• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

OBU Signing Day

Started by Lionheart88, February 06, 2013, 05:23:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lionheart88

http://www.obutigers.com/news/2013/2/6/FB_0206134238.aspx

Anybody know any of these guys?  I can tell you I was a little surprised to see White Hall's Joseph Stewart listed as a WR.  Not that he's not good at it, he was our best this year, but he's a phenomenal safety, best defensive player on the team by a long way I thought.

Big Fan

Avery has the potential to be an outstanding o-lineman at the D2 level if someone can give him a nasty streak on the field.....he's a really nice young man.  Great size and moves very well for a big man.  I wish him well at OBU, but would have liked to have seen him in Kelly Green at UAM.

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

I had the pleasure of coaching wide receiver Kendall Bruce at PA.  He was committed to OBU last year, but walked on at ASU instead with the hope of earning a scholarship for this year.  Once Gus left, that was likely not going to happen, so he is now at Ouachita.  Unbelievably hard worker.  Not a speedster, but very explosive off the ball, and the best blocking receiver I've ever coached (Hunter Henry excluded).  Very strong.  I believe he was benching over 300 and squatting around 400 as a senior in high school.  I'm sure he is stronger than that after a year in a D1 program.

Here are his highlights from his senior year.  If nothing else, watch the first play...

Very happy for OBU.  I believe he is already enrolled and should contribute immediately.  I know Kendall is probably disappointed that ASU didn't work out, but I hope he loves being a Tiger for the next 4 years.

Also noticed Austin Warford from Malvern.  Not sure if he will be a QB for OBU, but he is good athlete and a hard-nosed leader.  I'm sure he'll contribute somewhere on and off the field regardless of where he plays.

bleudog

Will Houston OBU signing article:  CLICK HERE

I see from the link in the first post Devin Ball is listed in the class.  Anybody have any more info?

Lions84

OBU getting some solid talent for their program.

Wahls

February 19, 2013, 03:26:42 am #5 Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 03:28:15 am by Wahls
Quote from: Lionheart88 on February 06, 2013, 05:23:31 pm
Anybody know any of these guys?

Yeah, LaVonte Thomas is a freak and I'm really irritated that he went to OBU over HSU. I do not want to watch him play against the Reddies for four years.

I am really surprised one of those kids on that list got an offer though... No, astounded. HSU has a kid walking on at his position that's a wholllllle lot better.

KOJACK

Brandon Marks from Prescott will be a handful for db's and coverage teams. He was Prescott's running back last year and was awesome, but truthfully he is a better receiver. He was a good pick up for the Tigers imo.

Lions84

OBU working to get better each year.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas