• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Region 3 Tournament at Manila

Started by HorseFeathers, February 22, 2015, 07:57:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

February 22, 2015, 07:57:16 pm Last Edit: February 26, 2015, 11:13:36 pm by HF
Boys Division

Quarterfinals

Game 1 (Wednesday 5:30)
#1 Valley Springs Tigers
vs
#4 Osceola Seminoles

Game 2 (Thursday 5:30)
#2 Rivercrest Colts
vs
#3 Marshall BobCats

Game 3 (Wednesday 8:30)
#1 Manila Lions
vs
#4 Melbourne BearKatz

Game 4 (Thursday 8:30)
#2 Flippin BobCats
vs
#3 Corning Bobcats

Semi Finals

Game 5 Friday 5:30
#1 Valley Springs
vs
#2 Rivercrest Colts

Game 6 Friday 8:30
#1 Manila Lions
vs
#2 Flippin Bobcats

Consolation

Game 7 (Saturday 1:30)
Loser Game #5
vs
Loser #6

Finals

Game 8 (Saturday 7:30)
Winner Game #5
vs
Winner #6

Girls Division

Quarterfinals

Game 1 (Wednesday 4:00)
#1 Valley Springs
vs
#4 Osceola Lady Seminoles

Game 2 (Thursday 4:00)
#2 Corning Lady BobCats
vs
#3 Mountain View Lady Yellow Jackets

Game 3 (Wednesday 7:00)
#1 Rivercrest Lady Colts
vs
#4 Flippin Lady BobCats

Game 4 (Thursday 7:00)
#2 Bergman Lady Panthers
vs
#3 Hoxie Lady Mustangs

Semi Finals

Game 5 Friday 4:00
#1 Valley Springs Lady Tigers
vs
#3 Mountain View Lady Yellow Jackets

Game 6 Friday 7:00
#1 Rivercrest Lady Colts
vs
#2 Bergman Lady Panthers

Consolation

Game 8 (Saturday 6:00)
Loser Game #5
vs
Loser #6

Finals

Game 8 (Saturday 6:00)
Winner Game #5
vs
Winner game #6

pioneers

Cedar ridge isn't in this region. Flippin Melbourne valley springs and them are in this region

HorseFeathers

Quote from: pioneers on February 22, 2015, 08:44:17 pm
Cedar ridge isn't in this region. Flippin Melbourne valley springs and them are in this region

Forgot to delete them when I was copying and pasting

pioneers

Quote from: HF on February 22, 2015, 08:46:20 pm

And the girls in 3 hoxie is 3 Osceola is 4

HorseFeathers

Quote from: pioneers on February 22, 2015, 08:53:51 pm
Quote from: HF on February 22, 2015, 08:46:20 pm

And the girls in 3 hoxie is 3 Osceola is 4

Thank you!

Head Lion

Rivercrest girls 70-59 over Corning. Congrats to the Lady Colts.

ZoneBuster

Marshall will be the 3 on east side for boys

HorseFeathers

bobcats

Quote from: HF on February 23, 2015, 07:46:52 pm
Quote from: ZoneBuster on February 23, 2015, 07:30:21 pm
Marshall will be the 3 on east side for boys

Both Semi's been played?

Yes Marshall is 3 and Melbourne is 4.

HorseFeathers

Bergman1820

Head Lion

Predictions? I will start, boys split with Manila & Rivercrest winning with Flippin & Valley from other side. Girls, Rivercrest & 1A East take other 3 spots. JMO

ISU7

Quote from: Head Lion on February 24, 2015, 04:43:40 pm
Predictions? I will start, boys split with Manila & Rivercrest winning with Flippin & Valley from other side. Girls, Rivercrest & 1A East take other 3 spots. JMO
I sure hope you're right, but then you're usually not except on peewee games..lol  ;D 8)

bobcats

Boys

Flippin - easiest path to state
Valley - may be playing the best right now.
Marshall - not a lot of confidence in this pick based on last game.
Manila - gets through because of home court and home crowd.

Girls

Valley - Regional champs
Bergman
Mtn View - this is a 50/50 game
Rivercrest

ISU7

I wonder will any one on the boys side wanna win this regional knowing they will be on the same side of the bracket with ECS :-X :-X :-X :-X strange things have already happened...lol  :-X :-X :-X

@CurryLegion

Actually that's not true. ECS is Region 2, and considering they finish first that would put them on the same side as the 1 seed from Region 1. The 1 seed from Region 3 and 4 are on the same side. If you are referring to Flippin losing tonight as something strange, I guarantee you they tried to win they game.

@CurryLegion

Quote from: bocatfanforlife on February 24, 2015, 11:49:11 pm
Actually that's not true. ECS is Region 2, and considering they finish first that would put them on the same side as the 1 seed from Region 1. The 1 seed from Region 3 and 4 are on the same side. If you are referring to Flippin losing tonight as something strange, I guarantee you they tried to win the game.

TheOfficial

Actually that's not true. ECS is Region 2, and considering they finish first that would put them on the same side as the 1 seed from Region 1. The 1 seed from Region 3 and 4 are on the same side. If you are referring to Flippin losing tonight as something strange, I guarantee you they tried to win they game.

Amen

Bergman1820

Any radio or online coverage of the games?

bobcats

That's the reason they didn't play their all state point guard.

Head Lion

VS, sorry to say no. If you are not there, will update as much as possible.

hawgsroll

Quote from: bobcats on February 25, 2015, 05:52:32 am

What's the reason?    Don't speak about what you don't know!!

bobcats

February 25, 2015, 08:31:43 am #22 Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 08:34:50 am by bobcats
Quote from: hawgsroll on February 25, 2015, 08:19:05 am

I will speak about what I want.  In case you didn't know he didn't play!!  Also in case you didn't know this is an OPINION board for everyone not just for you!!

hawgsroll

Quote from: bobcats on February 25, 2015, 08:31:43 am

I will speak about what I want.  In case you didn't know he didn't play!!  Also in case you didn't know this is an OPINION board for everyone not just for you!!
I guess your right, all idiots should have their opinion, even if they are stupid.    Yeah I know he did not play.   First game he has probably ever missed for injury.   And when he went down against Melbourne the other night, it was just like the other 1000 times that he has been knocked down and hammered over the past few years EXCEPT this time he did not get up so quick like he usually does.   He has never been one to fake an inury and it was obvious that night he was hurt.   Could he have played last night?  maybe a little bit...   Would Flippin have won with him playing on an injury?  maybe....    But it was determined that he needed time to heal.     The implication from ISU7 that "strange things happened" was implying that a decision was made to lose a game to avoid Osceola.   That was not the case, the players that played for Flippin tried their best to win that game....   Then you tried to support that ISU7 theory by STATING that the PG did not play so Flippin could lose and get a supposedly easier path.   My point was that he did not play because he was hurt and Flippin needs him to be healthy going forward.   So your statement (which was stated as a matter of FACT), might have been an OPINION, but with all due respect... you don't know what the &*#^ you are talking about and your opinion is stupid...

TheOfficial

Yep.  bobcats, the reason Polite didn't play was a rolled ankle he could barely walk on last night.  Anyone that was at the game coud see that while neither team played great they were both fighting for the win.

bobcats

Quote from: hawgsroll on February 25, 2015, 08:59:35 am

I guess your right, all idiots should have their opinion, even if they are stupid.    Yeah I know he did not play.   First game he has probably ever missed for injury.   And when he went down against Melbourne the other night, it was just like the other 1000 times that he has been knocked down and hammered over the past few years EXCEPT this time he did not get up so quick like he usually does.   He has never been one to fake an inury and it was obvious that night he was hurt.   Could he have played last night?  maybe a little bit...   Would Flippin have won with him playing on an injury?  maybe....    But it was determined that he needed time to heal.     The implication from ISU7 that "strange things happened" was implying that a decision was made to lose a game to avoid Osceola.   That was not the case, the players that played for Flippin tried their best to win that game....   Then you tried to support that ISU7 theory by STATING that the PG did not play so Flippin could lose and get a supposedly easier path.   My point was that he did not play because he was hurt and Flippin needs him to be healthy going forward.   So your statement (which was stated as a matter of FACT), might have been an OPINION, but with all due respect... you don't know what the &*#^ you are talking about and your opinion is stupid...

Wow, at least now we know you must  be a child, adults don't resort to name calling.

Longfellow

An opinion can't technically be stupid because it isn't claimed as truth.

hawgsroll

Quote from: bobcats on February 25, 2015, 09:17:42 am
Quote from: hawgsroll on February 25, 2015, 08:59:35 am

Wow, at least now we know you must  be a child, adults don't resort to name calling.
Well crap!   You figured me out...

bulldog42

Looks like the weather will hold off in Manila, hopefully games will not get delayed this week.  I can't wait to get over there tomorrow.  Not sure how good the games tonight will be.  Valley and Osceola Girls, Valley and Osceola boys should be a good up tempo game, River Crest vs Flippin girls and then Manila vs Melbourne boys, if Melbourne shoots like they did their last two games they may be able to hang on for a quarter or so but I would say the home team is heavily favored.  Manila shoots the ball really well and I don't think Melbourne can keep up their shooting outside of their gym.

Tomorrow should be some good games setting up some real good games in the semi-finals on Friday.  Here is tomorrows games, Corning vs Mt View girls, Rivercrest vs Marshall boys, I expect Marshall to play better than they did on Monday, Bergman vs Hoxie girls and Flippin vs Corning boys.

Good luck to all the teams.

hawgsroll

Quote from: Longfellow on February 25, 2015, 10:02:07 am
An opinion can't technically be stupid because it isn't claimed as truth.
I would agree with you on that, technically.   BUT he said "That's the reason they didn't play their allstate PG."   To me, that is not stated as his opinion, it was stated as a fact that he was trying to relate to everyone like he knew something about it.  An opinion would have been if he said something like "I wonder if that is why they did not play their all state PG"  or   " I bet they did not play their all state PG so they would have a better chance in regionals".... EIther one of those could be construed as an opinion, but his was stated as fact and not opinion.   He knew what he was saying, he knew what he was implying, and he probably knew it was not true when he said it and he did not state it as an opinion.   
The truth does matter.

bobcats

Quote from: bulldog42 on February 25, 2015, 10:04:07 am
Looks like the weather will hold off in Manila, hopefully games will not get delayed this week.  I can't wait to get over there tomorrow.  Not sure how good the games tonight will be.  Valley and Osceola Girls, Valley and Osceola boys should be a good up tempo game, River Crest vs Flippin girls and then Manila vs Melbourne boys, if Melbourne shoots like they did their last two games they may be able to hang on for a quarter or so but I would say the home team is heavily favored.  Manila shoots the ball really well and I don't think Melbourne can keep up their shooting outside of their gym.

Tomorrow should be some good games setting up some real good games in the semi-finals on Friday.  Here is tomorrows games, Corning vs Mt View girls, Rivercrest vs Marshall boys, I expect Marshall to play better than they did on Monday, Bergman vs Hoxie girls and Flippin vs Corning boys.

Good luck to all the teams.

The most entertaining game of the week could be tonight's 5:30 game.  I still expect Valley to win by 10 or more.

Head Lion

Back to some positive news, Region 4 is cancelled today. With Region 3 matched up with them in state, our teams may catch a little break this time.

Head Lion

Bobcats, you have seen Osceola. What kind of game tempo wise and etc should we expect from Valley/Osceola matchup?

hawgsroll

I would expect an uptempo game. But you never know.  Valley likes to play fast most of the time.  But honestly, they have 10 to 12 players that can play pretty good and they can turn it up fast when they want to.   They can also slow it down and play controlled when they want to.   They have some big players that can play (6'6", 6'6", and 6'3")..  THen if they want to play small, they can do that as well.  I expect Valley to play well and win.   I guess something like 72 to 58....

Head Lion

Just saw on Twitter where Region 2 cancelled?

HawgDaddy

Can't we all get along?  I would have sit Politte as well, if he were hurt.  Nobody tried to lose a district championship, no matter the draw...It'll be interesting to see how these conferences match up. Last year they split on the boys side, but I believe the 3A-1 East is better this year and the 3A-3 is down a bit.  I'll take Valley, Flippin, and Marshall to advance, with Manila beating Melbourne.  On the girls side, I see Valley and Bergman playing again in the Regional Final, but Corning and Rivercrest will probably advance as well. 

Good luck to all the teams!

Paperman

hawgsroll you going to be at the games today in Manila?

AmSycho

What kind of team does Rivercrest have? I know how Marshall has played stylewise the past few years, but not this season. I figure the same. Rivercrest in the past has been athletic and physical. Thoughts on this game?

bobcats

Quote from: Head Lion on February 25, 2015, 10:23:39 am
Bobcats, you have seen Osceola. What kind of game tempo wise and etc should we expect from Valley/Osceola matchup?

I have not seen them this year, and as I hear on this board they may be a year or 2 away from returning to form.  Valley prefers to play uptempo, but their pg is on the edge of being out of control on most nights.  Their offense revolves around #3, slow him down and you have a chance to win.  Their bigs are not huge factors except #44 is a designated 3 point shooter if left unguarded.  Valley will defend.  I expect the winning team to score in the 70's, maybe more.  I know you guys score that every game, but most conferences don't.  Also #20 is capable of making 7 or 8 three's in a game.

hawgsroll

Quote from: Paperman on February 25, 2015, 11:20:51 am
hawgsroll you going to be at the games today in Manila?
No.  Can't make it today.  I expect both boys games to be good games though...
I will probably make it tomorrow...

Why?

Head Lion

Quote from: AmSycho on February 25, 2015, 11:27:34 am
What kind of team does Rivercrest have? I know how Marshall has played stylewise the past few years, but not this season. I figure the same. Rivercrest in the past has been athletic and physical. Thoughts on this game?
Rivercrest start and ends with "Tweet" Chew. He is as quick of guard with the ball in his hands as you will see. He shoots the ugliest shot ever, but cant count the number of buzzer beaters he has hit against us. His shot doesn't get 3 inches above the rim. They have a 6'4" kid, but he spends 80% of the game outside the arc. They will full court press for pace just as much as turnovers. I would stop the drive and make them beat me from the perimenter. O yea and get back on D, they are headed to the offensive end in a hurry. Sometimes will even snowbird the smaller guard. They do not a shot clock, sometime their best weapon is a missed shot and just go get it in a scramble and stick it in. There halfcourt defense does have some holes in the middle, key is to handling guard pressure. As shooter would say, "that'll do."

Radiotalker

Quote from: hawgsroll on February 25, 2015, 10:37:11 am
I would expect an uptempo game. But you never know.  Valley likes to play fast most of the time.  But honestly, they have 10 to 12 players that can play pretty good and they can turn it up fast when they want to.   They can also slow it down and play controlled when they want to.   They have some big players that can play (6'6", 6'6", and 6'3")..  THen if they want to play small, they can do that as well.  I expect Valley to play well and win.   I guess something like 72 to 58....

Even with the loss of 3 starters the Noles will be a handle full. IF they shoot well they could be dangerous. No doubt VS will be the favorite but an Osceola win will not surprise me. I think a high scoring game will favor Osceola.

bulldog42

Head Lion, keep us posted as best you can on the scores tonight, I know the coverage in the gym isn't the best.  I am not sure how many games they are covering but I know that 93.5 will be covering some of the teams from the 1E

Head Lion

Will do dog42, headed that way now.

Head Lion

18-12 Valley Springs girls after 1.

Head Lion

Valley up 43-27, you can tell they played last night & little dead legged.

Head Lion

Radiotalker

Quote from: Head Lion on February 25, 2015, 05:19:51 pm
82-45 final, clock ran last 6:40

Regardless of final score, big step for Osceola's girls program. Long way too go but going in the right direction.

pioneers

If you have Twitter follow region 3 tournament for quarterly updates for scores.

pioneers

Osceola 20
Valley springs 18
End of first boys

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas