• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

NCAA Division II Central Region Championship

Started by Valleysports, May 11, 2014, 10:35:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CathywithaC

Valleysports

bleudog

Valleysports

Thanks for posting the brackets, bleudog. 

Bre, is El Paso still torn up?  Ha ha Oooops  For those who haven't been to Tech lately, there have been a few changes.  On the NW corner of campus (by farm) a new road (Phoenix Extension) travels west then south to the Parkway Bypass.

If I was coming from Ft Smith I'd take (Exit 80), then turn left on Phoenix, just past the Junior High.
From Conway - Tech is on Hwy 7 (Exit 81).

CathywithaC

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Valleysports on May 12, 2014, 08:10:36 am
Thanks for posting the brackets, bleudog. 

Bre, is El Paso still torn up?  Ha ha Oooops  For those who haven't been to Tech lately, there have been a few changes.  On the NW corner of campus (by farm) a new road (Phoenix Extension) travels west then south to the Parkway Bypass.

If I was coming from Ft Smith I'd take (Exit 80), then turn left on Phoenix, just past the Junior High.
From Conway - Tech is on Hwy 7 (Exit 81).

I'd completely avoid telling anyone to use El Paso...just to be o nthe safe side. Coming from Conway...Take 7 and turn left just across from McDonalds by the Rockhouse Salon. There"s less speed bumps that way, and takes you directly to the field..

Breitontime

Yeah, still torn up. However, it doesn't seem to be deterring traffic in the least bit.

Valleysports

Quote from: HF on May 12, 2014, 06:13:51 pm
I'd completely avoid telling anyone to use El Paso...just to be o nthe safe side. Coming from Conway...Take 7 and turn left just across from McDonalds by the Rockhouse Salon. There"s less speed bumps that way, and takes you directly to the field..

HF, take 7 and turn left just across from McDonalds?  I'm not following... Coming in on hwy 64?

Ha ha young people don't like speed bumps!  ;D  I'd take Exit 81, go left back over the Interstate to Tech campus, right in front of softball field, or next right, or next right.  Ha ha  - the ideal is to get to the SW corner of the campus.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Valleysports on May 12, 2014, 10:07:56 pm
Quote from: HF on May 12, 2014, 06:13:51 pm

HF, take 7 and turn left just across from McDonalds?  I'm not following... Coming in on hwy 64?

Ha ha young people don't like speed bumps!  ;D  I'd take Exit 81, go left back over the Interstate to Tech campus, right in front of softball field, or next right, or next right.  Ha ha  - the ideal is to get to the SW corner of the campus.

..My bad...Off of exit 81, take a RIGHT turn off of 7 by the football field...Think it's "L" Street. Was thinking that was the most direct route to that corner of the campus...But the other ones will get ya there too:D

Valleysports

Quote from: CathywithaC on May 12, 2014, 08:29:53 am
Quote from: Valleysports on May 11, 2014, 11:06:53 pm
Want us to check on those cabins?
I welcome any info you can provide!

I got busy and forgot CathC - do you have everything taken care of?
Guess I could go over and take a look at the field - sure it's covered.  Niice to have a new stadium, for this weather and year end tournament.

CathywithaC

Quote from: Valleysports on May 14, 2014, 12:59:06 pm
Quote from: CathywithaC on May 12, 2014, 08:29:53 am
Quote from: Valleysports on May 11, 2014, 11:06:53 pm
Want us to check on those cabins?
I welcome any info you can provide!

I got busy and forgot CathC - do you have everything taken care of?
Guess I could go over and take a look at the field - sure it's covered.  Niice to have a new stadium, for this weather and year end tournament.
Thanks.  I think everyone is taken care of.  Now if only it would quit raining!!

Valleysports

May 14, 2014, 04:21:45 pm #12 Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 07:02:00 am by Valleysports
Three games are on tap for the opening day, with first pitches scheduled for Noon, 3:30 p.m., and 7 p.m.

Valleysports

May 15, 2014, 07:02:24 am #13 Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 07:04:26 am by Valleysports
NOON – #3/4 MINNESOTA STATE (3) vs. #21/RV EMPORIA STATE (4)

Minnesota State (41-9, 28-4 NSIC) won a regular-season title in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference and is making its 33rd appearance in the NCAA tournament. The opening-round contest features the two programs with the most NCAA tourney experience, as Emporia State (40-17, 26-14 MIAA) is making its 10th appearance in the tourney after winning the MIAA Championship.

VS. THE FIELD: Minnesota State opened its season with fifth-seed Arkansas-Monticello and split a doubleheader at Weevil Field. MSU took two of four in its regular-season set with Augustana for a record of 3-3 overall vs. the Central Region field. For Emporia State, tomorrow's game marks the first game of the season against a member of the Central Region field.

Valleysports

May 15, 2014, 07:03:13 am #14 Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 07:04:46 am by Valleysports
3:30 p.m. - #8/14 SOUTHERN ARKANSAS (2) vs. #17/RV ARKANSAS-MONTICELLO (5)

Mere days after these two archrivals met in the finals of the Great American Conference tournament, the two will square off again in the opening round of the NCAA tournament. Southern Arkansas (38-17, 18-12 GAC) won its third straight tournament title in Enid, Okla. and advances to its seventh consecutive NCAA tournament while the Boll Weevils (36-15, 22-8 GAC) qualify for their first tournament after turning in perhaps the best season in program history.

VS. THE FIELD: SAU holds a 3-2 advantage in its series with UAM this season. The Muleriders took three of four from Augustana in the opening series of the year, and hold a 3-2 advantage in the season series with Arkansas Tech. The Boll Weevils are 2-2 against Arkansas Tech, and 1-1 against Minnesota State

Valleysports

7 p.m. - #3/6 ARKANSAS TECH (1) vs. #28/30 AUGUSTANA (6)

Arkansas Tech (42-10, 25-5 GAC) won its first outright conference regular-season title since the 1992 season and achieved program bests in wins, conference wins, and finished the regular-season on a 22-game winning streak before running into GAC Pitcher of the Year Davis Ward in the opening round of the conference tourney. Making their first appearance in the NCAA tournament, the Wonder Boys are coached by GAC Coach of the Year Dave Dawson. Augustana (40-14, 25-8 NSIC) is making its second tournament appearance on the heels of a successful run in the NSIC tourney, where the Vikings swept through a four-game run to capture their league title.

VS. THE FIELD: The Wonder Boys have split the season series with UAM (2-2) while Southern Arkansas holds a 3-2 edge over the Wonder Boys. Augustana has a 3-5 record against the field, dropping three of four to SAU and splitting with Minnesota State in a conference series.

Valleysports

Quote from: Breitontime on May 15, 2014, 04:37:25 pm
It's howling at the shop right now. A tree behind the shop looks like it's about to snap in half.

Good grief!  Here comes the rain - I was thinking about showing off the VROD....

Breitontime

Sun's back out.

40mph winds and rain foe five minutes, then back to your normal May weather.

Valleysports

CathywithaC

CathywithaC

Great start for the Muleriders.  Beat UAM 11-4.  Looking forward to playing MN-Mankato tomorrow night at 7pm!!

Valleysports

Valleysports

Well I'm not sure what all Tech accomplished tonight - I think it's their first NCAA Playoff Game ever - The first NCAA Playoff win ever 4-2 (over Augustana SD) - first time ever hosting a playoff game...  But by golly baseball is the most boring sport ever! 

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Valleysports on May 15, 2014, 10:59:13 pm
Well I'm not sure what all Tech accomplished tonight - I think it's their first NCAA Playoff Game ever - The first NCAA Playoff win ever 4-2 (over Augustana SD) - first time ever hosting a playoff game...  But by golly baseball is the most boring sport ever! 

I can listen to Baseball on the radio all day long....but if I tried to watch Tech play, I bet I'd go to sleep in the stadium :D

CathywithaC

Quote from: Valleysports on May 15, 2014, 10:53:30 pm

From this angle?  :D
got me standing up cheering a homerun, I believe!  Do you get put in time-out for publicly outing me on a public posting???

Valleysports

May 16, 2014, 08:41:32 am #25 Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 09:00:21 am by Valleysports
Ha ha what are the chances of that.....  Hey the facilities look good to me, haven't seen others - good timing, glad they rebuilt the stadium, etc...  Take a drive through campus, if you haven't.

44 degs now - Fog rising off my pool.  If temp comes up 26 degs, I'll be near the red/chrome bike, behind the 8/9 position.

CathywithaC

Quote from: Valleysports on May 16, 2014, 08:41:32 am
Ha ha what are the chances of that.....  Hey the facilities look good to me, haven't seen others - good timing, glad they rebuilt the stadium, etc...  Take a drive through campus, if you haven't.

44 degs now - Fog rising off my pool.  If temp comes up 26 degs, I'll be near the red/chrome bike, behind the 8/9 position.
If I interpret this correctly, you ride a motorcycle and will be hiding somewhere between centerfield and rightfield???

Valleysports

May 16, 2014, 09:47:15 am #27 Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 09:51:23 am by Valleysports
Yep - OR backed up,above the fence, with a Silver GMC 3/4 ton, wearing camo (I know I should wear something different than everyone else).  Which ever way - there'll be Trucks, Camo, and Rednecks involved.  LOL

CathywithaC

Quote from: Valleysports on May 16, 2014, 09:47:15 am
Yep - OR backed up,above the fence, with a Silver GMC 3/4 ton, wearing camo (I know I should wear something different than everyone else).  Which ever way - there'll be Trucks, Camo, and Rednecks involved.  LOL
sounds like my family reunions!

Valleysports

Nice Day - VROD is out of the barn Bre!  :D

bleudog

CENTRAL REGION
Host: Arkansas Tech | Russellville, Ark. | Tech Field

GAME
DATE/TIME (ET)
MATCHUP
RESULT

May 15, 8 p.m.
No. 1 Arkansas Tech (42-10) vs. No. 6 Augustana (S.D.) (40-14)
Arkansas Tech, 4-2

May 15, 4:30 p.m.
No. 2 Southern Arkansas (38-17) vs. No. 5 Ark.-Monticello (36-15)
S. Arkansas, 11-4

May 15, 1 p.m.
No. 3 Minn. St.-Mankato (41-9) vs. No. 4 Emporia State (40-17)
MSU-Mankato, 11-5

May 16, 1 p.m.
No. 6 Augustana (S.D.) (40-15) vs. No. 5 Ark.-Monticello (36-16)
Augustana, 8-6

May 16, 4:30 p.m.
No. 1 Arkansas Tech (43-10) vs. No. 4 Emporia State (40-18)
Emporia State, 3-2

May 16, 8 p.m.
No. 2 Southern Arkansas (39-17) vs. No. 3 Minn. St.-Mankato (42-9)
MSU-Mankato, 6-3

May 17, 1 p.m.
No. 1 Arkansas Tech (43-11) vs. No. 2 Southern Arkansas (39-18)
Arkansas Tech, 5-0

May 17, 4:30 p.m.
No. 4 Emporia State (41-18) vs. No. 6 Augustana (S.D.) (41-15)
Emporia State, 3-0

May 17, 8 p.m.
No. 3 Minnesota State-Mankato (43-9) vs. No. 1 Arkansas Tech (44-11)
MSU-Mankato, 5-2

May 18, 2 p.m.
No. 4 Emporia State (42-18) vs. No. 3 Minn. St.-Mankato (44-9)
MSU-Mankato, 6-3

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas