• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Favorite TV Series

Started by whippersnapper, July 28, 2013, 11:00:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

BrianfromCarlisle

Bdub, True Detectives is really good

Valleysports

intruder

HorseFeathers

So.....my wife bought the first season of Game of Thrones two days ago(mainly because she knows I've read the books), and now she's hooked...and even though she doesn't read that much wants to read the books...

Romeo

sevenof400

February 24, 2014, 07:45:53 am #105 Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 08:54:15 am by sevenof400
Quote from: Romeo on February 24, 2014, 07:44:03 am
House of Cards.

I have to admit season one kept my interest, but season two is slowly losing it. 
Like too many other shows, House of Cards is attempting to create far too many story lines and deal with them only superficially for my taste.

Any focus on Robin Wright's character (Mrs. Underwood) has been a complete waste (as have any story lines spun from those characters).  The President's cabinet would have been a much more natural focus on which to start a myriad of storylines from.

DogsWin7

Last Night....It was NASCAR!  :) 

bdubyab60

Quote from: HF on February 23, 2014, 08:03:41 pm
So.....my wife bought the first season of Game of Thrones two days ago(mainly because she knows I've read the books), and now she's hooked...and even though she doesn't read that much wants to read the books...
I just got done with season 3. Bring on season 4. Im waiting on Joffrey to get his, probably the only character I wouldnt mind dying.

bdubyab60

Quote from: BrianfromCarlisle on January 21, 2014, 07:29:57 pm
Bdub, True Detectives is really good
So there are 2 episodes left with harrelson and Mcconoughey. Then the next season is supposed to be another set of detectives.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bdubyab60 on February 24, 2014, 04:10:44 pm
I just got done with season 3. Bring on season 4. Im waiting on Joffrey to get his, probably the only character I wouldnt mind dying.

Have you not read the books? I've read them all...and the way my wife acts when her favorite characters died, I just basically warned her and said don't get attached to most of the "good" guys cause the author had a sick sense of humor and kills off just about everybody lol....especially the Starks(I was hacked off when they got killed off in the books)...

bdubyab60

Quote from: HF on February 24, 2014, 06:20:26 pm

Have you not read the books? I've read them all...and the way my wife acts when her favorite characters died, I just basically warned her and said don't get attached to most of the "good" guys cause the author had a sick sense of humor and kills off just about everybody lol....especially the Starks(I was hacked off when they got killed off in the books)...
Yeah dont get attached to anyone, they may be gone the next scene thats for sure. Havent read the books yet. At the end of season 3 there are still plenty of starks to go around, mainly the kids. But one thing game of thrones is not scared to do is kill off anyone.
I was more ticked off a Arya watching Robs wolf get put down than Rob and mom gettng axed. lol

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: bdubyab60 on February 25, 2014, 04:08:49 pm

Yeah dont get attached to anyone, they may be gone the next scene thats for sure. Havent read the books yet. At the end of season 3 there are still plenty of starks to go around, mainly the kids. But one thing game of thrones is not scared to do is kill off anyone.
I was more ticked off a Arya watching Robs wolf get put down than Rob and mom gettng axed. lol

SPOILERS AHEAD.....

Not all Starks who get killed stay dead.

bdubyab60

I didnt think so Chief. I have already seen a guy get cut in half and brought to life with just a few words. If theres dragons and magic, plus white walkers you can gaurantee someone can be brought back.

One character i woul dhave like to see again is the guy that gave Arya stark the coin and told her she could name 3 names and they would be done for. Cant remember the characters name but would like ot see him run in to a couple of other characters throughout the series.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bdubyab60 on February 25, 2014, 04:58:43 pm
I didnt think so Chief. I have already seen a guy get cut in half and brought to life with just a few words. If theres dragons and magic, plus white walkers you can gaurantee someone can be brought back.

One character i woul dhave like to see again is the guy that gave Arya stark the coin and told her she could name 3 names and they would be done for. Cant remember the characters name but would like ot see him run in to a couple of other characters throughout the series.

Jagen H'gar is/was his name in the books.....

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on February 25, 2014, 04:24:31 pm
Quote from: bdubyab60 on February 25, 2014, 04:08:49 pm

SPOILERS AHEAD.....

Not all Starks who get killed stay dead.

If they stick to the books anyway....Not a major part in the book yet, not that I recall anyway...

Valleysports

It's on the Discovery Channel right now - 1600

Hoghead

The Rifleman !!!! Lucas McCain always shoots enough people to keep me happy !!

HorseFeathers

M.a.s.h.. .my parents still watch a lot those shows on local channel 49. .

Jack1990

Growing up ... M*A*S*H, Hogan's Heroes, Andy Griffith Show
Now ... Sons of Anarchy, Justified, Blacklist

wildcat_x-mgr

Currently: Once Upon a Time, and Rick and Morty.

All time favorites: Boy Meets World, Step-By-Step, Family Matters, Full House (pretty much the old TGIF), Lois and Clark, Andy Griffith, ALF, Saved By the Bell... And don't even get me started on old cartoons! Speaking of which...

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on January 11, 2014, 03:55:03 am

Who else is surprised that this wasn't a TV cartoon series? Peanuts, Dennis the Menace, and even freaking Dilbert have all seen TV, but Calvin and Hobbes haven't? I do know the creator is very, VERY protective of them, but come on.

Texarkana_Piggie

Vikings. Reign. The following. All good shows I do not miss.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: wildcat_x-mgr on May 06, 2014, 06:05:07 pm
I do know the creator is very, VERY protective of them, but come on.

That's all on Bill Watterson.  "Protective" doesn't begin to describe it.

Kazimierz

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on May 06, 2014, 07:40:11 pm

@TP, have you seen the Tudors? I hear that Reign is a tv version of the Showtime series. You might like it, plus it's all on netflix instant streaming right now.

Personally, the wife and I have been watching tony bourdains cnn show lately, parts unknown.  Cnn has definitely given him a better camera crew, better equipment, more security, and passage to some areas he couldn't go in his previous series, no reservations. 

Personally I liked the early no reservations seasons the best, he was a little rough around the edges then.... Made for better tv.

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: Kazimierz on May 11, 2014, 07:45:29 am
Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on May 06, 2014, 07:40:11 pm

@TP, have you seen the Tudors? I hear that Reign is a tv version of the Showtime series. You might like it, plus it's all on netflix instant streaming right now.

Personally, the wife and I have been watching tony bourdains cnn show lately, parts unknown.  Cnn has definitely given him a better camera crew, better equipment, more security, and passage to some areas he couldn't go in his previous series, no reservations. 

Personally I liked the early no reservations seasons the best, he was a little rough around the edges then.... Made for better tv.

Yes!  I have seen the first two seasons.  I have got to catch up on the last two season. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas