• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

last movie you saw

Started by Indiana Jones, December 05, 2011, 07:37:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Watched three good ones this weekend. Two had never seen.

Clash of the titans, love that movie. Can't get enough and I'm ready for wrath of the titans.

Real steel was great. No one should miss it.

50/50 was great to me but the fiancé can't get over Rogan's vulgarity. It is a bit much at times. Definite no go for letting my little girl watch ha.

Baitshop

Saw "The Grey" today....

SUCKED!!   

Predictable, slow, predictable, depressing, predictable, bad ending....

Oh, did I say predictable..??..??

redwolf143

Quote from: Baitshop on January 30, 2012, 10:23:55 pm
Saw "The Grey" today....

SUCKED!!   

Predictable, slow, predictable, depressing, predictable, bad ending....

Oh, did I say predictable..??..??

A very predictable response.  Did Liam at least punch a few wolves in the throat?

Watched my favorite Sandler escapade, Anger Management last night and some really really bad B movies over the weekend.  Colin Mochrie is one of my favorite Canadian comics but not all his stuff is worth the watch.

sevenof400

For someone with his track record in the film industry, Liam Neeson has sure hit a dry spell lately...

redwolf143

Quote from: sevenof400 on January 31, 2012, 09:58:58 am
For someone with his track record in the film industry, Liam Neeson has sure hit a dry spell lately...

Err, there's good reason for that;  He's kinda gone a bit off his rocker since the accident from my understanding.

sevenof400

I had forgotten about that RedWolf143...definitely understandable. 

Ridge Rat

Saw The Grey last night at the Rave. Baitshop is right. It sucks. Been looking forward to it and it's a terrible disappointment.

Baitshop

Saw "Underworld" last nite....

Not sure if it was good or not....couldn't take my eyes off of Kate Beckinsale and her outfit long enough to catch the story line...

fastdrop

Jalkuranis

Quote from: Baitshop on February 02, 2012, 10:27:00 am

Not sure if it was good or not....couldn't take my eyes off of Kate Beckinsale and her outfit long enough to catch the story line...

That's what you have us young folk to help you with, we can both pay attention to the story line and keep our eyes on Kate. The Humans start eradicating the Lycans and the vampires.... Kate and "Michael" try to leave the city but get caught. 12 years later Kate's daughter breaks her out and they find out the company that has been behind the eradication are actually all Lycans trying to get an edge on the vampires. Kate finds Michael (she thought he had died) but when she breaks his cryogenic chamber he escapes without her knowing. So her and her daughter are on the hunt for him before the Lycans/humans find him.

TAAADAAAAH. That is it in a nutshell.

redwolf143

Quote from: Jalkuranis on February 06, 2012, 02:33:38 pm
Quote from: Baitshop on February 02, 2012, 10:27:00 am

That's what you have us young folk to help you with, we can both pay attention to the story line and keep our eyes on Kate. The Humans start eradicating the Lycans and the vampires.... Kate and "Michael" try to leave the city but get caught. 12 years later Kate's daughter breaks her out and they find out the company that has been behind the eradication are actually all Lycans trying to get an edge on the vampires. Kate finds Michael (she thought he had died) but when she breaks his cryogenic chamber he escapes without her knowing. So her and her daughter are on the hunt for him before the Lycans/humans find him.

TAAADAAAAH. That is it in a nutshell.

so your saying its set up for another one??? UGH make it stop

Jalkuranis

DogsWin7

hate to admit but took the g-kids to see Chipwrecked!!

Texarkana_Piggie

saw a sneak peek of this means war last night.  it was pretty funny movie.  nothing deep, thoughtful, life changing or earth shattering, but a good, funny movie.

DogsWin7

Has anyone been to see Warhorse yet?  previews look pretty good.

redwolf143

saw the Muppets last night.  Not great but very nostalgic.

Kazimierz

February 21, 2012, 06:54:03 am #66 Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 06:57:58 am by Kazimierz
Watched "The Fall" the other night.

This was a very interesting movie. About a young girl in a hospital in 1920's California who befriends another hospital patient.  He begins to tell her a "tall tale" and the movie is about how she imagines the story in her head. It is colorful, wholesome, and really just a great movie. There are some deep themes like suicide, depression and betrayal (from the hospital patient)... but this is countered by the girl's earnestness.

So... I would screen it before showing it to kids... but any adult with an imagination would probably like watching it. It is a few years old (2006) and didn't show in a lot of theaters... but blockbuster or Netflix (or maybe the $5-10 dollar bin at Wal-Mart) will probably have it. 

AirWarren

While I own everything Star Wars, we went to watch Episode I in 3D friday night.

It isn't my favorite of the Saga but the Pod races with Anakin beating Sebulba and Obi Wan Kenobi, Qui-Gon Jinn, and Darth Maul dualing with lightsabers with the Dual of the Fates in the background...man. Awesome.

"Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will." -Master Yoda

Hoghead

February 27, 2012, 01:45:43 am #68 Last Edit: February 28, 2012, 04:13:29 pm by Hoghead
Tyler Perry's "Good Deeds". It was okay. Pretty much a Chick Flick. Rich guy falls in love with the office building janitor after pulling her out of a tight situation. Starring Perry, Brian ( Boston Celtics, Jo Jo Whites son ) White, Felicia (Cosby Show) Rashad and Thandie ( NORBET) Newton.

Baseball Fan-

redwolf143

Saw The Artist on Sunday afternoon.  It definitely deserved the Oscars it received.

Chief_Osceola™

The Rite and Battle Los Angeles this week on one of the movie channels.  I thought both were pretty good.  Battle LA was a little lacking, but chances are I'll enjoy about anything Eckhart is in.  He and Hopkins both are pretty awesome actors in their own way.

True Believer

Speak Softly But...

Act of Valor. 

Probably not the best analogy but, this world consists of sheep, wolves, and sheepdogs.  Most people are the sheep.  This movie, because of its unique position, gives in my opinion the most authentic reasons behind the motivations of the "sheepdog".  Honor, and sense of duty and obligation to God, family, country, and each other.  I think this movie provides a unique view into the motivations behind the warrior ethos and the bond that develops through trust and sacrifice.  If the general population is interested in understanding this motivation, Act of Valor is the movie to see.

To all you quiet professionals in service to our country and communities (military, law enforcement, fire, medical, etc.) who operate or have operated at the tip of the spear, here is one more heartfelt thanks for your and your families sacrifice. 

CHSTigersFan

Ghost Rider Spirit of Vengence, just got home. it SUCKED!!!!! I am all about super hero movies but this one blows!!!! Or SUCKS depending on how you look at it ;) my advice, save your money, and an hour and a half of your time. I was ready to bolt after 10 minutes and it only gets worse!!

True Believer

True Believer

Texarkana_Piggie

just saw the beginning and the end of hugo.  slept through the middle.  the rest of the fan liked it!  i was just too tired!

redwolf143

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on March 11, 2012, 06:33:01 pm
just saw the beginning and the end of hugo.  slept through the middle.  the rest of the fan liked it!  i was just too tired!

Try again, you'll like it.

Texarkana_Piggie

i was enjoying it when i fell asleep.  just a late night, time change and busy day won out!

True Believer

I have heard it was really good.  Maybe I will see it this weekend. 

redwolf143

it is, a movie about kids more than a kids movie, Scorsese did a great job.

True Believer

Saw it and thought it was interesting.  Good movie.

Just watched "The Muppets"!   

Uncle Ivan

April 09, 2012, 07:35:36 am #83 Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 07:39:59 am by Uncle Ivan
Must've watched "The Boondock Saints" half a dozen times this weekend.

And shepherds we shall be...

AirWarren

April 09, 2012, 10:01:40 am #84 Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 10:05:02 am by AW
Can't go wrong with Boondock Saints. Watched The Departed again too. Great one.

Watched The Sitter and that new chipmunks movie last night. Equally funny in their own way.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on April 09, 2012, 07:35:36 am

...for thee My Lord, for thee...

That is a great, great movie.  Pretty close to the perfect movie in every way imaginable.  And while not on par with the first one, the sequel was pretty decent as well.

Texarkana_Piggie

what is boondock saints?  haven't seen that.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on April 09, 2012, 01:53:32 pm

That is a great, great movie.  Pretty close to the perfect movie in every way imaginable.  And while not on par with the first one, the sequel was pretty decent as well.

...In nomme Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti.

While riding over to Memphis today, I was thinking it'd have been epic if the SEAL's who offed bin Laden recited that before they pulled the trigger.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on April 09, 2012, 04:05:09 pm
what is boondock saints?  haven't seen that.

Pretty killer vigilante movie.

Kazimierz

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on April 09, 2012, 08:15:30 pm

While riding over to Memphis today, I was thinking it'd have been epic if the SEAL's who offed bin Laden recited that before they pulled the trigger.

All around awesome movie. "But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

I still haven't seen the sequel... just don't want to ruin the original. 

cuz

April 25, 2012, 08:41:10 pm #90 Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 08:43:04 pm by cuz
Underworld Awakening

Kazimierz

Jurassic Park... and I am happy to say that most of the CGI still holds up to today's standards.  For 1993... that is pretty impressive.

redwolf143

Watched 2081, an adaptation of Kurt Vonnegut's Harrison Bergeron.  Deep and disturbing, well acted.

Valleysports

So a couple of coworkers and I watched The Grey last night.  I guess the setting is supposed to be about us.  Dumb Movie!  However, it ended at around 2am and I had to walk out to one of our oil reserve tanks.  Haha I was a little skittish even though it's Polar Bears that catch me by surprise sometimes, not wolves.  Hope that plane ride to Anchorage goes better for us next week......  ::)  Thumbs down!

cuz

Quote from: Kazimierz on April 12, 2012, 05:35:27 pm
Quote from: Uncle Ivan on April 09, 2012, 08:15:30 pm

All around awesome movie. "But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men."

I still haven't seen the sequel... just don't want to ruin the original.
Seen it, a great sequel and it won't ruin the orginal...........

DogsWin7

Going to take the G-kids to go see Madagascar 3 tonight!  Hope I can make it thru.......without having to buy or wear Afro Circus Wigs!!!  ;D 

DogsWin7

The G-kid's loved it!  I thought it was ok, but it's ranked #1. shows what i know ;D

http://movies.msn.com/movies/article.aspx?news=735178

SportsFan23

I saw Battlelship last night. Many have give the film a beating and have called it a bust. I can see where that is coming from but I for one enjoyed it. I thought that the stuff that was supposed to be funny was funny and the action was full of action. Plus I am a sucker for navy fighting the aliens, in fact it may have done better with the title " Navy vs. Aliens".

True Believer

Ferris Bueller's Day Off

Oh yeah.

True Believer

Watching 'SPACE JAM"!!

Whoop there it is!

Michael Jordan is still my most favorite and best basketball player!!!! 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas