• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Region 3 Tournament at Manila

Started by HorseFeathers, February 22, 2015, 07:57:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Googlymoogly

DatBoot

February 27, 2015, 09:43:40 am #101 Last Edit: February 27, 2015, 09:53:25 am by DatBoot
Looked at the State Bracket, everyone from our Region(3) will be playing teams out of Region(4). These teams have punched their tickets into the state tourn. 2 Boys and 2 Girls teams remaining. Can't decide if I want to go scout our not.
Boys                                                           Girls
Prescott Curly Wolves                                    Genoe Central Lady Dragons
vs                                                               vs
Smackover/Cossatot                                      Drew Central/Fouke

McGehee Owls                                              Fordyce Lady Redbugs
vs                                                               vs
Centerpoint/Fordyce                                      Cossatot/McGehee

JeanClaudeVanHam

Halftime:

Valley Springs 46
Mountain View 17

JeanClaudeVanHam

Final:

Valley Springs 71
Mountain View 35

JeanClaudeVanHam

Halftime:

Valley Springs 39
Rivercrest 28

Super physical game.

HeadTiger

Quote from: JeanClaudeVanHam on February 27, 2015, 06:02:43 pm
Halftime:

Valley Springs 39
Rivercrest 28

Super physical game.

How's Valley playing chew?

bobcat4real

Valley won by 11 or 12.  Chew had 33, but hogue for valley had 30...

JeanClaudeVanHam

Valley Springs 80
Rivercrest 66

Final

Officiating needs reprimanded.

Valley played Chew with a Box and One. Face guarded him the entire game for 93 feet. He was 0-for from three and still dropped 30 points on layups and free throws.

It was a great game. A technical on Rivercrest's #10 in the fourth when it was 66-60 set up Valley's Shearer to hit four free throws and really determined the outcome.

JeanClaudeVanHam

Also, my phone is going dead. Won't be able to give any more scores.

oldtimer

Can anyone else help out on scores since the update person battery went dead on the cell phone?

Googlymoogly

Bergman girls up 31-30 at halftime

JeanClaudeVanHam

I was just lent a wireless phone charger. I'm back for the moment.

Nearing end of 3

Bergman 45
Crest 39

JeanClaudeVanHam

oldtimer

Thanks, keep us posted if you can.

JeanClaudeVanHam

oldtimer

JeanClaudeVanHam

JeanClaudeVanHam

JeanClaudeVanHam

JeanClaudeVanHam

pioneers

What a game first off I want to give a huge shoutout to flippin Both teams played hard and number 3 I know played through some pain and that shows that he is a true leader for his team. The manila lions are just one scrappy bunch no other coach could the type of play that lee wimberly has got out of the lions this year. Everybody underestimated the lions coming into this year and I cant explain how proud of them I am.

Head Lion

First Flippin is a dang good squad, who will be a bad draw for a 1 or 2 seed in state. Extremely well coached, classy group of young men. We were prepared at Manila for a couple of average years, but someone forgot to tell Coach Wimberly & these kids. The determination & passion is off the charts for the kids, talent will soon be to much to overcome. This group has proved it is as much the fight in the dog than the dog in the fight.

bobcat4real

Quote from: Head Lion on February 27, 2015, 11:07:26 pm
First Flippin is a dang good squad, who will be a bad draw for a 1 or 2 seed in state. Extremely well coached, classy group of young men. We were prepared at Manila for a couple of average years, but someone forgot to tell Coach Wimberly & these kids. The determination & passion is off the charts for the kids, talent will soon be to much to overcome. This group has proved it is as much the fight in the dog than the dog in the fight.
I would agree with you.  It was a great game with a great atmosphere.  Both teams played awesome defense and points were hard to come by.  Wish we could have converted that layup at the end.  Congrats to Manila on a good win. I thought Manila seemed to be a classy bunch as well. 

Grishawg

Head Lion

Shoot I guess I have been spelling it wrong on his paycheck since he got here. Lol

bootlegger

we seen some very good point guards play in both boys games tonight,very entertaining.

ISU7

The teams have been playing great basketball, but the officiating had been some of the saddest I've seen in along time  :'(

JeanClaudeVanHam

Quote from: ISU7 on February 28, 2015, 01:07:41 am
The teams have been playing great basketball, but the officiating had been some of the saddest I've seen in along time  :'(

It's the definition of inconsistency. In every game.

ISU7

February 28, 2015, 07:17:26 am #128 Last Edit: February 28, 2015, 07:19:04 am by ISU7
Quote from: JeanClaudeVanHam on February 25, 2015, 07:52:57 pm
Are you sure about that 23% tally? That doesn't seem possible without Osceola taking over 100 shots.

Head Lion

Quote from: ISU7 on February 28, 2015, 07:17:26 am
Are you sure about that 23% tally? That doesn't seem possible without Osceola taking over 100 shots.
I checked the book on FTs just to make sure, I couldn't believe they made 10. No, went back and watched game film and charted. It was like 27 for 91, which is 30%. I know on 5-7 occasions they would miss 4-5 putbacks in a 15 second stretch.

JeanClaudeVanHam

Quote from: Head Lion on February 28, 2015, 07:28:55 am
Quote from: ISU7 on February 28, 2015, 07:17:26 am

Thanks for that. That's an amazing amount of shots for a high school game.
I checked the book on FTs just to make sure, I couldn't believe they made 10. No, went back and watched game film and charted. It was like 27 for 91, which is 30%. I know on 5-7 occasions they would miss 4-5 putbacks in a 15 second stretch.

pioneers

Mt view girls win in girls consolation over rivercrest and flippin boys beat rivercrest boys in consolation game.

JeanClaudeVanHam

End of one

Valley Springs 14
Bergman 11

JeanClaudeVanHam

Halftime

Valley Springs 30
Bergman 21

ballmember

is valley springs on radio??"  thanks. 

JeanClaudeVanHam

End of three

Valley Springs 45
Bergman 35

No idea about radio, sorry.

Bergman1820

JeanClaudeVanHam

JeanClaudeVanHam

End of one

Valley Springs 12
Manila 10

JeanClaudeVanHam

Halftime

Valley Springs 22
Manila 20

JeanClaudeVanHam

pioneers

Tied game 9.7 sec left manila ball.

pioneers

neds

Head Lion

Thanks Neds, nice considering we were in rebuilding mode.

neds

Agree, well done.
You never know what can happen from here. A bunch of young men who believe they can compete with anyone, that's a dangerous team

Bergman1820

Quote from: pioneers on February 28, 2015, 09:02:00 pm
Tied game 9.7 sec left manila ball.

Did Manila end the game with a lay up? Did Valley get a chance to tie?

Head Lion

Manila made 2 free throws with 3.4, Valley pushed the ball up quickly & #3 got a good look from about 25 feet & rimmed off. It could have easily went in.

ISU7

Quote from: Head Lion on February 28, 2015, 10:12:23 pm
Congrats Manila Lions!!!! 8) 8)

Head Lion

Quote from: ISU7 on March 01, 2015, 07:20:02 am
Quote from: Head Lion on February 28, 2015, 10:12:23 pm
Congrats Manila Lions!!!! 8) 8)
Thabks ISU, best of luck to our friendly county the Colts.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas