• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

4A State Playoffs- Predictions and News- CAC Girls Star???

Started by Tiger4Life2015, February 27, 2017, 09:23:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiger4Life2015

February 27, 2017, 09:23:12 am Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 09:27:59 am by Tiger4Life2015
What a great year of regional tournaments that just passed! I was able to attend some of the North regional as well as some of the East region. I was thrilled to see the results of the North and how it came out because the 2 best teams came out as champions in my opinion. Pea Ridge is rolling right now after a great district and regional tourney despite losing their big man inside. Berryville girls was a big surprise in the finals game where they overcame being down the entire game to pull it off in the end, and they are so young! I talked with a Berryville supporter at the game and to think that they had all freshman and sophomores in the game at the end when they pulled out a huge game like that is amazing. The runner-ups will represent the conference well I believe if Huntsville boys can pull it back together and get their offense running better, they are hurting right now with no inside presence to open up the 3 point line.

I made the trip over to the East region hoping to get to see the CAC girls star. It was very unfortunate that when I got there she was injured. I heard it was her shoulder? Will she be able to play during the playoffs, if so this will be a huge threat to the teams that have to see them in the 1st and 2nd round.

I'm making my state champion predictions right now and saying that Arkansas Baptist boys will win and the Berryville Lady Bobcats will pull out the girls side unless the CAC star returns, that could be quite the matchup in the 2nd round.

LRRandy

Official stat from the regional tournament. Baptist Prep shot  29/52 (56%) from 3 point range for the three games they played in the tournament.

bigchief72455

The boys bracket looks pretty predictable but the girls not so much. Berryville will be ok if CAC does not return their star to the court. But I would not count out Pocahontas or Star City. Both teams are very tenacious and will not just give the game away.

Bluegoatfan

February 27, 2017, 11:14:02 am #3 Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 11:15:59 am by Bluegoatfan
Estem will make it from the bottom bracket. I like Berryville to win the top. That will be a great matchup in the Finals with Berryville winning it all. That's just my 2 cents about the girls side.

Tiger4Life2015

I agree with the Star City and Pokey girls being two great teams as well as the boys bracket being a lot more predictable. Monticello girls are a very good ball team as well in the girls bracket. Seems as though the top side of the girls bracket got the tough draw especially with the mystery of the CAC player. Everything I have heard about Baptist Boys they are unreal right now and won't be stopped unless foul trouble or an injury effects them.

Ozark Hog

Watched Berryville play this week, there is no way they will will it all, they have no ball handlers when they are pressed, the big girl is slow as Christmas. If the officials would call her for the fouls she commits she would not last the first quarter. They should have lost in semi finals, if you watched the game the poor decision by coach cost them the game, they had speed to burn and he pulls the ball out and played Berryville game, first quarter the big was so tired she has to be taken out and instead of taking it to the hoop he stalls the ball and lets the other team rest!

AirWarren

Tiger4Life2015

February 27, 2017, 12:35:06 pm #7 Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 12:39:16 pm by Tiger4Life2015
The boys bracket is predictable by the fact Baptist is by far the best team in the bracket. The 1st round and even 2nd round games don't matter, it's about winning it all at this point. Who wants to be 7th, 5th or even 3rd. Not saying Warren can't make a run to semis or a 4 seed can't make a run to the semis or even finals, but Baptist will win it all by the looks of it. That's why I agree that it is predictable on who will win it. Anything can happen that's for sure, but it looks as though Baptist should win it hands down. If you disagree look at their stats, lineup, and scores from this year.

The girls on the other hand is up for grabs. They have 4 or so teams I think that could make a run and win the sucker. No team is by far better than the others is why the girls bracket is unpredictable on who will win it all. In regards to Berryville being my prediction to win it all, I'm not sure how they will handle pressure from say a Star City team and again from my understanding they have a freshman and sophomore handling the ball, plus the big girls are both sophomores as well.... Obviously you are an Ozark fan who is upset at the outcome of the game from the other night, but hats off to the Lady Cats as they found a way to win it after being down double digits a couple times throughout the night. That is saying something about very young players in my opinion who might get caught up in the big moment at State or might rise to the occassion like they did against your team the other night in crunch time. Plus all these young girls made the run to the semis last year if you don't recall?? Besides the freshman of course who has added some much needed athleticism and ball handling to that final four team. Again can't blame the game on officials either. They aren't the best in the world around here obviously and is no excuse IMO.

Excuse my first paragraph that was a reply to Air Warren's question who has removed that now.

Ozark Hog

You must be a Berryville fan, I didn't even comment on the Ozark game if you will read the post!  A team that press the whole game will eat their lunch, they are a turn over waiting to happen, if they was that good they should have a better record than what they have.

Tiger4Life2015

I am a supporter and follower of the 4A-1. Have been for well over 10 years. I call it like I see it. They were missing their 2 best players half the year. I don't have a dog in the fight, and gather my info from other fans and coaches that I associate with. I was at the games the other night and that is why I commented on the Championship. I know you referenced the Pottsville game, but obviously you are an Ozark fan who was somewhat irritated at the fact you "lost to an inferior team" from the sounds of it. Pottsville and Ozark girls teams are both very good teams who are very athletic and Ozark especially had 2 fantastic guards.  I have seen Berryville a few times this year towards the end of the year and them winning their district and winning the region speaks for itself I think. Especially the fact they made a final four run last year and lost 1 girl off of that team. They also have 2 girls who are both 6'2ish So that would kind of help in making them a favorite I would say??? Don't think anybody would disagree with that. If you don't think they've played teams that press a lot then you are mistaken and obviously don't know the 4A-1 or other teams in the area that they play. They also by looking at their schedule played another region champion in Monticello without their 2 best players this  year and that is when I was told their 2 best players were out and only lost to them by 10. The facts don't lie and speak for themselves. If you think your girls or Pottsville girls could win it or perhaps make the final four than obviously you should think the Berryville girls stand a chance because they beat both of them. I'm a supporter of all teams in the 4A-1 especially at this time of the year. Now I am a 4A North supporter and wish the best for all the teams from the region including your Ozark Hillbillies.

Ozark Hog

Did I say Ozark or Pottsville could win the whole thing? I don't think so but a 21-12 overall and 4-6 in their conference doesn't look good if you cannot even win your own conference it doesn't bode well. I have watched a lot of basketball and I can tell you, their guard play will get them beat against a good pressing team!!

casper07

Quote from: Ozark Hog on February 27, 2017, 12:12:18 pm
Watched Berryville play this week, there is no way they will will it all, they have no ball handlers when they are pressed, the big girl is slow as Christmas. If the officials would call her for the fouls she commits she would not last the first quarter. They should have lost in semi finals, if you watched the game the poor decision by coach cost them the game, they had speed to burn and he pulls the ball out and played Berryville game, first quarter the big was so tired she has to be taken out and instead of taking it to the hoop he stalls the ball and lets the other team rest!
well I can assure you if they have no ball handlers, they won't no part of Star City's full court pressure all night.

Ozark Hog

I have not seen Star City play this year, but did last year good team with a good coach, don't know how many players are back from last year but they had a big girl inside that was hard to stop.

Tiger4Life2015

You have watched Berryville 2 games and that is it and the rest you are basing off a record which is obviously not always the true judge of a team, especially a team who has suffered injuries and other issues all season. I haven't seen them much but have more than 2 games and know that they won their district and regional championship. Yes star city is always a great team who does like to press, but last year they were bounced out of the tourney in the 2nd round by CAC when Berryville girls were knocked out in  the semis by the same CAC team.... I think you jumping all over a team for their record and 2 games isn't the ideal analysis if you ask me. They seemed to struggle with the press against Pottsville, but who's to say they didn't play their best game? What I've saw out of them last year and this year is a pretty good squad with 2 girls that are 6'2 which is hard for any team to handle wouldn't you say? Plus again, they returned everyone except 1 girl from their final four team.... anybody else with that kind of resume you are picking to return I'd say to at least the final four??? My pick stands justified IMO. Also like I said the girls bracket is up for grabs and I could see 4 other teams winning it as well especially with the CAC girl coming back!. Just picking the favorite is what it's all about? So what was your pick? Obviously not anybody from your region it sounds like.

Ozark Hog

I guess you think they were the only one who had to deal with injuries or issues this season. The Ladd girl from Ozark was out all year and she is one of their best players. Lots of teams dealing with some nagging injuries this time of year.  Then if you think the Pottsville team played their best game we didn't watch the same team, I don't think they could have made a layup in the fourth quarter if Berryville stood on the other end and not even guarded them. It was pretty ugly offense for them in that quarter. If they would have only made half of the ones they missed the game would have been over. It didn't help matters any that their coach slowed the game down instead of play up tempo, from what I saw that was their type game.
I went back and looked at Berryville record and when they lost, the loses were spread out through the year, and then several of their losses  were to 3-a schools.
One with a record of just 1 game over 500 they were 12-ll for the year. What was the problem with that team was all your players hurt??
If was betting money I would say that no team from our regional site will win the state title.

Bulldog92

Quote from: casper07 on February 27, 2017, 03:56:57 pm
well I can assure you if they have no ball handlers, they won't no part of Star City's full court pressure all night.
WOW!!!  Look who is back on FF, Casper the friendly ghost, haha!!
First of all the only reason Berryville girls made it to the Semis is because of the luck of the draw!!  We did get beat by CAC(the Williams girl) because we played the worst game that we played all year offensively!!  Now then on to 2017, the top side of the bracket is very deceiving it has the North 1, South 1, and if the Williams girl is back the legit East 1!!  If SC comes out and plays their normal game they will give anyone they play fits. No one has stopped Williams the past couple seasons she is going to get hers, so you just have to out score them. SC has the TEAM to bring it home but it's put up or shut up time now!! 

HogCall11

I appreciate all the people backing Berryville. We are a young team with a lot of potential.

casper07

Quote from: Bulldog92 on February 27, 2017, 07:47:44 pm
WOW!!!  Look who is back on FF, Casper the friendly ghost, haha!!
First of all the only reason Berryville girls made it to the Semis is because of the luck of the draw!!  We did get beat by CAC(the Williams girl) because we played the worst game that we played all year offensively!!  Now then on to 2017, the top side of the bracket is very deceiving it has the North 1, South 1, and if the Williams girl is back the legit East 1!!  If SC comes out and plays their normal game they will give anyone they play fits. No one has stopped Williams the past couple seasons she is going to get hers, so you just have to out score them. SC has the TEAM to bring it home but it's put up or shut up time now!! 
lol!! Well said cuz!!

Wpsgohogs

Quote from: casper07 on February 27, 2017, 08:59:17 pm
lol!! Well said cuz!!
CAC should be ready they also didn't have their second best player in regionals either with a wrist Injury and her and the Williams girl will be back for the state tournament. That's The last I heard. It should be fun to watch them play berryville.

Bluegoatfan

What about Estem? They're long, athletic and fast. Defensively they look pretty solid. Hard to over come size and speed.

bigchief72455

Quote from: Bluegoatfan on February 28, 2017, 09:25:22 am
What about Estem? They're long, athletic and fast. Defensively they look pretty solid. Hard to over come size and speed.
Pocahontas did.

casper07

Quote from: Ozark Hog on February 27, 2017, 04:29:04 pm
I have not seen Star City play this year, but did last year good team with a good coach, don't know how many players are back from last year but they had a big girl inside that was hard to stop.
shes back

Loverofthegame

With CAC healthy, there is likely no team to stop them. They ran through every team in the East without their second best player for rebounding, defense and scoring. she will be back. Last year against Star City no one could stop Williams and this year the overall team is more mature. Berryville double teamed williams where she didn't have to score and the other girls stepped up. This will be an interesting battle but with a 100% CAC team, no one is stopping them. Especially since they beat all of these teams last year with a less aggressive team. They also have the more competitive conference with ESTEM and Lonoke. Also played in a very competitive tournament in florida against top ranked players and came out 2-1 and with less turnovers, would've gone 3-0. There are NO teams in 4A that are as competitive as those teams. So question is, will Williams be ready? Honestly even if she is 80%, no one is stopping the #2 player in the NATION. I'm ready for some state tournament basketball!!

andydavis1234

Any cinderellas on the boy's side of the bracket? Warren is hot right now, and their bracket shapes out pretty well, could definitely see them making a run to Hot Springs. Also wouldn't be surprised to see Bauxite pull the upset over Huntsville, but don't see them making it past Baptist. I'm sort of biased here, but if the shots are falling for Subi they could stay competitive with Cave City.

AirWarren

Quote from: andydavis1234 on March 01, 2017, 08:50:55 am
Any cinderellas on the boy's side of the bracket? Warren is hot right now, and their bracket shapes out pretty well, could definitely see them making a run to Hot Springs. Also wouldn't be surprised to see Bauxite pull the upset over Huntsville, but don't see them making it past Baptist. I'm sort of biased here, but if the shots are falling for Subi they could stay competitive with Cave City.

Warren barely is fielding a team. Mediocre at best. Lucky we even made it past district. Much less to district.

I would advise any team on warren's side to look over us. We only have 7 players on the team.

bigchief72455

Quote from: Loverofthegame on March 01, 2017, 08:43:52 am
With CAC healthy, there is likely no team to stop them. They ran through every team in the East without their second best player for rebounding, defense and scoring. she will be back. Last year against Star City no one could stop Williams and this year the overall team is more mature. Berryville double teamed williams where she didn't have to score and the other girls stepped up. This will be an interesting battle but with a 100% CAC team, no one is stopping them. Especially since they beat all of these teams last year with a less aggressive team. They also have the more competitive conference with ESTEM and Lonoke. Also played in a very competitive tournament in florida against top ranked players and came out 2-1 and with less turnovers, would've gone 3-0. There are NO teams in 4A that are as competitive as those teams. So question is, will Williams be ready? Honestly even if she is 80%, no one is stopping the #2 player in the NATION. I'm ready for some state tournament basketball!!
I would not count out Pocahontas. They beat ESTEM and Lonoke in regionals.

LRRandy

Quote from: AirWarren on March 01, 2017, 09:07:57 am
Warren barely is fielding a team. Mediocre at best. Lucky we even made it past district. Much less to district.

I would advise any team on warren's side to look over us. We only have 7 players on the team.
I haven't seen Warren play but I'm hearing these same things.

Bulldog92

Loveofthegame you are correct they beat SC last year, by one point. That is not exactly walking over them. As I said in an earlier post that was SC's worst offensive performance the entire year last year, and it was self inflicted!!  no excuses just facts because you have to show up and play every game!!  Now then this year is different for every team, most of the ones being mentioned are older and more mature than they were last year. I believe the games to watch will be in the top side of the bracket with SC, Berryville, and a healthy CAC playing each other before the finals. I do believe the champion should come from the top. Williams is a great player and probably won't be stopped, she is going to get hers but if a team shows up and plays good team ball they will give CAC a run for their money.

Tiger4Life2015

Pottsville girls over Lonoke girls by 2! Go 4A North

(((Subi2Sweet)))

Quote from: Tiger4Life2015 on February 27, 2017, 12:35:06 pm
The boys bracket is predictable by the fact Baptist is by far the best team in the bracket. The 1st round and even 2nd round games don't matter, it's about winning it all at this point. Who wants to be 7th, 5th or even 3rd. Not saying Warren can't make a run to semis or a 4 seed can't make a run to the semis or even finals, but Baptist will win it all by the looks of it. That's why I agree that it is predictable on who will win it. Anything can happen that's for sure, but it looks as though Baptist should win it hands down. If you disagree look at their stats, lineup, and scores from this year.

The girls on the other hand is up for grabs. They have 4 or so teams I think that could make a run and win the sucker. No team is by far better than the others is why the girls bracket is unpredictable on who will win it all. In regards to Berryville being my prediction to win it all, I'm not sure how they will handle pressure from say a Star City team and again from my understanding they have a freshman and sophomore handling the ball, plus the big girls are both sophomores as well.... Obviously you are an Ozark fan who is upset at the outcome of the game from the other night, but hats off to the Lady Cats as they found a way to win it after being down double digits a couple times throughout the night. That is saying something about very young players in my opinion who might get caught up in the big moment at State or might rise to the occassion like they did against your team the other night in crunch time. Plus all these young girls made the run to the semis last year if you don't recall?? Besides the freshman of course who has added some much needed athleticism and ball handling to that final four team. Again can't blame the game on officials either. They aren't the best in the world around here obviously and is no excuse IMO.

Excuse my first paragraph that was a reply to Air Warren's question who has removed that now.

"If you want to crown them, crown them then...."

LRRandy

Quote from: (((Subi2Sweet))) on March 01, 2017, 03:55:44 pm
"If you want to crown them, crown them then...."
I think they be crowned. At least I know the boys from last year have a ring.  ;D

Tiger4Life2015

March 02, 2017, 05:26:08 pm #31 Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 05:31:40 pm by Tiger4Life2015
Man the 4A north sure has looked pretty good so far...should really have more respect for the girls teams in this region.

Quote from: Ozark Hog on February 27, 2017, 07:45:14 pm
I guess you think they were the only one who had to deal with injuries or issues this season. The Ladd girl from Ozark was out all year and she is one of their best players. Lots of teams dealing with some nagging injuries this time of year.  Then if you think the Pottsville team played their best game we didn't watch the same team, I don't think they could have made a layup in the fourth quarter if Berryville stood on the other end and not even guarded them. It was pretty ugly offense for them in that quarter. If they would have only made half of the ones they missed the game would have been over. It didn't help matters any that their coach slowed the game down instead of play up tempo, from what I saw that was their type game.
I went back and looked at Berryville record and when they lost, the loses were spread out through the year, and then several of their losses  were to 3-a schools.
One with a record of just 1 game over 500 they were 12-ll for the year. What was the problem with that team was all your players hurt??
If was betting money I would say that no team from our regional site will win the state title.

NEADELTA

Quote from: Bulldog92 on March 01, 2017, 10:38:01 am
Loveofthegame you are correct they beat SC last year, by one point. That is not exactly walking over them. As I said in an earlier post that was SC's worst offensive performance the entire year last year, and it was self inflicted!!  no excuses just facts because you have to show up and play every game!!  Now then this year is different for every team, most of the ones being mentioned are older and more mature than they were last year. I believe the games to watch will be in the top side of the bracket with SC, Berryville, and a healthy CAC playing each other before the finals. I do believe the champion should come from the top. Williams is a great player and probably won't be stopped, she is going to get hers but if a team shows up and plays good team ball they will give CAC a run for their money.

Star City's problem is that they play in the worst girls conference in the state and it hurts them in the postseason. They've been to like 30 state tourneys and won how many? Still a great girls program and coach, but the 8aaaa girls conference is terrible and it hurts them

Bulldog92

NEADelta I couldn't agree more!!  We play a very tough non conference schedule and then when we get to conference it's not good. This blended conference was worse than the 8-4A. We got beat tonight by a team that came to play. Good luck to Pottsville!!

Tiger4Life2015

March 02, 2017, 08:31:46 pm #34 Last Edit: March 02, 2017, 08:34:25 pm by Tiger4Life2015
Quote from: Ozark Hog on February 27, 2017, 07:45:14 pm
If was betting money I would say that no team from our regional site will win thestate title

Man... Berryville looked pretty good tonight bud. May need to check that record some more and a 4A north team will be in The Title game no matter what....guess we hadn't watched enough bball from these 4A North teams after all...  ;)

bigchief72455

Almost time for the Lady Skins to play. Lets go red. Get that win.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas