• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How will they seed for tournament?

Started by MikeDiesel™, January 18, 2017, 08:06:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeDiesel™

Quote from: mijally on February 07, 2017, 03:01:18 pm
I wouldn't dismiss Harrison either. That wasn't my point. Other than Jonesboro and Cutter Morning Star every team has been beaten. A lot of losses were upsets. Including Harrison's to Wynne. NLR a week after football season is not the same one now. They're on a roll.

I didn't realize that Wynne beat Harrison.  I'm getting more excited about the strength of the 5A East.  The top teams in the East have been hanging with Jonesboro and West Memphis pretty well.  And knowing that our 3/4 seed team beat Harrison looks pretty good.

Was Harrison fighting injuries or sickness that game?

Elvis Hoggoblin

Quote from: MikeDiesel™ on February 08, 2017, 09:39:40 am
I didn't realize that Wynne beat Harrison.  I'm getting more excited about the strength of the 5A East.  The top teams in the East have been hanging with Jonesboro and West Memphis pretty well.  And knowing that our 3/4 seed team beat Harrison looks pretty good.

Was Harrison fighting injuries or sickness that game?

While I am not an excuse maker.......Wynne was decent, very athletic....But probably the worst game that Harrison Boys have played all year.
It was kind of a "trap" game also and the Goblins were coming off of a big win over North Little Rock.

Go Postal

Harrison has had some playmakers in the past but what I like about this year's team is the way that they share the game play on the court and not just giving the ball to their best shooter like other teams.  They all share in the victory or defeat. 

Ponca

Quote from: MikeDiesel™ on February 08, 2017, 09:39:40 am

This has been my feeling all year. East is still strong, but 2nd. Central is ridiculously strong. Central will be leaving teams home when state comes that could challenge in other leagues. West is 3rd. South is easily 4th.

Elvis Hoggoblin

Quote from: Ponca on February 10, 2017, 12:31:38 am
This has been my feeling all year. East is still strong, but 2nd. Central is ridiculously strong. Central will be leaving teams home when state comes that could challenge in other leagues. West is 3rd. South is easily 4th.

Ok Ponca.......your credibility is slumping.......Central will definitely be #1 going into State tournament................... but barring any 1st round conference tourney upsets, the West is far above the East this year..................Most likely 1 thru 3 will be Harrison, Maumelle, and Morrilton with 4th being up for grabs.......... while anything can happen, I think the East would struggle to have anyone beat the West's 1-3.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Elvis Hoggoblin on February 10, 2017, 10:12:13 am
Most likely 1 thru 3 will be Harrison, Maumelle, and Morrilton with 4th being up for grabs

In no particular order, correct?

Elvis Hoggoblin

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Elvis Hoggoblin on February 10, 2017, 01:30:18 pm
Definitely no particular order Chief!

Speaking of, has Harrison played Morrilton this year?  We played them twice and they were a tough team.

Go Postal

February 10, 2017, 05:09:46 pm #58 Last Edit: February 10, 2017, 05:11:39 pm by Go Postal
Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on February 10, 2017, 03:06:59 pm
Speaking of, has Harrison played Morrilton this year?  We played them twice and they were a tough team.
No, we didn't want to mess up our record yet by playing more West teams.  LOL

Elvis Hoggoblin

No. Morrilton is pretty good. 
Of course you got their best one.

Ponca

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on February 10, 2017, 03:06:59 pm

Interesting thought. Maumelle beat Morrilton twice this year?

So if they go with this stupid West vs East format in 5A West, I assume Morrilton will get East 1 seed and Maumelle 2 seed (or worse). Since Morrilton looks to go undefeated like Harrison in their pee poor district.

Doesn't the fact that Maumelle beat Morrilton twice blow this format up?

The AAA said coaches can seed for district. Hopefully this will come to fruition in the 5A West or the seeds will be messed up.

mijally

Maumelle is the 1 seed from the East/West whatever the heck since they beat Greenbrier, Vilonia, and Morrilton twice.  Harrison, it appears, will be the 1 seed from the West/West.

Ponca

Quote from: mijally on February 10, 2017, 11:44:51 pm
Maumelle is the 1 seed from the East/West whatever the heck since they beat Greenbrier, Vilonia, and Morrilton twice.  Harrison, it appears, will be the 1 seed from the West/West.

Here's the problem. What if Morrilton goes undefeated in their blended conference like Harrison. Undefeated is undefeated.

mijally

Quote from: Ponca on February 10, 2017, 11:48:59 pm
Here's the problem. What if Morrilton goes undefeated in their blended conference like Harrison. Undefeated is undefeated.
Their conference games are irrelevant as Maumelle's. My understanding is the games between Maumelle, Morrilton, Greenbrier, and Vilonia determine their seeding on the East side of the conference.

sevenof400

Quote from: mijally on February 11, 2017, 12:07:19 am
Their conference games are irrelevant as Maumelle's. My understanding is the games between Maumelle, Morrilton, Greenbrier, and Vilonia determine their seeding on the East side of the conference.

This is what the 5A West coaches agreed to this year - the same thing is going on in the West half of the conference as well. 

BrierDad

The seedings are not messed up, they actually make quite a bit of sense considering all of the blended junk that has been thrown at everyone. 4 teams all play each other twice and the records speak for themselves. The rest of the blended games are meaningless because they have nothing to do with the 5a west conference.

Funny thing is how dominate the 5a teams on both sides in boys and girls have been over the 6a teams.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas