• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Favorite TV Series

Started by whippersnapper, July 28, 2013, 11:00:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

The Snowman

Started watching game of thrones sunday and i'm hooked.  On the second season already.

Uncle Ivan

I keep putting off Walking Dead.  Someday I'll get the DVD's. 

True Believer

I like Breaking Bad.

Yes I do.

Ridge Rat

You gotta get the DVDs of Walking Dead. That thing is great!

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Ridge Rat on September 02, 2013, 08:19:04 pm
You gotta get the DVDs of Walking Dead. That thing is great!

I will, I will.

Been playing the mobile WD game and it is fantastic.

blue4hire

Big Bang Theory
Home Improvement
That 70's Show
NYPD Blue
The Wonder Years

DogsWin7

The Goldbergs I seen advertised looks like it might be good...but who knows.

True Believer

I'm hoping "The Crazy Ones" with Robin Williams will be worth watching.

cuckoobird

Ridge Rat

Who else is counting down to The Walking Dead? Mine and the wife's Sunday night thing.

Hoghead

Scandal !  Olivia Pope (Kerry Washington) is HOT !!!!!!!!

sevenof400

Quote from: Hoghead on October 10, 2013, 01:09:02 am

Hoghead,

Aren't you just a wee bit advanced in years to be scoping out the hot chicks? 

Moonshiner

I like Boardwalk Empire.  Keep waiting for season 3 to come out on video.  I think season 4 is about to start on HBO.
Another short lived mafia type of series that I just loved was called The Black Donnellys.  Been watching it for the third time on Netflix.  Was sick when they cancelled it.  Great show.
Love The Walking Dead and Seinfeld reruns never get old.

bdubyab60

Ray Donovan on Showtime. Just finished its first season. Ready for the walking dead to start up on the 13th and Im hooked on the big bang theory. Wish baseball would end so they can get it back on TBS.

sevenof400

Quote from: bdubyab60 on October 10, 2013, 10:44:31 am
Ray Donovan on Showtime. ..

I tried to like Ray Donovan because it had some really interesting plot lines in play at the beginning, but Ray's wife pretty much ruined that show for me.  I get that part of the premise of the show is Ray dealing with other problems to the exclusion of his own family's issues but the wife and kids act like they have common sense whatsoever. 

bdubyab60

I can understand the kids not knowing what dad does for a living. but you would figure mom had a clue. But Ray does not tell her anything when she asks. I still like it though its got kind of a soprano feel to it.

havent seen Game of thrones yet think I will pick of the first season of it. Everyone Ive talked to loves it

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: bdubyab60 on October 10, 2013, 01:50:02 pm
havent seen Game of thrones yet think I will pick of the first season of it. Everyone Ive talked to loves it

Make sure you have 10 hours blocked off.  Once you start, you won't want to stop.  And that goes for all 3 seasons.

Texarkana_Piggie

been watching the new show blacklist.  love it!  big bang theory is still a fave.

bleudog

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on August 23, 2013, 10:30:14 am
I forgot another one, since it's been a while since it's been on and only lasted part of a full season.  That being Firefly.

Science Channel is having a Firefly marathon today.

bdubyab60

They just put the first 4 or 5 sesaons of Dexter on netflix. Can you say insomnia.

Breitontime

At the moment, Arrow. Comes on the CW. First season is on Netflix.

Truth101

Lost
The Office
Breaking Bad
Seinfield
Freaks and Geeks
Chappelle's Show
Son's of Anarchy

Maynard G Krebs

Dobie Gillis, co starring yours truly

sevenof400

Lions84

This year Chicago Fire and Blue Bloods.

Jack1990

M*A*S*H ... Have every episode on DVD that has been released.  Absolutely love it!

Hoghead

Quote from: sevenof400 on October 10, 2013, 08:14:38 am
Quote from: Hoghead on October 10, 2013, 01:09:02 am

Hoghead,

Aren't you just a wee bit advanced in years to be scoping out the hot chicks?

Hecks No !!!!  My chick is 12 years my junior ! Im not letting any grass grow under my feet. Im going out with a BANG !

HorseFeathers

How I met your mother....
Big Bang Theory(never actually set down and watched the show just watched all the re-runs that TBS shows)
2 and a half men...Still watch it, but it's definitly on a downhill skid since Sheen left
Anger Management....Not as funny as 2 and a half men was, but it's still Charlie Sheen...and he still has his moments lol
Seinfeld...I'll never admit it to my wife but It kinda grew on me after a while

Sure if I had HBO I'd love Game of Thrones to....A song of Fire and Ice is definitely up there as one of my favorite book series....

Hoghead

Chief_Osceola™

I think Archer starts back up next week.  Definitely in my top 5.

Valleysports

I've been catching Gilligans Island lately - in the evening.

Ridge Rat

Not my favorite by any means, but the wife has American Horror Story :Coven recorded.  I like this season better than the others and it even had a bonus tonight. Stevie Nicks. Have mercy she used to be something. Of course I guess we all could say that once upon a time... or we like to think we could.

Breitontime

A chick got me into watching Revenge. Pretty solid show. First two seasons are on Netflix.

Valleysports

Quote from: Ridge Rat on January 09, 2014, 08:26:48 pm
Not my favorite by any means, but the wife has American Horror Story :Coven recorded.  I like this season better than the others and it even had a bonus tonight. Stevie Nicks. Have mercy she used to be something. Of course I guess we all could say that once upon a time... or we like to think we could.

I remember when MTV came out - Stevie Nicks was in one of the first ones. 

bdubyab60

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on October 10, 2013, 02:04:20 pm

Make sure you have 10 hours blocked off.  Once you start, you won't want to stop.  And that goes for all 3 seasons.
On season 3 now. I like it so far. Its kind of Lord of the Rings. Im a big Spartacus fan as well. Its similar to Thrones in how devious the characters are, but way more violence and gore.

Texarkana_Piggie

well, i finished my dvds of the last season of dexter last night.  not sure how i feel about that ending. 

Uncle Ivan

True Believer

^^^That's my favorite cartoon.  Well and The Far Side. 

cuz

Quote from: bdubyab60 on January 10, 2014, 03:56:57 pm
Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on October 10, 2013, 02:04:20 pm

On season 3 now. I like it so far. Its kind of Lord of the Rings. Im a big Spartacus fan as well. Its similar to Thrones in how devious the characters are, but way more violence and gore.
Game of thrones is definitely addicting. Like the Blacklist, Grimm and Sons of Anarchy also...........

Chief_Osceola™

^^ Grimm is a solid show. 

bdubyab60

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on January 10, 2014, 04:25:41 pm
well, i finished my dvds of the last season of dexter last night.  not sure how i feel about that ending.
They kind of left it wide open for a follow up series. I thought it could have ended better as well. Still one of the best series to ever be on TV.

BrianfromCarlisle

I absolutely love The Walking Dead!  Also like Law & Order:  SVU, Family Guy, Psych, Tosh.0, and CSI

Breitontime

Quote from: bdubyab60 on January 13, 2014, 11:34:35 am
They kind of left it wide open for a follow up series. I thought it could have ended better as well. Still one of the best series to ever be on TV.
Great series, one of my favorite. Right up until the last 20 minutes of the final episode. What a terrible way to end the series.

Valleysports

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Breitontime on January 13, 2014, 03:08:26 pm
Great series, one of my favorite. Right up until the last 20 minutes of the final episode. What a terrible way to end the series.

Why, Dexter surviving his boat being destroyed in the middle of a hurricane and ending up across the country as a lumberjack was the greatest ending I've ever seen.

bdubyab60

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on January 13, 2014, 07:53:30 pm

Why, Dexter surviving his boat being destroyed in the middle of a hurricane and ending up across the country as a lumberjack was the greatest ending I've ever seen.
If you go back to season 6 I believe. When Dexter kills the tooth ferry killer. I think it's meant to be a pun as the tooth ferry had moved to Oregon. Dexter says in a later episode, jokingly, he guessed all serial killers retire to Oregon. I think that's where that came from.

Breitontime

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on January 13, 2014, 07:53:30 pm

He says he has to save the ones he loves. So, he abandons his son, and leaves him with another serial killer. Great logic there.

cuz

The Blacklist, Almost Human, both pretty good..........

bdubyab60

New show comong on HBO. True Detectives. Good stuff.

Kazimierz

We just received access to HBO Go. So Band of Brothers, Pacific, Generation Kill, Game of Thrones, Deadwood, Sopranos, Boardwalk Empire, the Wire, etc. are all at my fingertips. This. Is. Awesome.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas