• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Episcopal vs Tuckerman

Started by neds, March 04, 2017, 09:03:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

neds

State final is a rematch of the regional final.
Thoughts?

Radiotalker

Warriors023

March 04, 2017, 10:10:01 pm #2 Last Edit: March 07, 2017, 07:06:35 am by Warriors023
Tuckerman has trouble with kids with size. ECS has a very good post and judging by their performance in the second half dealing with porter, ECS has the edge.

BigLion10

biglion1985

neds

It will be interesting to see what adjustments each team makes for their second game in two weeks against each other. Tuckerman surely feels they have the recipe to beat Episcopal as they came w/in a few points of doing just that. What does ECS do differently than the first game?

CoolBreeze

Quote from: Warriors023 on March 04, 2017, 10:10:01 pm
Tuckerman has trouble with kids with size. ECS has a very good post and judging my their performance in the second half dealing with porter, ECS has the edge.
Then how did they beat Lamar? Lamar supposedly had the best big man in 3A. I'd say 6' 8" would qualify as having size. Wouldn't you?

Hogginbama

Watching the live feed of the game, Tuckerman was able to build a big lead in the first half that helped. This lead was aided by Lamar taking a lot of shots from the outside and not feeding the post. In the second half they feed the big kids in the post and Tuckerman had no answer. The game got very close in the end off of this strategy, but Tuckerman hit some big shots to keep the lead. I think if they had fed the post from the start Lamar would have easily handled Tuckerman.

bobcat72476

Tuckerman may appear to have trouble guarding a big post player based on their size.  However, they do an excellent job defending the low post.  For the most part they were able to front the big man from Lamar and offer great help on the backside.  Every time a shot went up, all five players were putting a butt on a body to block out.  Episcopal does have a big man and I have only watched them play the one game against Riverside.  They didn't look to get the ball inside to him very much and he spent the majority of the time on the perimeter.  However, the three guards are really good and will give Tuckerman all they want and then some.  The Bulldogs will have to play another excellent team ball game, but I think they may just be up to the challenge.

Fatbackhawgballz

Central AR

I got Episcopal winning this again. They defeated Tuckerman by 6 not too long ago and the game played out like Clinton vs ECS in the 1st round of state. Tuckerman played very slow and tried to dictate the pace which is smart but it wasn't the recipe to get the win that night. Episcopal's guards are all so good around the rim and Robinson from 3 has been wet like water. I said Episcopal by 10+ against Riverside and got it. I'm calling 10+ again for this game. I don't even think Tuckerman is better than Riverside and too much talent for ECS.

Warriors14

I don't think Tuckerman slowed it down at all verse ECS.. ESC pressed the whole game for one so they weren't able too both teams played very good defense and neither team shot the ball particularly well they ran with it against Lamar and I think they will look to push the ball against ESC and get them out of rhythm by playing good disciplined D.. Should be another great game!

Head Lion

EC$, the refs have done been bought & paid for.✌🏼

neds

Quote from: Head Lion on March 06, 2017, 07:28:46 pm
EC$, the refs have done been bought & paid for.✌🏼

Head lion you better get control of your grand children. They are making some really bizarre posts today.

Ramblin Gamblin Man

Head Lion

Quote from: neds on March 06, 2017, 08:59:31 pm
Head lion you better get control of your grand children. They are making some really bizarre posts today.
Will do neds. ECS did surprise, it seem like they played to their level of competition. The better they needed to play, they did. Who is the interim coach?? Don't know much about him.

neds

Brandon Friedel is the interim coach who was an asst. under coach Marsh
As you know he moved to NW Arkansas right before the season began
I believe he played at AR Tech. He is a good coach and a solid guy. I hope he gets the job permanently after the season concludes.
I think Saturday will be a whale of a game. I do think ECS has some tools that give them an advantage over Tuckerman. Mainly size.

Head Lion

Quote from: neds on March 07, 2017, 05:17:50 pm
I believe he played at AR Tech. He is a good coach and a solid guy. I hope he gets the job permanently after the season concludes.
I think Saturday will be a whale of a game. I do think ECS has some tools that give them an advantage over Tuckerman. Mainly size.
Thanks, best of luck on a great game.

OB11

Quote from: neds on March 07, 2017, 05:17:50 pm

There is no way he wins a state championship and then they turn around and give someone else the job right??

neds

^^ I can't imagine that happening

CoolBreeze

Quote from: OB11 on March 08, 2017, 09:44:32 am
There is no way he wins a state championship and then they turn around and give someone else the job right??
I wouldn't count my chickens. Tuckerman can be tough. For one thing, the never give up.

smallybells

Not what they were saying at all..

Hitman Warrior23

Lamar team that played Tuckerman was the team that Lost to Lavaca.  No upsets here folks Tuckerman will fight hard I predict but come up short.   Either way both teams play for a title only most Dream about.

smallybells

I'll go ahead and put this out there, from what I saw last night, I'm glad Earle is not 3A and some of y'all should be too lol, they are pretty salty.

JacketDad

Quote from: smallybells on March 10, 2017, 07:43:44 am
I'll go ahead and put this out there, from what I saw last night, I'm glad Earle is not 3A and some of y'all should be too lol, they are pretty salty.
Didn't they beat Episcopal earlier in the year in Little Rock?

smallybells

Quote from: JacketDad on March 10, 2017, 08:26:47 am
Didn't they beat Episcopal earlier in the year in Little Rock?

Yes

neds

The Earle game was during a holiday tournament in Harrison. I believe it was a 2 pt game

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: neds on March 10, 2017, 11:17:24 am
The Earle game was during a holiday tournament in Harrison. I believe it was a 2 pt game
Earle recruits from West Memphis and EPC has scholarships in Little Rock. Good battle every year.

neds

And ECS wins the right way, good points Oldman

Jimbo Morphis

Fatbackhawgballz

Congrats Episcopal on your state championship from a Tuckerman fan. You're a heck of a team. We will be back next year.

NEark tigers

Quote from: Oldman on March 11, 2017, 09:19:01 pm
Earle recruits from West Memphis and EPC has scholarships in Little Rock. Good battle every year.
For your information, we don't have any players from West Memphis on our roster.....We always win the right way, that's why the Nation has NINE State Championships.

NEark tigers

Quote from: neds on March 10, 2017, 11:17:24 am
It was EC$'s third straight loss to the now NINE-TIME CHAMPIONS......

Lrbasketballguru

March 12, 2017, 12:13:46 am #33 Last Edit: March 12, 2017, 10:51:14 am by Lrbasketballguru
Quote from: NEark tigers on March 11, 2017, 10:59:05 pm
It was EC$'s third straight loss to the now NINE-TIME CHAMPIONS......
Who lost the years before to ECS other state champion teams?

ISU7

Great season Tuckerman.
Congrats Wildcats.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas