• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Becoming an Official

Started by @CurryLegion, October 25, 2016, 08:59:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

@CurryLegion

Hello, I was just wondering if someone could help me with figuring out how to become an official? I honestly have no idea where to begin. So if anyone knows, and could help me out, it would be greatly appreciated.

john3459

My suggestion is to call your District Rep, you can get his info at http://www.ahsaa.org/.  Your rep can give you info on summiting an application, crew chiefs in your area that could help you get training and games. Also you can visit www.aahso.com, this is an web site with plenty of training info.

arreferee

Quote from: @CurryLegion on October 25, 2016, 08:59:33 pm
Hello, I was just wondering if someone could help me with figuring out how to become an official? I honestly have no idea where to begin. So if anyone knows, and could help me out, it would be greatly appreciated.

In addition to what john3459 said, let us know in what part of the state you live.  I'm not asking for you to give out your address, but there's a decent chance there's an official on here that is close to you and might be able to help you get started...or the ones of us on here may know someone in your area that we can put you in contact with.

Oldbadger

Speaking of being an official, Arkansas lost one of the best last week.  Ray Duke, father of the golfer, Ken Duke, and an Arkadelphia resident died a few days ago.  Officiated in Arkansas for almost 50 years.  A good friend and great guy.  Prayers go out to his family.

beach bum

Quote from: Oldbadger on October 26, 2016, 11:45:00 am
Speaking of being an official, Arkansas lost one of the best last week.  Ray Duke, father of the golfer, Ken Duke, and an Arkadelphia resident died a few days ago.  Officiated in Arkansas for almost 50 years.  A good friend and great guy.  Prayers go out to his family.

Best wishes to his family. He had to have been a good one to be around that long! And had to have been a good man to deal with the screaming coaches for 50 years! Nobody sticks around 50 years at anything unless they were really good at what they did and loved every minute to stick around that long.

3 Dollar

Quote from: @CurryLegion on October 25, 2016, 08:59:33 pm

What sport?  Football?  Basketball?  Baseball?  Softball?  etc....

bdubyab60

Got a friend who is trying his hand at being an official for the first time this year. His first game and he got plowed over by a running back lol

@CurryLegion

Thanks for all of the responses. I am looking at basketball and/or baseball.

Currently I am in Fayetteville (College Student), but I am interested in getting in to officiating.

3 Dollar

Check you Personal Messages @CurryLegion

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas