• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

3-4A District Tournament @ Pocahontas

Started by Uncle Tupelo, February 09, 2017, 12:54:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Uncle Tupelo

February 09, 2017, 12:54:49 pm Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 02:33:00 pm by Uncle Tupelo
Anyone have a schedule for the 4A-3 boys and girls district tournament in Pocahontas?

Photo

The south conference still has games to play. I spoke to the Highland coach. He says they will meet on Saturday to decide seeding.

Missco

I would think
1 cave city
2 westside
3 gosnell
4 pokey
5 brookland
6 highland
7 truman
8 harrisburg

Photo

Just saw a girls bracket.

1. Pocahontas
8. Gosnell
4. Highland
5. Westside
2. Brookland
7. Cave City
3. Harrisburg
6. Trumann

Photo

Boys bracket

1. Cave City
8. Highland
4. Brookand
5. Pocahontas
2. Westside
7. Harrisburg
3. Gosnell
6. Trumann

NEA Razorback olfan

2/13 first round per Jonesboro Sun

4:00  Gosnell vs Pokey (G)
5:30  Highland vs Cave City (B)
7:00  Cave City vs Brookland (G)
8:30. Harrisburg vs Westside (B)

Donnie Jamon

Sports1511

LRRandy

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on February 13, 2017, 06:36:16 pm
Cave City and Highland boys in OT 46-46
would'nt that be something. The one seed not making it to region. This no buy no auto trip to region may just turn out to suck.

Sports1511

LRRandy

NoSize

LRRandy

Donnie Jamon

Brookland and Cave City girl nail biter. Brookland up 1 with 4 sec left. CC at the ft line

Donnie Jamon

February 13, 2017, 08:17:21 pm #15 Last Edit: February 13, 2017, 08:21:00 pm by Donnie Jamon
#7 CC girls win 49-48 over #2 Brookland

Donnie Jamon

Boys:

Westside 72-42 victory over Harrisburg.

Donnie Jamon

Highland girls beat Westside 60-31. Pocahontas and Brookland bout to tip off

Donnie Jamon

Donnie Jamon

RedWolf275

Radiotalker

Missco

Truman was winning by 14 early in 4th. Dont know details i went to osceola games tonight.

Missco

Gosnell now just down 4 with 4 min. Left in 4th

Missco

Truman won 60-58. Congrats to coach wise.

Donnie Jamon

Missco

Photo

Donnie Jamon

Donnie Jamon

Donnie Jamon

Donnie Jamon

Cave city beat Harrisburg in the girls game.

Radiotalker

Donnie Jamon

Not really. It was a lot of motion offense trying to get better looks and just didn't happen much. CC don't give up layups and Brookland isn't a bad def team. Brookland only scored 2 pts in the 3q. Just couldn't make a shot and the big boys swatted everything back if we went inside.

Donnie Jamon

4 or 5 min went by before anyone even scored in the 1q also I believe.

Googlymoogly

Donnie Jamon

48-39 CC girls over Harrisburg

59-40 Westside boys over Trumann

WattsOzark

razorbacks

Wizardofoz

Westside vs Cave City in the finals.

I have seen both teams play several times and truly believe that Cave City is not as good as their record shows. They haven't looked good this whole tournament in my opinion and I think some of that is because they have been playing weaker competition throughout the conference. Westside is more battle tested when you look at who they have played throughout the season in conference play. I do not think Cave City can match up with westsides ability to shoot the ball at every position forcing cave city out of their zone defense making them play man is to westsides advantage. Westide wins this game by double digits and will be the number 1 seed going into regionals. This is all about matchups and cave city doesn't match up well with westside and also hasn't been playing well as of late.

OB11

So which teams are going to the regional tournament out of this district? 

skins68

Quote from: Wizardofoz on February 16, 2017, 10:41:59 am
Westside vs Cave City in the finals.

I have seen both teams play several times and truly believe that Cave City is not as good as their record shows. They haven't looked good this whole tournament in my opinion and I think some of that is because they have been playing weaker competition throughout the conference. Westside is more battle tested when you look at who they have played throughout the season in conference play. I do not think Cave City can match up with westsides ability to shoot the ball at every position forcing cave city out of their zone defense making them play man is to westsides advantage. Westide wins this game by double digits and will be the number 1 seed going into regionals. This is all about matchups and cave city doesn't match up well with westside and also hasn't been playing well as of late.
I completely agree! The split in conferences is terrible for Poky, Highland and Cave City. The competion this year has been awful! This will hurt us moving forward in the future! I am not a fan of this split at all! We only have 3 4a schools on our side and 5 3a schools! This will hurt us every year when it comes time for district!

Donnie Jamon

I like Westside by 15 or more. If they are making shots which they do a lot of the time then I don't see CC staying in the zone. Just cant see CC making enough 3s to hang around. 

Donnie Jamon

Highland gets the (3) seed girls by beating Harrisburg who gets the (4) seed.

Trumann gets the (3) seed by beating Brookland boys who will get the (4) seed

NEA Razorback olfan

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on February 17, 2017, 06:53:58 pm
Highland gets the (3) seed girls by beating Harrisburg who gets the (4) seed.

Trumann gets the (3) seed by beating Brookland boys who will get the (4) seed

Thanks for updates

Porka

Pocahontas 36
Cave City 17

Halftime in the girls game.

The Skins are gonna come out of this the #1 seed

Photo

Photo

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas