• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mud

Started by True Believer, May 03, 2013, 10:29:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

True Believer

Little Rock, Arkansas native Jeff Nichols directs this film about 2 boys messing around on the Mississippi River and what they discover on an island.  Matthew McConaughey, Reese Witherspoon, Sam Shepherd are in it.  Tye Sheridan and Jacob Lofton play the boys and in my opinion are the true stars.

I try not to tell too much about movies on here because I don't want to have a spoiler alert.

I absolutely loved this movie.  Filmed in Arkansas it made me want to get in a flatbottom and head out to parts unknown! 

AirWarren

I am wanting to see this.

True Believer

It's a great story!

phdefense

They were head quartered in Stuttgart when this movie was being shot.

cuckoobird

I can't wait to see it because most of it was filmed in areas I frequent most of the time and a lot of people I know are supposed to be in it.

Busman

Not sure if it had been made in another state I would have enjoyed it as much. Made it interesting to see shots of things I recognized. one faux pas I saw - the kids were supposedly from DeWitt,but they had a Stuttgart Jr. High football schedule on the bulletin board.

cuckoobird

Quote from: Busman on June 12, 2013, 11:16:13 am
Not sure if it had been made in another state I would have enjoyed it as much. Made it interesting to see shots of things I recognized. one faux pas I saw - the kids were supposedly from DeWitt,but they had a Stuttgart Jr. High football schedule on the bulletin board.
That scene must have been filmed in the old elementary school just down from where I work. It was their HQ during their time here.

TSW

Quote from: Busman on June 12, 2013, 11:16:13 am

I haven't seen the movie yet , but did give them 4-5 items out of the ricebird booster club for the kids bedroom

cuckoobird

Saw it last night and while it was kinda cool to recognize things I see every day I thought it was a little slow and didn't end well. I would buy it just for the purpose of being able to stop and see more things I missed the first time.

Baitshop

Hated it....thought that it was slow and predictable until the end when the obviously dead guy floating in the water face down ends up driving the boat....also thought that Reece Witherspoon was a poor selection to play trailer trash hoochie mama

I thought that it was a melding of "Stand by me", "Roadhouse", and "Porky's".....and didn't work

As always....JOMHO

cuckoobird

Quote from: Baitshop on June 23, 2013, 10:15:48 am
Hated it....thought that it was slow and predictable until the end when the obviously dead guy floating in the water face down ends up driving the boat....also thought that Reece Witherspoon was a poor selection to play trailer trash hoochie mama

I thought that it was a melding of "Stand by me", "Roadhouse", and "Porky's".....and didn't work

As always....JOMHO
Yeah Reece doesn't go well as that character after seeing her in so many movies where she is a socialite. I guess I have typecast her for those roles.

True Believer

It's coming out soon or has come out.

I'm getting it! 

bdubyab60

I bought it the other day. thought it was a pretty good movie.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas