• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

God's not Dead - But he already has a thread....

Started by Kazimierz, April 07, 2014, 02:44:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kazimierz

So I posted this and then immediately saw that AW had already started a thread. Pay no attention... nothing to see here.

***Possible Spoiler Alert***

Just wondering if anyone has seen this.  I read the synopsis and passed.  It appears to be a feel-good movie for believers and does not readily engage in serious debate (in that all people of opposed views either die or change their mind).

Not sure I like the appropriation of Nietzsche, but if some folks on here say the movie is worth seeing I may try to find it online.

"God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Yet his shadow still looms. How shall we comfort ourselves, the murderers of all murderers? What was holiest and mightiest of all that the world has yet owned has bled to death under our knives: who will wipe this blood off us? What water is there for us to clean ourselves? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we have to invent? Is not the greatness of this deed too great for us? Must we ourselves not become gods simply to appear worthy of it?"
—Nietzsche

That's some good stuff from a German philosopher.  We have killed God by replacing him.  And how can we fill that gap now? Must we create new games or festivals? Haven't we reached too far by killing God (i.e. removing him from our lives).  Now do we, as godslayers, have the obligation to attempt to be gods... to fill that place?

Yeah philosophy.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas