• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

last movie you saw

Started by Indiana Jones, December 05, 2011, 07:37:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CathywithaC

Saw "Rock of Ages" on Friday.  Can't recommend on any level.

True Believer

Darn!   I was going to go see it but I was afraid of that!   Oh well!

Texarkana_Piggie

Friend went to see it and said it was just a fun movie...nothing earth shattering, but fun.  We may go see it.

CathywithaC

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on June 24, 2012, 06:19:11 pm
Friend went to see it and said it was just a fun movie...nothing earth shattering, but fun.  We may go see it.
I can see where some might call it fun.  I thought it was stupid.  Tom Cruise was not believable as an aging rock star and I think Russell Brand is the grossest thing on the planet.  Plus, breaking out into song when you drop your purse in the rain or everyone on a Greyhound bus having perfect pitch just doesn't do it for me.  I would have probably enjoyed the Broadway show more than the movie.

True Believer

Just ending.  "The 40 Year Old Virgin"   

.....still laugh at this movie. 

Let the sign shine in!!

Uncle Ivan

Weird Science.  Kelly LeBrock was smokin' hot back in the day.

luvthegame

I watched The Grey the other night.  Kind of predictable but still entertaining. 

Uncle Ivan

The Patriot. 

Col. Tavington had killer heel heat.

Texarkana_Piggie

Watched the princess and the frog this morn with the offspring.  Love that movie!

Kazimierz

The Cell.

A pretty good flick. Dated (CGI wise) but an interesting concept.

Visually, The Fall is much more impressive.

The Fall is now available on Netflix instant queue, check it out.

sevenof400

Finally got the chance to watch Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

Can't say I was impressed with the movie overall but without giving away any plot spoilers, I will offer these two thoughts.

Much of the dialogue is hard to follow - not so much for the dialect as much as the main characters seem to mumble quickly when they are following a piece of the mystery.   

There seem to be several scenes that are out of place in the story - meaning some additional cutting of scenes might have helped the story flow a bit better.  At a run time of 2:38, this film did seem stretched. 

sevenof400

Back to something a bit more meaningful.....

Shop smart.....shop S-Mart.

Texarkana_Piggie

well, since yesterday afternoon, i have watched brave, madagascar 3, joyful noise and the wild west (with will smith). 

Death_Knight

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on June 25, 2012, 11:19:03 am
Weird Science.  Kelly LeBrock was smokin' hot back in the day.

She was indeed!!

Last I saw was the Avengers

True Believer

I'm watching season 2 of Andy Griffith. 

Kazimierz

Red Dawn... Wolverines!!!

Texarkana_Piggie

July 26, 2012, 08:48:03 pm #116 Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 09:46:59 pm by Texarkana_Piggie
while in colorado, i saw all three madagascars again, pirates band of misfits, ice age continental drift, hop, dark shadows and katy perry part of me.  do we see a theme here?

Breitontime

Watched Savages last night. Twas really, really good.

CathywithaC

Dark Knight Rising---just okay

sevenof400

Quote from: CathywithaC on July 27, 2012, 02:31:47 pm

Same thoughts on Spiderman. 

Why does Hollywood insist on cranking out remakes?

Breitontime

Dark Knight rises was sickkkk.

The Dark Knight trilogy is by far superior to the originals.

luvthegame

Wonder if there will be a Justice League movie to match The Avengers?

SportsFan23

Ted!    It was really funny

Chief_Osceola™

July 31, 2012, 01:01:14 pm #123 Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 10:41:14 pm by Chief_Osceola™
Quote from: sevenof400 on July 28, 2012, 09:57:38 am
Quote from: CathywithaC on July 27, 2012, 02:31:47 pm

Same thoughts on Spiderman. 

Why does Hollywood insist on cranking out remakes?

$$$

And while I agree that some movies need to be remade because in some cases the original is terrible, but I think it's getting ridiculous.

luvthegame

Watched Dog Days yesterday.  The third installment in the Diary of a Wimpy Kid movies.  Better than the 2nd movie, not as funny as the first one.  Any movie watched with the kiddos is a day well spent.  Well.....most any movie I guess.

Texarkana_Piggie

Saw the new wimpy kid movie tonight.  Funny movie.  The guy at the back of the theater reeeeaaallly liked it.  Must have been the funniest thing he's seen in ages!

redwolf143

True Believer

Benny Rodriguez: Anyone who wants to be a can't-hack-it pantywaist who wears their mama's bra, raise your hand.

everyone raises their hand.

Yep.  It's on.  ABC family.  See ya later.  :)

Texarkana_Piggie

Saw black swan fri night. Oh my that was an intense movie.  That girl was nuts!

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: redwolf143 on August 21, 2012, 12:30:04 pm
The Princess Bride.

That movie never gets old.  It's inconceivable that anyone couldn't love this movie.

I just rewatched the Bourne trilogy and Man on Fire this week.

CathywithaC

"Bernie" On Demand last week.  Funny!  Jack Black, Shirley MacLaine, Matthew McConaghey, and the late Rick Dial.  Some hilarious stuff that could have just as easily happened any where in Arkansas, as it did in Carthage, TX.

SportsFan23

I just watched Possession, as demonic possession movies go I thought it was pretty good. It ain't the Exorcist but I did like it.

redwolf143

Quote from: CathywithaC on August 30, 2012, 01:43:02 pm
"Bernie" On Demand last week.  Funny!  Jack Black, Shirley MacLaine, Matthew McConaghey, and the late Rick Dial.  Some hilarious stuff that could have just as easily happened any where in Arkansas, as it did in Carthage, TX.

Redboxed it this weekend, it was quite good but more disturbing and sad than funny.

Also this weekend; A Game of Shadows (A) and Mirror Mirror (D- and a referral to the office for blatant plagiarism from Tenth Kingdom)

Kazimierz

Gran Turino, sad it took me so long to see it. Great movie.

Midnight in Paris, light hearted, very Woody Allen, but a good story at it's core. A good movie to check out with the Mrs. sometime.

whippersnapper

Paranorman. A few jokes that children dont understand and a few that couldve been left out. But a good movie.

Busted

Breaking Dawn Part 2!
Can't believe this series is over. But it's been great while it lasted.

CathywithaC

Skyfall---just okay.  I'm old---Sean Connery is the only Bond, James Bond, for me.  The fight scenes looked like dance choreography from Westside Story or Cats!  When he steps on the Komoto Dragon's back, you'll see what I mean.

sevenof400

Quote from: Kazimierz on September 13, 2012, 11:20:11 pm
Gran Turino, sad it took me so long to see it. Great movie.

Yes, indeed Kaz.  Might even be Eastwood's best work.

Quote from: CathywithaC on November 17, 2012, 11:42:45 am
Skyfall---just okay....

I am a bit more positive on Skyfall than you seem to be Cathy but I do see your point on the fight scenes.  A slight bit of disappointment with respect to the overall story but still worthy of seeing.  With Sam Mendes as the director, I was expecting more but I don't think Mendes has ever hit it out of the park as he did in American Beauty. 

True Believer

Casablanca - Nothing better than a good old Bogie movie.  That's the way he spelled his nickname given to him by Spencer Tracy. 

Ridge Rat

Christmas Vacation, Dear God my wife goes into this season wayyyy too early

SportsFan23

Expendables 2

It is what I thought it was. But it was awesome funny to me to hear Arnold, Bruce, Norris, and Sly spoof themselves.

True Believer

"Hook"

One of my and my children's favorite movies. 

"We want to be like Peter Pan.  We don't  want to grow up!!"

Texarkana_Piggie

saw wreck it ralph friday night.  cute movie!

sevenof400

T_P,

Check your PM's please!

CathywithaC

Uncle Ivan

Zombieland. 

It's also settled - Emma Stone looks best as a brunette.

Valleysports

Lawless - good movie - kind of a chick flick.

Busted

Can't wait to see The Hobbit this weekend!
And Les Miserables comes out on Christmas Day!

AirWarren

The stupid twilight movie. SMH.

True Believer

"The Ghost and Mr. Chicken"

ATTA BOY LUTHER!!!!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas