• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

ATU Lawsuit

Started by mack, January 31, 2013, 09:02:51 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mack

This should get interesting.  The former women's softball coach, has filed a discrimination suit/ wrongful termination  against the University.  The Demizette reported that Ms. Pambianchi affirmed that she was a lesbian and that the administration and players were all aware of it.  She also alleges that male coaches were held to a different standard. 

This could get really nasty.  I'm betting on a settlement.  Valley?

Breitontime

Softball, lesbian, they kind of go together.

It'll be settled outside of court.

mack

Quote from: Breitontime on January 31, 2013, 09:25:41 am
Softball, lesbian, they kind of go together.

It'll be settled outside of court.

Tch, tch.  I did not expect such a hasty generalization from you.  My daughter played, Valley's daughter played, several of my friends daughters played.  None of them are gay.

Lions84

Sounds like she got a case.

Breitontime

It's nothing personal. I know a lot of them aren't. I'm good friends with two from LSU, and one from U of Arizona, along with a good bit of the team from M-State when I was there (several were at State), that aren't. But, even they will tell you, a big percentage of them are at that level, whether they make it known, or not. Same with girls basketball at that level.

I suppose, what I was getting at is that it isn't out of the ordinary, probably had nothing to do with her firing, but will be settled just to keep it quiet. She has a lawyer that knows that.

Valleysports

Yeah been waiting on it.  Everyone has been well aware of her business (from the lesbian to the silicone) for many seasons.  I'm not going to say exactly why she was fired, however the team was in total dissaray, as you know more than anyone, and we needed a grown up with leadership capabilities.  We'd had sex scandals, assistant after assistant fired over the years, kids partying hard on booze and drugs, under her.  Drama, drama, drama.  Anyway - there is a little more too it, but I don't know what she's got.

With her out of the way, TECH can surge forward just like every other girls sport.  Girl Athletes love  TECH.  Mack they've been working on that softball facility, since last season.  TECH is just going crazy with improvements and expansion.  Please dial Maddie back 4 yrs..   

mack

January 31, 2013, 01:06:41 pm #6 Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 01:09:55 pm by mack
Quote from: Valleysports on January 31, 2013, 12:20:27 pm
Yeah been waiting on it.  Everyone has been well aware of her business (from the lesbian to the silicone) for many seasons.  I'm not going to say exactly why she was fired, however the team was in total dissaray, as you know more than anyone, and we needed a grown up with leadership capabilities.  We'd had sex scandals, assistant after assistant fired over the years, kids partying hard on booze and drugs, under her.  Drama, drama, drama.  Anyway - there is a little more too it, but I don't know what she's got.

With her out of the way, TECH can surge forward just like every other girls sport.  Girl Athletes love  TECH.  Mack they've been working on that softball facility, since last season.  TECH is just going crazy with improvements and expansion.  Please dial Maddie back 4 yrs..   

Ha,,,,  maybe in 4 years she'd get her bat where her defense was.

sevenof400

Quote from: Valleysports on January 31, 2013, 12:20:27 pm
...With her out of the way, TECH can surge forward just like every other girls sport.  Girl Athletes love  TECH.  Mack they've been working on that softball facility, since last season.  TECH is just going crazy with improvements and expansion. 

Interesting that you say this because of the sports Tech doesn't have for women (or men) include soccer and track.  I thought the move to the GAC would force Tech to add these sports on the women's side at least (and hopefully the mens..)

If they are expanding, are they adding sports?

Valleysports

Oh now lets don't get silly, there's no need for a foreign sport.  Tech dropped track because of title IX.  By expanding, I meant campus facilities, sea food restaurants, all sports facilities.  Some of that post was addressed to mack because he knows, even though we've been building dorms constantly, we've lagged keeping up with the explosion to 10,000 students.  His daughter had to stay in one of the hotels Tech leases, I think.  Mack in the baseball thread there is a new 300+ student dorm north of left field now. 

Lionheart88

February 01, 2013, 09:06:03 am #9 Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 09:07:59 am by Lionheart88
Quote from: Valleysports on January 31, 2013, 08:24:25 pm
Oh now lets don't get silly, there's no need for a foreign sport.  Tech dropped track because of title IX.  By expanding, I meant campus facilities, sea food restaurants, all sports facilities.  Some of that post was addressed to mack because he knows, even though we've been building dorms constantly, we've lagged keeping up with the explosion to 10,000 students.  His daughter had to stay in one of the hotels Tech leases, I think.  Mack in the baseball thread there is a new 300+ student dorm north of left field now.
::)

Fourth most popular sport for girls, fifth for boys in this country at the high school level, according to the latest NFHS numbers.

Valleysports

February 01, 2013, 10:12:56 am #10 Last Edit: February 01, 2013, 10:32:25 am by Valleysports
 ;D  Lineheart, we're Soccer Parents, Boosters, and State Champs.  Just messing with Seven.  I'll talk with my people and see if Soccer is on the horizon.  TECH has another 300 acres to make soccer fields on.  What's the popularity of it in college (DII)?

Lionheart88

Ah, again I wish the internet had a sarcasm font.  lol

GAC teams currently playing women's: OBU, Harding, SWOSU, NWOSU, Southern Nazarene, & East Central Oklahoma.  GAC doesn't have a men's league, but OBU and Harding both play.  All D1 schools in the state have Women's, but only UCA has men's, to my knowledge.  I'm not sure about overall popularity nationwide, but I know Arkansas lags behind some parts of the country, soccer's especially big in Texas, the West Coast, and parts of the East Coast(especially Jersey and the Carolinas).

mack

Quote from: Lionheart88 on February 01, 2013, 11:17:51 am
Ah, again I wish the internet had a sarcasm font.  lol

GAC teams currently playing women's: OBU, Harding, SWOSU, NWOSU, Southern Nazarene, & East Central Oklahoma.  GAC doesn't have a men's league, but OBU and Harding both play.  All D1 schools in the state have Women's, but only UCA has men's, to my knowledge.  I'm not sure about overall popularity nationwide, but I know Arkansas lags behind some parts of the country, soccer's especially big in Texas, the West Coast, and parts of the East Coast(especially Jersey and the Carolinas).

AAAaaaarrrghhhh,,,, soccer.  I remember when DD played it in Jr. High.  I wore dark sunglasses, kicked back in my chair and napped on the sidelines.  Whenever a cheer woke me up I'd yell, Go Cats,,, and go back to my nap.

birdman1981

This case will never see the inside of a courtroom.  Knowing what I know, it should be settled out of court. Be best for everyone involved.

birdman1981

Is soccer even considered a sport ? 

Valleysports

How's the Best Catcher in Arkansas doing?  :'(

3sportkid

sevenof400

February 03, 2013, 09:44:28 am #17 Last Edit: February 03, 2013, 09:48:23 am by sevenof400
Lionheart88,

That's our Valleysports for ya'...always messing! 

For those interested (maybe one day Birdman1981), you can see the NCAA's list of schools offering the sport of your choice by clicking here.

NAIA Lists can be found here for women's soccer and here for men's soccer.

You can also click on sports from The NAIA home page.

birdman1981

Quote from: Valleysports on February 01, 2013, 04:06:53 pm
How's the Best Catcher in Arkansas doing?  :'(

Torn rotator..........probably through with softball.  :'(

birdman1981

Quote from: sevenof400 on February 03, 2013, 09:44:28 am
Lionheart88,

That's our Valleysports for ya'...always messing! 

For those interested (maybe one day Birdman1981), you can see the NCAA's list of schools offering the sport of your choice by clicking here.

NAIA Lists can be found here for women's soccer and here for men's soccer.

You can also click on sports from The NAIA home page.

My bad, really just kidding.....wake me up when it's over !  ;D

birdman1981

Quote from: 3sportkid on February 03, 2013, 09:29:59 am
Copy of the lawsuit
http://matchbin-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/public/sites/2218/assets/J1V8_pambianchi_v_atu.pdf

Granted, she has a gripe.  Interesting that everything we, who were close to the program, knew was going on, was really happening (according to her lawsuit).  Trout is/was a cancer that had to be removed.  Hopefully, he is no longer associated with ANY women's athletic programs.

Any links to his lawsuit against Coach G. or the University ?

So glad my daughter is out of that zoo called ATU !

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Valleysports on January 31, 2013, 08:24:25 pm

Sea Food Restaurant? Since When??    And by campus facilities I'm guessing you mean the business department(Rothwell), McEver expansion and the Corley Expansion...Outside of the library the rest of the education part is still a dump lol

Valleysports

HF are you kidding? Holy cow, half the buildings are new.  You must be a youngster.  How many new dorms have they built?  I'm talking about the 300 student dorm, across the street parking lot from right field at the remodeled baseball stadium.  Down the street from the new dorm at the newly turfed football field, press box, that you can view from an awesome football field house facility, down the street from the new Summit Dorm, by the remodeled Dean, near the Brand New Student Center with the Sea Food Restaurant, yes the huge business sky scraper, remodeled Tucker, best freaking dorm apartments I've ever seen - Commons, Library, ones you said.........  Have you seen the phases of planned construction?  There will not be a building on that campus that's not remodeled or torn down for new buildings by the time they catch up.  I'm sorry your department is not first priority, but this shock me.  And you complain about the cost going up?  Man, we have grown faster than any college in the entire south region of the US.  Nearly 1,000 student per year, for 1/2 dozen years.  Mack, two intersections at the softball field Hwy 7 now.  Tech entrance and Firehouse. We need to take a walk around campus and let me tell you about the where we are and where we've come from.  Then we'll go down to UCA, with my son, or any other campus, and I'll show you some comparisons.  TECH a drop dead gorgeous campus.  And l love the new black iron fence and all the trees.  We've got wonderful problems!  Birdmans prospective is coming from a disaster in the female department.  One of the reasons I don't like female sports anymore, dramamammama.  Yours on the other hand is traitorous.

3sportkid

Quote from: birdman1981 on February 04, 2013, 10:31:03 am
Copy of the lawsuit
http://matchbin-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/public/sites/2218/assets/J1V8_pambianchi_v_atu.pdf

Granted, she has a gripe.  Interesting that everything we, who were close to the program, knew was going on, was really happening (according to her lawsuit).  Trout is/was a cancer that had to be removed.  Hopefully, he is no longer associated with ANY women's athletic programs.

I understand he is still coaching fastpitch down in TX...that is truly depressing.  He may have been let go from his old program, a highly respected program in TX, but has started fresh with another Gold program.  I pity the parents, knowing what the lawsuit accuses him of doing.

Valleysports

When we go to Burns Park and the boys play on the lower field, girls play on the upper field.  I sit between the fields on that slope part.  Girls Soccer is worse than girls basketball.  My daughter would be on the field and I'd be watching the boys game.  It's OK though, she wasn't watching the girls game either.

birdman1981

Quote from: Valleysports on February 04, 2013, 10:47:47 pm
HF are you kidding? Holy cow, half the buildings are new.  You must be a youngster.  How many new dorms have they built?  I'm talking about the 300 student dorm, across the street parking lot from right field at the remodeled baseball stadium.  Down the street from the new dorm at the newly turfed football field, press box, that you can view from an awesome football field house facility, down the street from the new Summit Dorm, by the remodeled Dean, near the Brand New Student Center with the Sea Food Restaurant, yes the huge business sky scraper, remodeled Tucker, best freaking dorm apartments I've ever seen - Commons, Library, ones you said.........  Have you seen the phases of planned construction?  There will not be a building on that campus that's not remodeled or torn down for new buildings by the time they catch up.  I'm sorry your department is not first priority, but this shock me.  And you complain about the cost going up?  Man, we have grown faster than any college in the entire south region of the US.  Nearly 1,000 student per year, for 1/2 dozen years.  Mack, two intersections at the softball field Hwy 7 now.  Tech entrance and Firehouse. We need to take a walk around campus and let me tell you about the where we are and where we've come from.  Then we'll go down to UCA, with my son, or any other campus, and I'll show you some comparisons.  TECH a drop dead gorgeous campus.  And l love the new black iron fence and all the trees.  We've got wonderful problems!  Birdmans prospective is coming from a disaster in the female department. One of the reasons I don't like female sports anymore, dramamammama.  Yours on the other hand is traitorous.

I have no gripes about ATU and it's educational opportunities.  My problem is/was with the softball program and those 'above' supposedly overseeing those activities.

birdman1981

Quote from: 3sportkid on February 04, 2013, 11:14:29 pm
Quote from: birdman1981 on February 04, 2013, 10:31:03 am
Copy of the lawsuit

I understand he is still coaching fastpitch down in TX...that is truly depressing.  He may have been let go from his old program, a highly respected program in TX, but has started fresh with another Gold program.  I pity the parents, knowing what the lawsuit accuses him of doing.

Extremely sad.  It only takes one to ruin a girls reputation and career. 

HorseFeathers

February 07, 2013, 12:33:46 pm #27 Last Edit: February 07, 2013, 12:35:22 pm by HF
Quote from: Valleysports on February 04, 2013, 10:47:47 pm
HF are you kidding? Holy cow, half the buildings are new.  You must be a youngster.  How many new dorms have they built?  I'm talking about the 300 student dorm, across the street parking lot from right field at the remodeled baseball stadium.  Down the street from the new dorm at the newly turfed football field, press box, that you can view from an awesome football field house facility, down the street from the new Summit Dorm, by the remodeled Dean, near the Brand New Student Center with the Sea Food Restaurant, yes the huge business sky scraper, remodeled Tucker, best freaking dorm apartments I've ever seen - Commons, Library, ones you said.........  Have you seen the phases of planned construction?  There will not be a building on that campus that's not remodeled or torn down for new buildings by the time they catch up.  I'm sorry your department is not first priority, but this shock me.  And you complain about the cost going up?  Man, we have grown faster than any college in the entire south region of the US.  Nearly 1,000 student per year, for 1/2 dozen years.  Mack, two intersections at the softball field Hwy 7 now.  Tech entrance and Firehouse. We need to take a walk around campus and let me tell you about the where we are and where we've come from.  Then we'll go down to UCA, with my son, or any other campus, and I'll show you some comparisons.  TECH a drop dead gorgeous campus.  And l love the new black iron fence and all the trees.  We've got wonderful problems!  Birdmans prospective is coming from a disaster in the female department.  One of the reasons I don't like female sports anymore, dramamammama.  Yours on the other hand is traitorous.

Yeah I'm a youngster(well compared to ya'll, I'm 24)..Gotta remember I've spent most of my time in Rothwell(the new "skyscraper" .New Summitt? That's been here better part of ten years...was called Nutt when I started here(Yes I've been here 6 years...completely quit one of those years so i don't guess it counts)...Anyway, I will admit that all the new buildings are nice, and the Libarary(Not sure how old it is) is pretty nice to. And with all the dorms ya think they would have enough room for all of us :D lol...I've got a friend that has lived off campus on the schools dime for last two years. I'm sure this place is going to get better, it has in my time here I'll admit that. Was glad the business department got the few classes they had out of seemingly non-air conditioned Dean.

and I wasn't aware of the sea food place in BasTech, usually just grab a bag of chips and a coke or a cold cut sandwich over there...And I've heard the history of Tech from the professors who are proud of it, and already trying to talk us into donating back when we make our riches :D lol

Also, had a class last semester with a guy who'd been enrolled here off and on since 1986, that told us if we thought it was bad now, we should have seen it when he enrolled here lol..

And Valley, I'm a business Major, you tell me which department got the new building completed first :D....I think I had just paid my $2100 tuition that day, out of my pocket...so I might have been a bit depressed over dropping that much cash that day lol.

Also, have to ask, cause I honestly don't know this...But what is the graduation rate since we've started exploding in enrollment? I mean, I know several that got into tech, got their pel-grant+Full Loans and quit school, and haven't paid a dime back...

Valleysports

The graduation rate is incredible - don't remember off hand though.  Some of the buildings that seem old, to you, were built or remodelled a few years back, maybe 10-15 yrs, but I thought Dean was good enough 30 yrs ago.  It's been remodelled since I ran around in there. Spoiled Kids these days. Guess I'm going to have to take you over to the sea food restaraunt, in the student center.  Maybe you think it's a chicken place because of the name, but it's not - trust me.  My kids love that place!  300 hundred more students getting to leave local hotels and come on campus this year. TECH will be chasing ASU down, student body shortly, got to get dorms built.  My kids have lived in the Football Field Dorm, Nutt, Commons (they were like the first students in all of them) - I lived four years in Brown. Not many colleges build 6000 rooms for new students in 7 yrs, takes time.  Think about it. There are plenty of rooms at UCA, don't know why my son wants to go down there.  Well I have a good idea. 

birdman1981

Quote from: Valleysports on February 07, 2013, 04:20:16 pm
The graduation rate is incredible - don't remember off hand though.  Some of the buildings that seem old, to you, were built or remodelled a few years back, maybe 10-15 yrs, but I thought Dean was good enough 30 yrs ago.  It's been remodelled since I ran around in there. Spoiled Kids these days. Guess I'm going to have to take you over to the sea food restaraunt, in the student center.  Maybe you think it's a chicken place because of the name, but it's not - trust me.  My kids love that place!  300 hundred more students getting to leave local hotels and come on campus this year. TECH will be chasing ASU down, student body shortly, got to get dorms built.  My kids have lived in the Football Field Dorm, Nutt, Commons (they were like the first students in all of them) - I lived four years in Brown. Not many colleges build 6000 rooms for new students in 7 yrs, takes time.  Think about it. There are plenty of rooms at UCA, don't know why my son wants to go down there.  Well I have a good idea.

C'mon man !  ;D

Valleysports

Birdman did you come up with those colors, for that football field?

Busman

Anyone see the University Texas lawsuit in a similar vein? They fired a female coach for having an affair with a player, but only reprimanded Major Applewhite for having an affair with a female student.

Valleysports

Lionheart88

Quote from: Busman on February 09, 2013, 05:20:14 pm
Anyone see the University Texas lawsuit in a similar vein? They fired a female coach for having an affair with a player, but only reprimanded Major Applewhite for having an affair with a female student.
I think it's a bit different when it's one of the tens of thousands of students on campus, rather than one of a score or so the coach had direct authority over.  But I don't know their university policy well enough to say if its different enough to matter or not.

bleudog

Quote from: Lionheart88 on February 09, 2013, 07:03:10 pm
Quote from: Busman on February 09, 2013, 05:20:14 pm
I think it's a bit different when it's one of the tens of thousands of students on campus, rather than one of a score or so the coach had direct authority over.  But I don't know their university policy well enough to say if its different enough to matter or not.

For anyone who read UAF's policy during the BP fiasco, there are clear differences.

birdman1981

Quote from: Valleysports on February 08, 2013, 04:32:08 pm
Birdman did you come up with those colors, for that football field?

Yep !  During one of the 'turkey' hazes ya know....gobble gobble.  :P

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas