• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Assassin's Creed III

Started by Peety, October 10, 2012, 04:35:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Peety

Anybody picking this up in November?

The setting is in the revolutionary war. Looks pretty legit!

Paw-Paw

Pre-ordered through GAME STOP. Just what I need right before Finals at the university...  ;D

I just recently have been replaying the games to get me caught up with what all is happening in the AC universe. I really hope that Desmond Miles gets his vendetta against Warren Vidic and I would LOVE if he used the line Ezio Auditore did "requisite de pace" IF he does.

Ubisoft has landed a best-seller and rightfully so. From the developments of a new quake processor and graphic chips, to the enhancement of the Batman Arkham fighting combat styles; ACIII is sure to go above and beyond for all gamers.

Jalkuranis

I don't have it preordered yet but I am definitely going to pick it up.

Chief_Osceola™

Will own at release for sure.

Jalkuranis

Yeah, I had to go to the midnight release... Couldn't stand it.

Peety

Already played it for about 6 hours and only 14% through the game. This is so far one of my favorite games ever. So addicting

Jalkuranis

I just can't stop from running around killing guards..... I don't know what's wrong with me lol.

Paw-Paw

Finished this thing and I am ticked! Do not read below if you haven't completed the game!

SPOILER ALERT:

So Ubisoft was nervous back in May about the ending of the game? I certainly can see why! Throughout the series it has built up to this moment, the conclusion to the Desmond Miles story arc. What do the fans get? A 15 minute cenematic that explains how Juno has manipulated time and space to lead Desmond here at the last moments before the Earth is to be turned to ash to either

1) let the flare run its course killing billions of people and then rebuild humanity becoming reveled as some modern-day Jesus Christ

OR

2) set Juno free, who could possibly enslave the human race with a Templar mindset, but in the process save the world.

You do not get a choice like in Mass Effect 3, but rather decide to set Juno free.

Desmond releases Juno and is fried to a crisp. Above his body, Juno appears stating how he has served his part well, but know she had business to attend to and walks out of the temple.

What a way to wrap up our hero for the last few years. I do not know what is more saddening? The fact that the other titles basically mean nothing now or that Ubisoft took THREE years to come up with that conclusion!

The only bright spot is that this allows a new plot, a new hero, etc. to emerge for AC4. It is highly probable that the Assassins in AC4 travel back to the era of the first civilization as Shaun eludes to during discussion with Desmond? If Ubisoft was able to pull off the American Revolution then creating a world for the first civilization should be easy, however it may lack content. As we have seen with the Middle East, the Americas, as well as the Renissance period; Ubisoft has a lot of history to work with if thy chose an actual era over creating a world.

I don't know. My initial feeling is that I've been robbed and mocked. Vindication is needed for concluding the Desmond story arc as Ubisoft did and springboard with it as the segue into AC4.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Paw-Paw on November 01, 2012, 01:06:03 pm
Finished this thing and I am ticked! Do not read below if you haven't completed the game!

SPOILER ALERT:

So Ubisoft was nervous back in May about the ending of the game? I certainly can see why! Throughout the series it has built up to this moment, the conclusion to the Desmond Miles story arc. What do the fans get? A 15 minute cenematic that explains how Juno has manipulated time and space to lead Desmond here at the last moments before the Earth is to be turned to ash to either

1) let the flare run its course killing billions of people and then rebuild humanity becoming reveled as some modern-day Jesus Christ

OR

2) set Juno free, who could possibly enslave the human race with a Templar mindset, but in the process save the world.

You do not get a choice like in Mass Effect 3, but rather decide to set Juno free.

Desmond releases Juno and is fried to a crisp. Above his body, Juno appears stating how he has served his part well, but know she had business to attend to and walks out of the temple.

What a way to wrap up our hero for the last few years. I do not know what is more saddening? The fact that the other titles basically mean nothing now or that Ubisoft took THREE years to come up with that conclusion!

The only bright spot is that this allows a new plot, a new hero, etc. to emerge for AC4. It is highly probable that the Assassins in AC4 travel back to the era of the first civilization as Shaun eludes to during discussion with Desmond? If Ubisoft was able to pull off the American Revolution then creating a world for the first civilization should be easy, however it may lack content. As we have seen with the Middle East, the Americas, as well as the Renissance period; Ubisoft has a lot of history to work with if thy chose an actual era over creating a world.

I don't know. My initial feeling is that I've been robbed and mocked. Vindication is needed for concluding the Desmond story arc as Ubisoft did and springboard with it as the segue into AC4.

Good grief.  I'm glad you alluded to Mass Effect 3.  I thought that was a terrible, terrible ending, but this has just eclipsed that.  I don't get why a developer would want to essentially give loyal customers and fans a slap in the face like this. Hopefully the outcry from players will be enough to get Ubisoft to write a new ending.  Or maybe that's what they are hoping for - create a new ending as DLC that will cost an extra 10-20 dollars.  That's almost as much of a crime as having day 1 DLC (ahem, ME3).

Jalkuranis

I just now got to where I met Sam Adams... I just simply can't stop killing guards lol. I think I have a fascination with killing people. And sounds like it's a good thing since the ending is like that.

Peety

I'm 35% through the game and I love it. Best game I've ever played in my life by far. I didn't read the above posts...but I'm anticipating a crazy ending. Is it really that bad?

Jalkuranis

I don't know about best game in my life but it is pretty good.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas