• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Now you see me

Started by sevenof400, July 03, 2013, 12:11:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sevenof400

While NYSM won't likely be mentioned in any awards this year, it was nice diversion from this summer of remakes, reboots, and alien invasion(s).  To be fair, some will consider NYSM a remake of Ocean's Eleven and I'll leave that to you decide on your own.  FWIW: I did not think of Ocean's Eleven while watching NYSM.   

There are certainly some issues with this film - namely the wasting of Michael Caine and (to a smaller extent) Morgan Freeman in their respective roles, but this movie was okay.  If you are in the mood to watch a movie but don't really have a specific flick in mind, NYSM is a decent two hours spent. 

Texarkana_Piggie

I loved it!  Not a deep, serious movie.  Good summer fluff but unexpected ending.  And a clean movie. I don't remember there being any gratuitous sex, nudity or really bad language.  Fun movie.

Breitontime

I liked this one a lot.

sevenof400

Something else I believe increased my enjoyment of this movie was this was the first film where Mark Ruffalo played more than just a supporting role.  We've certainly seen Ruffalo in many different (smaller) parts over the years but getting the chance to stretch himself a bit more made this film enjoyable.  IMDB notes Ruffalo has committed to several projects in the coming months (including, of course, Avengers 2) so it appears we will have many more opportunities to watch Ruffalo's work. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas