well. Both young guys just needing their shot to prove it to the powers that be at Magnet.

basketballcoach15

How many applicants have applied? I have heard of many interested.

AirItOut21

I'm sure there is a decent number of applicants but this one has been pretty quiet so far. I know of at least 3 coaches who have applied and a few more that have expressed interest.

FisherOfMen11

should hear something this week on this one as interviews are over supposedly. Same as the football interviews I don't think they are going to rock the boat and get a guy who will come in with a lot of fire to get the program where it needs to be. Think they are looking for a guy just to come in and keep parents happy. Not going to turn our program around with that though.

old.dole

From the sound of things that's what they want in footballl and bball

FisherOfMen11

Any rumors on this one yet as to who they went with

FisherOfMen11

Heard there was a special board meeting tonight. I know people aren't real happy with football hire any word on basketball hire?

MagicMike

Quote from: MagicMike on April 07, 2017, 10:48:50 am

AirItOut21

FisherOfMen11

BigLion10

Better not blow this hire or the town may riot with the football hire lol

FisherOfMen11

Quote from: BigLion10 on April 14, 2017, 09:09:08 am
Better not blow this hire or the town may riot with the football hire lol

I know thats right. The admin may have just signed their ticket out with the football hire the way people are acting but depending on this hire they may be chased out before next year if its like the football one  lol

southarkdaddy

Football thread says Glen Rose coach

FisherOfMen11

idk why he would leave. GR has more kids to choose from, bigger school, pays about the same I dont see much up side looking from the outside in as to why he would leave. I dont think thats been confirmed yet though

Hogjr

Rumor has it the GR coach can't pass his science or social studies state teaching exam. If he is hired at magnet, he has an additional 2 years to try and pass. If he was hired to teach. If he's just hired to coach then he's fine. Now, what they need is a new girls coach and then they've pretty much replaced ALL of their coaches. Something is not right up there

FisherOfMen11

Doesn't the state give you 3 years or something like that to pass the exam of the subject your teaching?

Hogjr

I heard he had 2 years at GR and he still hasn't passed it so now he's going to magnet and he's starting over.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas