• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Boll Weevil Football....

Started by Big Fan, October 05, 2013, 11:00:48 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Big Fan

....on the rise?

Beat Tech today 34-0 in a thoroughly dominate performance to move to 3-2 on the season. 

Maynard G Krebs

Monticello needs a team to cheer for.   Good for a&m

Big Fan

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on October 05, 2013, 11:08:41 pm
Monticello needs a team to cheer for.   Good for a&m
Yes we do....I went 0-4 on my teams last week. 

AirWarren

Beat ATU today??? ha!

Go weevils! Very proud of my team!

Valleysports

Congratulations to UAM, not sure TECH is the opponent to measure by yet - picked to finish about last in GAC. 

Big Fan

Quote from: Valleysports on October 06, 2013, 07:17:43 am
Congratulations to UAM, not sure TECH is the opponent to measure by yet - picked to finish about last in GAC. 
When you're coming off a 1-10 season all wins are big.

LJ06

Quote from: Big Fan on October 06, 2013, 09:08:28 pm
Quote from: Valleysports on October 06, 2013, 07:17:43 am
When you're coming off a 1-10 season all wins are big.

So true

Big Fan

The Weevils have a good shot at finishing 6-5 this year and return a BUNCH for next year!  Can be a contender in 2014.

Big Fan

For you Weevil football fans............

http://uamsports.com/news/2014/4/15/FB_0415142627.aspx?elinkdata=73483

When Coach Jackson arrived in 2011 the cupboard was VERY bare.  His first class in 2011 had 45 signees, 35 of them are still with the team and will be seniors this season.  Leadership should not be an issue this year. 

Romeo

This should be a good year for UAM Football. They haven't been legitimate contenders for a conference title since I went to UAM in 2000 but with a large senior class, they should be in contention this upcoming season.

Big Fan

Quote from: Romeo on April 15, 2014, 08:41:00 pm
This should be a good year for UAM Football. They haven't been legitimate contenders for a conference title since I went to UAM in 2000 but with a large senior class, they should be in contention this upcoming season.
Did you play in 2000?

AirWarren

Big Fan

Quote from: AirWarren on April 15, 2014, 09:12:19 pm
Go weevils!
Pick a date, plan it out, come watch a game.......my treat.  You to Romeo......LJ.   

Romeo

Quote from: Big Fan on April 15, 2014, 09:12:04 pm
Did you play in 2000?

No, never played. Just went to UAM for a semester after high school, then went into the Air Force. My degree is from ATU, but I cheer for UAM.

AirWarren

Quote from: Big Fan on April 15, 2014, 09:15:38 pm
Go weevils!
Pick a date, plan it out, come watch a game.......my treat.  You to Romeo......LJ.   

Need to do that.

phdefense

Quote from: Romeo on April 15, 2014, 09:45:32 pm
Did you play in 2000?

No, never played. Just went to UAM for a semester after high school, then went into the Air Force. My degree is from ATU, but I cheer for UAM.
You have no soul.

Big Fan

Quote from: phdefense on May 04, 2014, 12:38:14 pm
Did you play in 2000?

You have no soul.
......nothing more evil, than a darn Boll Weevil......

minerjack

Quote from: AirWarren on April 15, 2014, 10:06:46 pm
Quote from: Big Fan on April 15, 2014, 09:15:38 pm
Go weevils!

Need to do that.
I need to go to some games.

Some that stood out to me:

Oct. 11th vs. Harding  (Homecoming)
Nov. 8th  vs. OBU 
Nov. 15th vs. SAU

I haven't been to a Homecoming game since my last year of football.

Romeo

Heartbreaking loss for UAM last night. What appeared to be a game winning touchdown was ruled an interception. To me, it looked like the defensive back took the ball after it was caught.

minerjack

Quote from: Romeo on September 07, 2014, 09:42:14 am
Heartbreaking loss for UAM last night. What appeared to be a game winning touchdown was ruled an interception. To me, it looked like the defensive back took the ball after it was caught.
Yep.  No review in D2.  Can't overrule it.

Jack1990

Had the same opinion you had Romeo...looked like a TD.  They still looked pretty good though.  From what I heard, we weren't even supposed to be in that game.  Looks like UAM might have found what they needed to score some serious wins in the GAC this year.

AirWarren

Quote from: phdefense on May 04, 2014, 12:38:14 pm
Did you play in 2000?

You have no soul.

Coming from a man that enjoys Larry's pizza and the "Whataburger" rip off in Russellville!

Valleysports

AW, what are you talking about now?  I can get your money back if you were ripped off at Whataburger.

AirWarren

Oh nothing. Ph and I got into a discussion about which whattaburger was better...the chain or the Russ Vegas one. Mostly just picking at him with that comment ha.

Valleysports

PH probably hasn't been to Russvegas Whataburger since college.  Really was the place to go at one time.  Had the kids pick me up one of their chocolate malts last week - still real good.  Every once in a while, we'll stop there to remember the good ole days.

phdefense

September 09, 2014, 09:04:34 am #25 Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 09:16:05 am by phdefense
Quote from: Valleysports on September 09, 2014, 03:13:22 am
PH probably hasn't been to Russvegas Whataburger since college.  Really was the place to go at one time.  Had the kids pick me up one of their chocolate malts last week - still real good.  Every once in a while, we'll stop there to remember the good ole days.
PH ate at Whatta-burger back in August. Had my usual double whatta with a chocolate shake. It is still enjoyable. I have actually found a much better burger in Stuttgart, but Whatta-burger is still better than CJ's and definitely better than the Texican ripoff. AW repent now of your heresies. There is still time.

Valleysports

PH, you've discredited your judgment with the CJ's statement.

AirWarren

Quote from: Valleysports on September 09, 2014, 09:52:29 am

Yes, yes he did.

Big Fan

Quote from: minerjack2212 on September 07, 2014, 08:24:12 pm
I will review it today and give you my ruling.  My initial call from about 75 yards away that day was TD.  The official 2 yards away said TD, but the little fat official on the other side of the field came waddling in and said interception....bless his heart. 

minerjack

Quote from: Big Fan on September 09, 2014, 09:59:40 am
Quote from: minerjack2212 on September 07, 2014, 08:24:12 pm
I will review it today and give you my ruling.  My initial call from about 75 yards away that day was TD.  The official 2 yards away said TD, but the little fat official on the other side of the field came waddling in and said interception....bless his heart.
Already talked with a few of the coaches to see what the deal was.  Said the officials made the wrong call.

Romeo

I watched the game online. That was definitely a touchdown. I was surprised Coach Jackson didn't choke the official.

Big Fan

Definitely a bad call.  Coach and his staff are taking the high road and saying they have to learn to put teams away (they had there chances to go up three scores) and make the judgment calls a non-issue. 

Jack1990

I've always heard...Don't put the game in the hands of the officials. 

This is a prime example of why not to!

phdefense

September 09, 2014, 09:25:32 pm #33 Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 09:28:00 pm by phdefense
They are different types of burger. I prefer Whatta-burgers type. However not to derail this thread further.

"There's nothin more feeble than a boll weevil"

minerjack

Quote from: Romeo on September 09, 2014, 02:08:10 pm
I watched the game online. That was definitely a touchdown. I was surprised Coach Jackson didn't choke the official.
Coach Manning told me that was the reason a penalty was assessed after the call.

AirWarren

Quote from: phdefense on September 09, 2014, 09:25:32 pm
They are different types of burger. I prefer Whatta-burgers type. However not to derail this thread further.

"There's nothin more feeble than a boll weevil"
Went from disrespecting the real burger joint with real hamburgers to disrespecting the weevil. Now you've done it.

The ATU Wonderboy living and breathing mascot

Valleysports

Careful AirWarren - I am a living breathing Wonderboy!

Lionheart88

What I don't get is why both of you have different mascots for your women.  Why can't Tech women be Wondergirls?  What does "Golden Sun" have to do with anything?  And UAM, what's up with "cotton blossom"?  Don't boll weevils eat cotton blossoms?  Kind of an unfortunate implication there.

Valleysports

Quote from: Lionheart88 on September 10, 2014, 03:51:44 pm
What I don't get is why both of you have different mascots for your women.  Why can't Tech women be Wondergirls?  What does "Golden Sun" have to do with anything?  And UAM, what's up with "cotton blossom"?  Don't boll weevils eat cotton blossoms?  Kind of an unfortunate implication there.

Wonderboy is a nickname tagged on us after we beat Alabama.  Girls didn't want to be called Wondergirls, so in 73' they voted the Golden Suns as their mascot. 

AirWarren

Quote from: Lionheart88 on September 10, 2014, 03:51:44 pm

Very unfortunate...but that is life haha.

AirWarren

Romeo

Another heartbreaking loss for UAM. They come up short tonight 52-49 to Southeastern Oklahoma.

minerjack

I heard about it late Saturday.  That's a shame.  I really hope Hud can turn things around.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas