• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Evil Dead Remake... Groovey!

Started by sixthman, March 10, 2013, 11:11:03 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sixthman

A remake of the Evil Dead, the first enstalment of a cult classic trilogy, is coming out soon. I love the origanal which are dumb fun B movies with bad special effects.

The question is, even though it seems the FX will be much better and the trailer makes it look more intense, will it be better than the origanal?

Busted

The original (1981) is rated NC-17. It was even turned into an off-Broadway musical in 2003 in Toronto, and spreading to Calgary, Montreal, New York City, and Las Vegas.
The possessed weeds rape scene was banned in many countries, and writer/director Sam Raimi regrets shooting it.
Evil Dead II (1987) is rated X. And Army Of Darkness (1992) was rated R.
This 2013 version was originally going to get an NC-17 rating, but some scenes were cut to get an R. They didn't want the NC-17 rating, as a younger audience will be able to view it if it is R.
R rating- under 17 not admitted without parent or guardian.
NC-17 rating- under 17 not admitted period.
Director Fede Alvarez stated that the film will heavily rely on practical effects rather than CG effects. He also pitched the film as the audience watching something they are not supposed to watch. It was premiered at the SXSW Film Festival in Austin, TX back on March 8th. Alverez announced then that a sequel is in the works.
If you take the first letters of the main characters David, Eric, Mia, Olivia and Natalie, the letters spell out DEMON.
As a big fan of the Evil Dead Trilogy, I can't wait to see it! It may not have the same appeal without Raimi and Campbell, but still looks very good.

Uncle Ivan

Groovy.  Appears to be straight horror like the original but missing the camp, and the increasing silliness of the second and AoD.

sixthman

The increasing silliness of each movie is what made this trilogy so edearing to me. I love a horror flick that doesn't take itself too seriously.

Uncle Ivan

Coming soon...Army of Darkness 2?

Uncle Ivan

Ash does make a cameo.

I think I'm going to geek out.

sixthman

That's the down side for me. I can't imagine someone else in the Bruce Campbell role. He makes that trilogy for me. What was that cheesy T.V. show he was in? Was it Zena or Hercules?
Whatever. He has the ability to make the cheesy truly entertaining.

Uncle Ivan

April 14, 2013, 03:24:07 am #7 Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 03:25:49 am by Uncle Ivan
Quote from: sixthman on April 13, 2013, 10:34:36 pm
What was that cheesy T.V. show he was in? Was it Zena or Hercules?

Both of them, actually.

Busted

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Busted on April 14, 2013, 09:27:58 am
I love him in Burn Notice!

If I died tomorrow, I would want Bruce to do my eulogy.

Uncle Ivan

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas