• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Couple of questions

Started by bdubyab60, September 24, 2016, 10:10:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bdubyab60

1. Are there any spot fouls in Arkansas high school football?

2. When is half the distance to goal enforced?

Rulesman

1) the spot of the foul could be an enforcement spot under the all-but-one principle.

2) anytime the enforcement spot would place the result more than half the distance. For 15 yds it would be inside of the 30. For 10, inside the 20, for 5, inside the 10.

bdubyab60

What is the all but one principle

bdubyab60

This is the scenario that happened.

Team A is around the 30 of team be after a couple of false starts and a tackle for loss it's like 2nd and 25. 5 yard of course the line to gain.

Team A runs a pass play and a penalty is called around the 7 or 8 yard line for PI or holding. That's where the ball ended up being spotted I believe.

Now I could have my yardages wrong cause I was kind of caught up in the game. But it seemed like some awful long yards for a penalty.

Rulesman

Quote from: bdubyab60 on September 24, 2016, 06:57:20 pm
This is the scenario that happened.

Team A is around the 30 of team be after a couple of false starts and a tackle for loss it's like 2nd and 25. 5 yard of course the line to gain.

Team A runs a pass play and a penalty is called around the 7 or 8 yard line for PI or holding. That's where the ball ended up being spotted I believe.

Now I could have my yardages wrong cause I was kind of caught up in the game. But it seemed like some awful long yards for a penalty.
Your yardages are critical to answer the question. Did the play in question occur on 2nd and 25? And on what yardline was the ball snapped?

bdubyab60

Want to say it was snapped close to the 30

Rulesman

Quote from: bdubyab60 on September 24, 2016, 07:36:29 pm
Want to say it was snapped close to the 30
OK. 2/25 on the B30.  You said this was a pass play so the basic spot for penalty enforcement is the previous spot. The foul took place downfield, and would be enforced from the previous spot. That would make it 2/10 on the B15. (Remember DPI no longer carries an automatic first down).

If, for example a foul occurred on a pass play behind the basic spot, it would be enforced from the spot of the foul (under all-but-one), "one" being a foul that occurs behind the basic spot.

bdubyab60

I'm either wrong on my yardage or they marched this one off wrong then. By the time they placed the ball it was second and 5 almost.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas