• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

top 3 predictions of the state weight meet

Started by dragon_fan97, March 29, 2014, 09:39:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

DragonBorn

There's no shame in being from Tha Boot like I am

jbtiger73

bleudog

April 05, 2014, 02:05:24 pm #52 Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 02:19:22 pm by bleudog
Quote from: cav2012 on March 29, 2014, 12:26:14 pm
..........Hazen wins handily, promise

The 2014 2A state champions and all-classification runner up, promise:

Congratulations to the 2014 JC Dragon weightlifting team!

thabeast428

Heard JC only missed the overall by 20lbs

KOJACK

I can't believe little ole Junction was able to defeat mighty Hazen and Brinkley. ::)

dragon_fan97

Congratulations to are Louisiana recruits

Coach Mac D

Quote from: KOJACK on April 05, 2014, 06:28:02 pm
I can't believe little ole Junction was able to defeat mighty Hazen and Brinkley. ::)

Junction city is amazing. One of the top programs from entire state. They have a top notch player development program that puts kids in the top levels of college athletics. Everyone in 2A is trying to catch up to them at the best of their ability.

I'm very proud of Hazen. 4 of 10 finished in top 3 with one winning and one tie for #1. I'm proud of them mostly because they are working harder than they have ever worked. Offseason is more intense than ever. Keep your head up. Keep your eyes on the prize. It is a big mountain to climb but that is what makes the summit so rewarding.

Congrats again to junction city team for their performance. I'm sure the view from the top is nice.

Dragon I

Put another one in the case boys!  These guys are beasts! 

Excellent post Coach.  I wouldn't mind watching a JC/Hazen playoff game this year. Good luck!

bleudog

April 05, 2014, 09:44:11 pm #59 Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 09:49:34 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Dragon I on April 05, 2014, 09:01:45 pm
Put another one in the case boys!  These guys are beasts! 

Excellent post Coach.  I wouldn't mind watching a JC/Hazen playoff game this year. Good luck!

Was nice to see this group getting the train back on the track. 

2014  Junction City
2013  Rison
2012  Mineral Springs
2011  Junction City
2010  Junction City
2009  Junction City
2008  Junction City
2007  Junction City

JC had at least two overall titles in the list.

Somebody else will have to go further back.

cav2012

Quote from: KOJACK on April 05, 2014, 06:28:02 pm
I won't be nice like coach was. Ok old timer living off your glory days. Grow up. Just cause JC has a helluva program right now does not mean you contributed anything. You are a loser. You are a nobody. Get a life punk.

HorseFeathers

April 05, 2014, 10:49:38 pm #61 Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 10:54:58 pm by HF
KoJack is a Prescott fan

cav2012

jbtiger73

Hey Lojack. Guess where coach Greg Smith came from before Prescott. Brinkley. So your welcome, jockrider.

KOJACK

Quote from: jbtiger73 on April 06, 2014, 07:01:44 am
Hey Lojack. Guess where coach Greg Smith came from before Prescott. Brinkley. So your welcome, jockrider.
No not really accurate. He came to Prescott from arkadelphia. He was at Brinkley, but he got the heck outta there ASAP.

MomaLion

Congrats to JC and all teams that competed. As always I'm proud of my Clarendon Lions for getting things back on track and competing :-)

bleudog

From the EDNT:

Junction City won its seventh 2A championship. The Dragons' total weight of 5,075 pounds was good for second Overall behind Wynne.
    "The boys did an outstanding job today," said Junction City coach David Carpenter. "We had a lot of good plusses with them reaching their goal and exceeding what we thought they were going to do today. They did a good job."
    C.J. Johnson was tied for second in the 132 division with a total weight of 420 pounds. He lost a coin flip for second and was awarded the third place medal. Josh Armstrong was second in the 165 division with a total weight of 515. Taylor Mason finished second in the heavyweight division to El Dorado's Bijhon Jackson. Mason lifted 670 pounds.
    Mason Gorman, Fred Daniels, Madison Matthews, Jaqwis Dancy, Marquez Singleton, Matthew Freeman and Garrett Woods rounded out the Dragons' championship squad.

jbtiger73

We were winning there during that time you idiot. Didn't even know what the heck a Prescott was back then. And didn't really care for that matter.  I complement other schools on here all the time. But at least I don't jock ride anyone like you do JC. Wanna be a part of a winner that bad, huh? ::)

HorseFeathers

Quote from: jbtiger73 on April 06, 2014, 04:56:12 pm
We were winning there during that time you idiot. Didn't even know what the heck a Prescott was back then. And didn't really care for that matter.  I complement other schools on here all the time. But at least I don't jock ride anyone like you do JC. Wanna be a part of a winner that bad, huh? ::)

Just going off your post the other day in the Schedules and Predictions thread...I'm not sure why you wouldn't have known what a prescott was back then...The Curley Wolves was Runner-up in 3A in 99, which would have been your junior year based off of that post I'm referring....

rougarou

KOJACK

Quote from: jbtiger73 on April 06, 2014, 04:56:12 pm
If yall were such winners back then why did smith leave like a rocket dummy?Coming from a place with a playoff record of 11-13 all time maybe you should start riding other teams jocks. Our playoff record is 53-19. We got room on ours since it is so big...idiot lol

Beaver Fever

WHy did he leave prescott like a rocket?  Still confused over that one.

jbtiger73

Good point beaver.  ;) let's keep all the fair weather fans like what's his name at bay. So you do agree you're a jockrider, huh

KOJACK

Quote from: Beaver Fever on April 07, 2014, 12:11:18 pm
10 years is like a rocket ??? Lol if some of you guys weren't so dumb you'd be funny. And Bj73 if you can show me where I was jock riding I'll shut up and move on. That was a put down to you... I'll type slower next time... I've heard how you Brinkley boys were lol ;D

HorseFeathers

Quote from: KOJACK on April 07, 2014, 09:25:39 pm
Quote from: Beaver Fever on April 07, 2014, 12:11:18 pm
10 years is like a rocket ??? Lol if some of you guys weren't so dumb you'd be funny. And Bj73 if you can show me where I was jock riding I'll shut up and move on. That was a put down to you... I'll type slower next time... I've heard how you Brinkley boys were lol ;D

Just curious why in the world did he leave Prescott for Dover?

jbtiger73

I guess everyone is wondering that now Hojack ;)

HorseFeathers

Quote from: jbtiger73 on April 08, 2014, 11:57:24 am

He answered it to me in a pm..

KOJACK

Quote from: jbtiger73 on April 08, 2014, 11:57:24 am
No...just you lol. Do you kiss your boyfriend with that mouth?

crmorrow24

Kojack, get your butt off this 2A board and get back to 3A where you belong.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: crmorrow24 on April 08, 2014, 12:52:40 pm
Kojack, get your butt off this 2A board and get back to 3A where you belong.

We have assigned homes on here now??

jbtiger73

He's a jockrider, remember. He goes to every classification board, picks the best team, and hops along for the ride. That's sad :P

bleudog

Pardon my attempt to get this thread back on track, but here's what ran in the ADG about the meet:

WEIGHTLIFTING
Booneville, Fountain Lake defend titles

Booneville and Fountain Lake defended their titles in the state high school weightlifting championships Saturday at Dover High School.
   Booneville won the Class 4A title with a total of 4,880 pounds (lifts in the bench press and power clean) in 10 weight divisions. Fountain Lake had a total of 4,715 pounds to repeat as Class 3A champion.
   Other winners were Rogers Heritage in Class 7A/6A (4,710), Wynne in Class 5A (a meet-best 5,060) and Junction City in Class 2A (5,035).
   Senior Bijhon Jackson of El Dorado repeated as champion of the heavyweight division with a total weight of 770 pounds — 410 in the bench press and a meet-record 360 in the power clean.
   Jackson, as a 320-pound interior defensive lineman, helped the Wildcats win Class 6A state championships in 2011 and 2013. He will be a freshman this fall at Arkansas.
   Senior Dalton Gray, a standout two-way lineman on Booneville's unbeaten Class 4A state championship football team last fall, bench-pressed 365 pounds and power-cleaned 300 pounds in the 259-pound division.

State results
Saturday at Dover High School
TEAM RESULTS

CLASS 7A/6A SCHOOL WEIGHT (BENCH PRESS, POWER CLEAN)
Rogers Heritage 4,710; West Memphis 4,695; El Dorado 4,640

CLASS 5A SCHOOL WEIGHT (BENCH PRESS, POWER CLEAN)
Wynne 5,060; Alma 4,630; Beebe 4,340

CLASS 4A SCHOOL WEIGHT (BENCH PRESS, POWER CLEAN)
Booneville 4,880; Pottsville 4,790; Clinton 4,615

CLASS 3A SCHOOL WEIGHT (BENCH PRESS, POWER CLEAN)
Fountain Lake 4,715; Yellville-Summit 4,320; Benton Harmony Grove 4,230

CLASS 2A SCHOOL WEIGHT (BENCH PRESS, POWER CLEAN)
Junction City 5,035; Rison 4,610; Hazen 4,500

HorseFeathers

Curious as to how many schools in the upper divisions compete...cause it's rather interesting to me that only division the 6A/7A champ would have won, is their own...

cav2012

Disappointing performance. One of these days we'll get ya JC!

jbtiger73

Sorry bleudog. But had to take out the trash on this thread. But that is very interesting and impressive what happend at the weight meet. Hopefully we can be apart of it next year.

THA TRUTH

Quote from: cav2012 on April 08, 2014, 07:11:15 pm
Disappointing performance. One of these days we'll get ya JC!

Focus on getting rison first

cav2012

Why would we want second place? I have excuses for why we didn't win 1st, hopefully this will change

Cheek

Quote from: HF on April 08, 2014, 05:56:27 pm
Curious as to how many schools in the upper divisions compete...cause it's rather interesting to me that only division the 6A/7A champ would have won, is their own...

If you will check, the 2A and 3A usually have totals higher then the upper classes. 

THA TRUTH

bleudog

April 09, 2014, 02:46:26 pm #89 Last Edit: April 09, 2014, 02:48:15 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Cheek on April 09, 2014, 12:01:32 pm
Quote from: HF on April 08, 2014, 05:56:27 pm

If you will check, the 2A and 3A usually have totals higher then the upper classes. 

I heard that in checking the team totals there may have been an error that will either lower Wynne's total or raise JC's. Either way there could be an announcement coming that one of those little 2A schools won the overall title....again.

bleudog

JC has added a slide show presentation to their website with pictures from the state meet.

CLICK HERE

cuz

Quote from: bleudog on April 09, 2014, 02:49:55 pm
JC has added a slide show presentation to their website with pictures from the state meet.

CLICK HERE
Nice bleu, CONGRATS DRAGONS, Great Job.................

5.0forty

Quote from: bleudog on April 08, 2014, 04:11:39 pm
Pardon my attempt to get this thread back on track, but here's what ran in the ADG about the meet:

WEIGHTLIFTING

Booneville and Fountain Lake defended their titles in the state high school weightlifting championships Saturday at Dover High School.
   Booneville won the Class 4A title with a total of 4,880 pounds (lifts in the bench press and power clean) in 10 weight divisions. Fountain Lake had a total of 4,715 pounds to repeat as Class 3A champion.
   Other winners were Rogers Heritage in Class 7A/6A (4,710), Wynne in Class 5A (a meet-best 5,060) and Junction City in Class 2A (5,035).
   Senior Bijhon Jackson of El Dorado repeated as champion of the heavyweight division with a total weight of 770 pounds — 410 in the bench press and a meet-record 360 in the power clean.
   Jackson, as a 320-pound interior defensive lineman, helped the Wildcats win Class 6A state championships in 2011 and 2013. He will be a freshman this fall at Arkansas.
   Senior Dalton Gray, a standout two-way lineman on Booneville's unbeaten Class 4A state championship football team last fall, bench-pressed 365 pounds and power-cleaned 300 pounds in the 259-pound division.

State results
TEAM RESULTS

Is this just the top 3 in each class or Every school?

bleudog

Quote from: 5.0forty on April 19, 2014, 07:28:58 am
Quote from: bleudog on April 08, 2014, 04:11:39 pm

WEIGHTLIFTING

State results
TEAM RESULTS

Is this just the top 3 in each class or Every school?

I don't know of a complete list, but these are only the "gold, silver and bronze" finishers.

Lions84

bleudog

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas