• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Region 2 Tournament at Rose Bud

Started by HorseFeathers, February 22, 2015, 07:40:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WPWells

Thanks and I'm sure y'all will be back next year! Honestly I'm not a bad or unreasonable guy, but I will defend my opinions when they're attacked. My opinion is Austin Reaves was not the best player in 3A this particular season, but next year he more than likely will be!

Longfellow

How bout we all just calm down. CR isn't goin to state. That makes them not the second best team. If Reaves is the best, he can prove it next year. Until then, he gets to watch the playoffs from the sidelines.

smallybells

I agree and no one is going to beat that bunch ECS has rounded up in the end, so no need for bickering or hard feelings. There is always next year.

jr17

Mark this down as the first time I agree with smallybells. LOL. Ctucker, if you still want to know, mayflower plays ECS tomorrow at 5:30. ECS by 30+.

Ctucker

I will have to catch all Monday night my weekend to work. But a few of us have made plans to come watch this region Monday. We're only 30 minutes away.

pioneers

Quote from: RedWolf275 on February 28, 2015, 02:44:28 pm
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on February 28, 2015, 01:37:35 pm
Not bashing your son. Tell these "fans" of your team to congratulate Mayflower on their win and move on. Your son is obviously an excellent player. He wouldn't be in this conversation if he wasn't. Just remember y'all aren't in 2A anymore

Oh and your season is over. Move on to baseball. Sorry to be so harsh but that's a fact

pioneers

Not bashing your son. Tell these "fans" of your team to congratulate Mayflower on their win and move on. Your son is obviously an excellent player. He wouldn't be in this conversation if he wasn't. Just remember y'all aren't in 2A anymore

Oh and your season is over. Move on to baseball. Sorry to be so harsh but that's a fact

Don't know about anywhere else but in NEA the 2a-3 is about 4 times tougher than 3A-3.
Idk about that I would say if you took top 4 and seeded them according to the way district played out I would take 3a-3 in 3 of 4
Manila over marked tree
Rivercrest over epc
Earle over Corning
Osceola over bic

Head Lion

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on February 28, 2015, 05:32:24 pm
That's not bashing. That's stating a fact. A good player elevates the play of everyone around him IMO
12th man, can Reeves move & transfer to Manila Monday & suit up Tuesday. We would gladly take him, best of luck to your Tigers.

RedWolf275

Quote from: pioneers on February 28, 2015, 11:02:53 pm

Don't know about anywhere else but in NEA the 2a-3 is about 4 times tougher than 3A-3.
Idk about that I would say if you took top 4 and seeded them according to the way district played out I would take 3a-3 in 3 of 4
Manila over marked tree
Rivercrest over epc
Earle over Corning
Osceola over bic

Last week of regular season scores:
EPC over Osceola 68-64
Marked Tree over Rivercrest 73-61
BIC over Manila 59-42

And nobody from 3a-3 can handle Earle. I would say that is solid evidence.

cdelaney

Quote from: smallybells on February 28, 2015, 06:56:42 pm
I agree and no one is going to beat that bunch ECS has rounded up in the end, so no need for bickering or hard feelings. There is always next year.
Tried to sneak in the "rounded up" there smally but I caught it

PASS

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on February 28, 2015, 05:32:24 pm
That's not bashing. That's stating a fact. A good player elevates the play of everyone around him IMO
Is that a fact, or are you just stating your opinion. You contradict yourself from one sentence to the next. To answer your question, yes a good player makes everyone around him better. That doesn't mean they always win the game. It is a harsh reality that teams like Cedar Ridge can have great seasons but lose that first game at Regionals & everyone piles on them like they had a terrible season. Truth is, that was a tough matchup for ANY 3A team, including Charleston or ECS. Not saying they would lose to Mayflower, but that sure wouldn't be Anyone's first choice as to who they played in that game.

doubled

Quote from: RedWolf275 on March 01, 2015, 07:26:59 am
Quote from: pioneers on February 28, 2015, 11:02:53 pm

Manila over marked tree
Rivercrest over epc
Earle over Corning
Osceola over bic

Last week of regular season scores:
EPC over Osceola 68-64
Marked Tree over Rivercrest 73-61
BIC over Manila 59-42

And nobody from 3a-3 can handle Earle. I would say that is solid evidence.
2a 3 is as tough as it gets I personally think the next 2a state champ will come out of that district.

bdog32

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on February 28, 2015, 12:57:27 pm
Here's my argument: last year Ward put Charleston on his back and scored over 40 points in their state tournament victory over Mayflower. Last night Reaves had a chance to do that same thing, but he didn't do it. If Reaves was as good as Ward, he would have found a way to beat Mayflower and get his team in the tournament
Had reaves been given the chance to play and that one ref hadn't called all 5 of reaves fouls on him (yes same ref gave him all 5) (3 illegal screens 1 block about 10 seconds late and a charge from past half court when other ref was right by the play) he might have scored 40.  I'm not saying cedar would have won but they would have had a better chance had reaves not been on the bench for 6 min of 3rd quarter.  I don't have a dog in the fight but I think cedar got screwed out of this one  especially the reaves kid.   I've always told my kids if someone is always talking about you then they are jealous of you and envious of you. So 12thmanchs keep talking about reaves. You have made it obvious that you are glad that cedar ridge is out so maybe your tigers will now have a chance to advance past the 1st round.   No reason to fear the timberwolves anymore this year

doubled

Quote from: bdog32 on March 01, 2015, 11:25:14 am
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on February 28, 2015, 12:57:27 pm
Here's my argument: last year Ward put Charleston on his back and scored over 40 points in their state tournament victory over Mayflower. Last night Reaves had a chance to do that same thing, but he didn't do it. If Reaves was as good as Ward, he would have found a way to beat Mayflower and get his team in the tournament
Had reaves been given the chance to play and that one ref hadn't called all 5 of reaves fouls on him (yes same ref gave him all 5) (3 illegal screens 1 block about 10 seconds late and a charge from past half court when other ref was right by the play) he might have scored 40.  I'm not saying cedar would have won but they would have had a better chance had reaves not been on the bench for 6 min of 3rd quarter.  I don't have a dog in the fight but I think cedar got screwed out of this one  especially the reaves kid.   I've always told my kids if someone is always talking about you then they are jealous of you and envious of you. So 12thmanchs keep talking about reaves. You have made it obvious that you are glad that cedar ridge is out so maybe your tigers will now have a chance to advance past the 1st round.   No reason to fear the timberwolves anymore this year
well said

Longfellow

I don't think charleston or Lamar or TR or Paris was worried about facing Cedar Ridge. These teams are focused on regionals, not state. And I'm sure Charleston would beat Cedar Ridge. But that don't matter, because they got sent home early

@CurryLegion

WPWells

Yep. I was scared to play a team that isn't going to state. You caught me. Baseball time

brown2010

u and Longfellow talk a lot of bull. the fellow is better than anything u got. when u lose out ur gonna catch heck all day

WPWells

You know where I'm from, right? I'm glad to know that he's so much better than Matthew Ward

You go enjoy baseball too. Both your regular team and your bandwagon team are out

Longfellow

And you obviously don't know much about basketball. If Cedar Ridge was the 2nd best team, and Reaves was the 2nd best player, why aren't they in state?

teachers pet

Harding girls 20 Jessieville girls 15 at half.

teachers pet

Harding 35 Jessieville 27 after 3. Girls

HorseFeathers

anybody from two rivers or charleston ever heard of an upset?? You know those games where a lesser team can combine a little bit of luck with a well executed game plan and beat a better team.... It happens every year....i can understand why someone from two rivers would feel the need to kick a good team that just got beat, but not from charleston.....just my 2 cents

teachers pet

Final. Harding 52 Jessieville 39. Harding advances to finals.

pioneers

Quote from: HF on March 01, 2015, 03:21:33 pm
anybody from two rivers or charleston ever heard of an upset?? You know those games where a lesser team can combine a little bit of luck with a well executed game plan and beat a better team.... It happens every year....i can understand why someone from two rivers would feel the need to kick a good team that just got beat, but not from charleston.....just my 2 cents
Happened twice in the region at manila when manila beat flippin and valley springs on paper both teams should've beat manila by double digits but manila played harder and executed better at the end of the game against both teams.

WPWells

I have no problem with Cedar Ridge or anyone from there. My issue is when fans make excuses about the refs and such and try to make their players and their season something it wasn't

Radiotalker

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on March 01, 2015, 03:40:15 pm
I have no problem with Cedar Ridge or anyone from there. My issue is when fans make excuses about the refs and such and try to make their players and their season something it wasn't

So if they don't make the state tourney their season wasn't anything?

WPWells

neds

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on March 01, 2015, 03:40:15 pm

I'm going to keep this post handy

iliveformarch

Don't worry, Clarendon would beat Charleston... and Junction City would have handled them in football.

@CurryLegion

WPWells

Neds, if you're saying I whine about the refs and blame them for losses then I think you should go reread last year's state championship thread

Iliveformarch I don't guess that matters, does it? Charleston still gets rings no matter if JC would've handled us or not

jr17

I've seen ward and Reaves play. I'm going to take Ward on my team if I were to choose.

WPWells

HF just told me that some of my posts are making me come off as a jerk, and for that I apologize, I'm sorry if I was a little harsh or if I offended anyone. I think Reaves is an excellent player

bb1996

teachers pet

neds

teachers pet

neds

Wow, great job X2 for BHG. They are playing well when it matters the most

neds

Jessieville is going to be a bad draw for someone higher seeded out of the other region

teachers pet

Winner of region 2 Monday has to turn around and play Tuesday while 2-4 seeds don't play until Wednesday. Extra day's rest would be nice !

Ctucker

On 2a board they said 2a state has been moved back  a day starts on Wensday.3A still a go for Tuesday and were is 3A state being played at.

neds

Quote from: bootlegger on March 01, 2015, 05:15:32 pm
Quote from: neds on March 01, 2015, 05:10:20 pm
Final?
was this the finals in this region

Monday , will be Benton Harmony Grove vs winner of Mayflower vs ECS tonight

Ponca

Quote from: neds on March 01, 2015, 05:14:48 pm
Jessieville is going to be a bad draw for someone higher seeded out of the other region

They're banged up. Two starters out with injuries

neds

neds

cdelaney

Quote from: neds on March 01, 2015, 07:29:52 pm
ECS up 15 in 4th vs Mayflower
75-45 final.  Was 21 pt lead when starters benched at 3 minutes left

neds

rbhs8990

Schedule for Monday March 2nd @ Rose Bud
Girls Finals - Harding Academy v. Perryville @ 1:00
Boys Final - Benton Harmony Grove v. Episcopal Collegiate @ 2:15