• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Started by Paw-Paw, August 03, 2013, 02:54:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Paw-Paw

I do not know about you guys, but I am really looking forward to this movie! I really believe it'll be the best of the PHASE II movies with its plot points and following the events behind THE AVENGERS.

Doc Holiday

All these superhero movies. I can't keep up.

AirWarren

I think it will be a good movie.

To continue super hero talk, it's been thrown out there that Christian Bale has been offered 20 million$ just to appear in the new Batman Vs superman movie comin up in a couple of years. My questions to my fellow nerd herders.....

1. Would you prefer Christian Bale back as Batman or close the "trilogy" as is and start fresh?

2. Is the 20 million just a bait to show him, "Hey, we are willing to pay you big money here. That 20 minutes is just a taste."

3. With what I saw of Superman in Man of Steel, does the caped crusader have what it takes to remotely hang with the man of steel in a battle?

My answers are being Christian bale back. He is to batman as Robert Downey Jr is to Iron man. There can be no replacement at this point.

I think it's bait. They will pay Bale whatever he wants to come back.

And I think at this point superman whoops that butt in regards to batman.

Super hero movies are keeping Hollywood alive at this point.

Doc Holiday

First off, Batman vs. Superman? uh, Superman hands down.

Superman-Superhero
Spiderman-superhero
Captain America-superhero (barely)
Batman-Hero.....(rich guy with fancy high tech toys) frickin bat ninja
Ironman-Hero....(Rich, genious, quick wit guy)....yes, I am a diehard Robert Downey Jr. Fan.

But to make a movie of these two fighting? come on.

bdubyab60

Its already been done guys and guess what. Batman won. Im somewhat of a cartoon movie nerd. Believe the movie is called The Dark Knight Returns. Batman is retired in his 70's,Superman working for the Govt has killed off the Justice League or put them out of business in some way.
Gotham is crazy violent, run by a gang. Batman comes out of retirement, but now he doesnt take people to jail he puts em down. batman takes over gotham with whats left of the gang. the President sends Superman to take care of old Batman. Little does superman know that Batman has a super suit with some kryptonite. Supermans face looks pretty rough when Batman gets done with him.

So before you say Superman hands down just remember some of these writers are pretty creative.

Ridge Rat

Your new Batman is....Ben Affleck. Dunno about this. He's done a pretty good job lately as a director and isn't really a bad actor, but Batman?

whippersnapper

August 22, 2013, 09:48:15 pm #6 Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 09:52:26 pm by whippersnapper
I would rather they had kept "robin" from the last batman. Ben affleck didn't do so hot for daredevil.

AirWarren

Ben affleck? Really? Might as well add Matt Damon to be Superman and Mark Walhberg as Lex Luther. Geez.

AirWarren

Quote from: whippersnapper on August 22, 2013, 09:48:15 pm
I would rather they had kept "robin" from the last batman. Ben affleck didn't do so hot for daredevil.

I agree. Very disappointed. However, some "enthusiasts" want the trilogy to stay away from this and leave it as is.

Lions84

sevenof400

Well, it's pretty darn good.  No spoilers here but it is a must see movie. 
The one piece of advice I would offer is to see the movie on the regular screen (not 3D) - save a few dollars.

Better than the Thor movies.
Maybe just a notch below the Iron Man movies.

AirWarren

bdubyab60

I actually liked this one better than Iron Man 3. Solid movie way better than the first. CA more of a super soldier in this one.

AirWarren

minerjack

Quote from: bdubyab60 on April 07, 2014, 09:00:20 am
I actually liked this one better than Iron Man 3. Solid movie way better than the first. CA more of a super soldier in this one.
It better be better than Iron Man 3.  Iron Man 3 was horrible.  Sucked.  F-.  Worst superhero movie I've ever seen!  No exaggeration!

AirWarren

Next on the movie list:
Godzilla
Teenage mutant ninja turtles

minerjack

Heard on Buzzfeed or somewhere that the Japanese say that the Godzilla in the new movie is fat.  That he needs to go on a diet  ::) ;D ;D

AirWarren

minerjack

The iguana was better than the 1954 Jap voiceovers!  At least it was in English!  MERICA! 

bdubyab60

Quote from: minerjack2212 on May 05, 2014, 09:29:03 pm
It better be better than Iron Man 3.  Iron Man 3 was horrible.  Sucked.  F-.  Worst superhero movie I've ever seen!  No exaggeration!
watch Ghost Rider spirit of vengeance, spawn and even the new wolverine movie and you will appreciate IM3. Crap even 3rd spider man is worse than IM3. I mean how do you take one of spideys main villains and put him in for a total of 5 minutes. Seriously. I'll agree IM3 isn't great but is not the worst but they could have used iron patriot more and done something different with the mandarin

bdubyab60

Quote from: AirWarren on May 05, 2014, 09:35:16 pm
Next on the movie list:
Godzilla
Teenage mutant ninja turtles
supposedly Godzilla is twice the size of any Godzilla in any other movie. I don't care what they say. The trailers look cool and just got a sneak peek and rodan is in it as well. This fella will be catching the king if all monsters. Grew up with the movies and have always liked them, even the really cheesy ones.

minerjack

May 06, 2014, 10:15:04 pm #21 Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 10:16:36 pm by minerjack2212
Quote from: bdubyab60 on May 06, 2014, 09:12:18 pm
Quote from: minerjack2212 on May 05, 2014, 09:29:03 pm
watch Ghost Rider spirit of vengeance, spawn and even the new wolverine movie and you will appreciate IM3. Crap even 3rd spider man is worse than IM3. I mean how do you take one of spideys main villains and put him in for a total of 5 minutes. Seriously. I'll agree IM3 isn't great but is not the worst but they could have used iron patriot more and done something different with the mandarin
Like I said.  Worst superhero movie I've ever seen lol.  I only go to movies I think are going to be good.  Refused to go see Ghost Rider two.  Only saw the first one on FX.  Didn't see the new wolverine movie or SM3.  Since about 2006, the only movie i've gone to see that I thought was going to be good was Iron Man 3.  Every other one I've seen I judged based on what I thought.  And I've done pretty good.  AirWarren's sister likes to tease me by calling me Ebert and Roeper...   ::) ::) ::)

I've got to say.  When it comes to movies, I'm a pretty hard person to please.  Superhero movies I usually take it a little easier on.  But I hated IM3.  And I refused to see SM3 and Ghost Rider two.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas