• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Monta Thomas is the Real Deal

Started by flawlessthoughts, October 09, 2015, 05:29:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

flawlessthoughts

If you haven't witnessed him play you need the pleasure.The kid can do it all at a high level on the offensive side of the ball.. He's a one man show for the Hermitage Hermits.

bdubyab60

Yawn. Another thread on Monta Thomas

HorseFeathers

Doesn't matter what the kid does....with a defense giving up 80 points a game they're going nowhere fast

bdubyab60

I'm sure he's fun to watch. But this might be the third thread on him. Not to mention each 2A best running back thread and every game thread Hermitage is involved in. JS

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Never heard of this montra Thomas,  who is she?😨

Chosen1

U put him on any of the other top Teams and no one could stay close to them but his talent is being wasted in hermitage

WPWells

flawlessthoughts

Quote from: Chosen1 on October 09, 2015, 08:38:11 am
U put him on any of the other top Teams and no one could stay close to them but his talent is being wasted in hermitage
I'm gonna ignore the ignorance from the rejects. I agree with you whole heartedly. The kid can really get it done. I would love to see him in an offense that includes a few more playmakers. We've yet to see the best of him.

Chosen1

He is the best player in 2a and is only a junior if had just a little more help he could do what Dixon did by single handily winning the state title

flawlessthoughts

Quote from: Chosen1 on October 09, 2015, 09:41:22 am
He is the best player in 2a and is only a junior if had just a little more help he could do what Dixon did by single handily winning the state title
I agree!! Some of these guys refuse to give the kid the credit he deserves because he's not on their team. He's worthy!

AirWarren

Lionbro20

Hold yalls horses Kenneth Dixon is on a whole different level than this guy, lol now if y'all are from herm-town I can imagine y'all thinking this illusion but again that's not possible

Chosen1

As a junior no he isn't they are on a level playing field Dixon really picked it up his senior year which is mainly why people remember him but if u out monta in the same situation as Dixon he would produce just like Dixon if he had a better surrounding team if u have actually watched him u could see that

Lionbro20

What is monta size and speed? And Kenneth didn't really have a great line to run behind

AirWarren

Dixon carried his team to a state title.

Hermitage is getting 80 dropped on them weekly.

Totally different animal.

Chosen1

Dixon had tons more help u act as if Dixon was the leading tackler on D as well

Lionbro20

Dixon led offensive and defensive so until monta does that, they are compared, and I don't see much changing next year

Chosen1

Quote from: Lionbro20 on October 09, 2015, 10:13:44 am
What is monta size and speed? And Kenneth didn't really have a great line to run behind

I say around 6' and close to 200 but he has good speed if not 4.4 then pretty close and Dixon had a better line than what people remember

flawlessthoughts

Quote from: Lionbro20 on October 09, 2015, 10:13:44 am
Around 6'0 195 he's a legit 4.4 to 4.5 guy. He came in 2nd at state last year in the 100 meter dash.

WPWells

flawlessthoughts

Quote from: Chosen1 on October 09, 2015, 10:17:15 am
Dixon had tons more help u act as if Dixon was the leading tackler on D as well
Great Point!! Just so happens Monta is leading Hermitage in tackles.

Chosen1

Quote from: Lionbro20 on October 09, 2015, 10:17:44 am
Dixon led offensive and defensive so until monta does that, they are compared, and I don't see much changing next year

No a kid last name Gatson led that strong D he was number 10 and a line backer strong played Dixon on the back end but gatson was the guy on D

flawlessthoughts

Quote from: AirWarren on October 09, 2015, 10:14:34 am

That 80 getting dropped reminds me of another team in Bradley County.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: Chosen1 on October 09, 2015, 08:38:11 am

If you put me on any of the top teams in the state, no one could stay close to us either.....especially Hermitage with their D giving up so many points!!
;D ;D ;D ;D

bdubyab60

Quote from: flawlessthoughts on October 09, 2015, 10:25:30 am

Yeah but that 50 in a quarter though

flawlessthoughts

Quote from: bdubyab60 on October 09, 2015, 10:42:49 am

Yeah but that 50 in a quarter though
80 is 80 no matter when nor how it was scored when the clock hit 0.

heavyhittaz_7

BigLion10

Quote from: Chosen1 on October 09, 2015, 10:20:25 am
Quote from: Lionbro20 on October 09, 2015, 10:17:44 am

No a kid last name Gatson led that strong D he was number 10 and a line backer strong played Dixon on the back end but gatson was the guy on D
Arriun Gaston is Dixons brother so it's in his genes lol. He was a heckuva backer for the dogs

flawlessthoughts

mastermind10

Though Dixon was more rugged and lover of contact, Thomas is one of the most athletically blessed kids out there.  Not really a good comparison with Dixon.  Good enough to be a gamechanger in a different environment.

Chosen1

Style is different but ability to carry a team is the same

tacklethis...

Quote from: Chosen1 on October 09, 2015, 09:41:22 am

I disagree. Does he play defense? How many tackles?

Can't put him above Harville, he plays almost every down and he may be a better tackler than running back...

Chosen1

Yes he plays D he leads the team in tackles rushing receiving and would lead in passing if he could pass to himself

Proud Buckaroo

Monta Stats:

Rushing: 67 carries for 590 yards.
Receiving:    24 catches for 428 yards.
Kick off returns: 1 carry for 70 yards.
Punt returns: 5 carries for 125 yards.
One interception for 23 yards.

Tackles:

11 solo.
9 assist.

BigLion10

Sure will look good in purple and gold next year :D

Chosen1

BigLion10

Chosen1

I don't go the trailer moved in in three creeks ur behind

RiverEagle079

Just the first guy on the who is the best RB in the 2A thread
Tre'Darius Burks' Football Stats
Var 15-16
Total Rushing Yards
Average Rushing Yards
Carries
Rushing Yards Per Game
Rushing TDs
Total TDs

flawlessthoughts

Quote from: RiverEagle079 on October 09, 2015, 05:23:27 pm
Just the first guy on the who is the best RB in the 2A thread
Tre'Darius Burks' Football Stats
Var 15-16
Total Rushing Yards
Average Rushing Yards
Carries
Rushing Yards Per Game
Rushing TDs
Total TDs
Great stats running the ball but we are looking at all phases from the running back position. Monta can run it, catch it and block well. I'm not exactly sure how many TDs he have but I'm sure it nearly double those of Burkes.

RiverEagle079

October 09, 2015, 08:02:24 pm #40 Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 08:04:30 pm by RiverEagle079
I have no fight in it I  am from DA we have three backs over three hundred Conway with 515 (plus what he gets tonight) Colt Covington (318) and Trey Lee (369) we have a serious backfield

dc24

Quote from: HF on October 09, 2015, 06:26:55 am
Doesn't matter what the kid does....with a defense giving up 80 points a game they're going nowhere fast

I'm not one to defend Hermitage much, but I don't think the original poster was claiming they Hermits were going to win the state championship.

The kid is good though, really good, and I'd say he's in the same conversation with Dixon.  He doesn't get as much respect because his team isn't very good at all, but he is the real deal.  Hopefully he will get a chance to play Division I ball somewhere.  One of the most ignorant things a person can do on this board is write a kid off because of where he's from.  The kid can play and he will get noticed.  He may be hampered a bit by playing at Hermitage, but hopefully that isn't the case.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: dc24 on October 09, 2015, 08:19:47 pm

I'm not one to defend Hermitage much, but I don't think the original poster was claiming they Hermits were going to win the state championship.

The kid is good though, really good, and I'd say he's in the same conversation with Dixon.  He doesn't get as much respect because his team isn't very good at all, but he is the real deal.  Hopefully he will get a chance to play Division I ball somewhere.  One of the most ignorant things a person can do on this board is write a kid off because of where he's from.  The kid can play and he will get noticed.  He may be hampered a bit by playing at Hermitage, but hopefully that isn't the case.

Dixon was the team the only time I got to see him in person...he almost brought strong all the way back from twenty down at magazine the ye ar they won state....

dc24

Quote from: HF on October 09, 2015, 08:21:19 pm

Dixon was the team the only time I got to see him in person...he almost brought strong all the way back from twenty down at magazine the ye ar they won state....

I know Strong has been in some tough situations in the past, but knowing what I know about Hermitage, I'd say Hermitage is in a much worse situation.  And I stopped shy of saying he was/is better than Dixon, just that he deserves to be in the conversation.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: dc24 on October 09, 2015, 08:23:27 pm
Quote from: HF on October 09, 2015, 08:21:19 pm

I know Strong has been in some tough situations in the past, but knowing what I know about Hermitage, I'd say Hermitage is in a much worse situation.  And I stopped shy of saying he was/is better than Dixon, just that he deserves to be in the conversation.

I'm not one for watching film but if they finish 5th in their conference I'll give ya an opinion of him in week 11

AirWarren

Difference is the other team in Bradley County is the only team in Bradley County that is relevant.

AirWarren

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 09, 2015, 05:06:36 pm
Monta Stats:

Rushing: 67 carries for 590 yards.
Receiving:    24 catches for 428 yards.
Kick off returns: 1 carry for 70 yards.
Punt returns: 5 carries for 125 yards.
One interception for 23 yards.

Tackles:

11 solo.
9 assist.

2-3 in 2015. Probably going to be 2-4 after tonight.

Since 2001, won 36 games. Lost 129.

Proud Buckaroo

They are still 2-3. They didn't play this week. Took a week off.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas