• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Opinions are welcome...

Started by whoknows, October 07, 2015, 09:14:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

whoknows

I'm sure most of you by now know about the situation at Ashdown with the praying...with that being said...I really like what those kids, players, fans, and even refs did last Friday...meeting at midfield before the game and praying together...in my personal opinion I think it would be awesome if this really became something that happened every week at all the schools...what do you fellow Fearless Fridians think?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Des arc forms a huge prayer circle at the end of every game, most times the opposing team and fans join in.

bigworm

whoknows

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 07, 2015, 09:17:11 pm
Des arc forms a huge prayer circle at the end of every game, most times the opposing team and fans join in.

Dierks somewhat does the same...just normally the opposing team doesn't join them...just something about doing it before the game that is more intriguing to me...

beach bum

October 07, 2015, 09:20:47 pm #4 Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 09:26:26 pm by beach bum
I am very secular but I think these things are great. I see it as more than a per say "religious" thing. I really think its a great showing of unity in life thing and showing support for one another as human beings. I know when Prairie Grove and Huntsville played they came together before the game and had a prayer/moment of silence in the middle of the field, whatever you want to call it because a principal I believe at Prairie Grove as a child with cancer and a girl at Hunstville died in a wreck that week. I think its a sign of unity that we are all going through struggles in life and we should unify, not divide. I don't see what's the problem and why people get offended. No one forces anyone to pray. If people want to pray let them do what they want and be happy. I am always happy to join in prayer because its a way to unify with other people for a cause. There is something powerful in sharing tough times with others for support.

whoknows

Quote from: beach bum on October 07, 2015, 09:20:47 pm
I am very secular but I think these things are great. I see it as more than a per say "religious" thing. I really think its a great showing of unity in life thing and showing support for one another as human beings. I know when Prairie Grove and Huntsville played they came together before the game and had a prayer/moment of silence in the middle of the field, whatever you want to call it because a principal I believe at Prairie Grove as a child with cancer and a girl at Hunstville died in a wreck that week. I think its a sign of unity that we are all going through struggles in life and we should unify, not divide. I don't see what's the problem and why people get offended.

That's a great definition of the situation...I completely agree...

HorseFeathers

I see it quite a bit at small school basketball games...even if it's just a recitation of the Lord's Prayer, it's just great to see the unity....

WPWells

It makes me happy that people can still recite the Lord's Prayer

Ventman

Quote from: whoknows on October 07, 2015, 09:14:05 pm
I'm sure most of you by now know about the situation at Ashdown with the praying...with that being said...I really like what those kids, players, fans, and even refs did last Friday...meeting at midfield before the game and praying together...in my personal opinion I think it would be awesome if this really became something that happened every week at all the schools...what do you fellow Fearless Fridians think?
Theres power in prayer, we need more!! I totally agree with you whoknows!

Hornet4ever

I think prayer is great. If you don't believe in the power of prayer I hope you find some because it helps me with everyday things. God is good. All the time.

Lionbro20

All the time God is good, I agree with it, back in my day I lead the prayer in the locker room before the game, as a senior

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Lionbro20 on October 07, 2015, 10:47:45 pm
All the time God is good, I agree with it, back in my day I lead the prayer in the locker room before the game, as a senior

We prayed before every game and after every game no matter win or loss. Praise God when we lost and when we won. Just thankful for health and another night of football.

MomaLion

We have a led prayer before every football game and after our girls basketball games we say the Lord's Prayer...i'm all for it.

mtindian42

big E

The people that wanted prayer out of schools should stay away from schools. Our children need prayer more than ever in this crazy world.

dragondad

I think it a great thing and I'd love to see this take place in Junction City. Our players pray but not a coming together on the field with others as I've seen elsewhere.

brown2010

we pray before and after n mccrory

Chosen1

I wish more schools would go out of their way to do these type of things. It was nice to see it last year when des arc played against jc. That was the biggest prayer circle I have seen to date.

beach bum

October 08, 2015, 08:32:43 am #18 Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 08:37:52 am by beach bum
One thing I know is when they have moments of silence or prayer before a game about an issue in the community it allows for awareness to be made for a cause such as I know in a game in a neighboring town that didn't even involve Prairie Grove in the game going on with the boy with cancer from Prairie Grove they had a moment of silence before the game and then at halftime raised $1,200 for his family. I can't imagine how much money they are raising actually at Prairie Grove games for his family by coming together and letting the cause be known like that. I love seeing those stories. I know communities around the state do similar things as well. Its great.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

At des arc we also pray before the game, will have a local pastor,  usually a different one each week, bless the game, players and fans. But if you haven't witnessed the prayer circle at the end of the game. Just come to des arc and stay till the end, when hazen comes to town in a couple weeks, that one will be LARGE. 

Big Cat Daddy

We pray the Glory down at Hector to. Sometimes I even get to do the prayer ;) To God be all the Glory great things he hath done!

BLUEBLOOD

After every high school and tournament softball game, the players & coaches shake hands and then both teams gather at the pitcher's circle to say the Lords prayer.  It is a great show of respect and sportsmanship as well as giving thanks & honor to the one who allows it.

I don't believe in forcing religion on anyone, but I thank God that I live in an area where we pray over the PA system before football games at home games and so far at every away game as well.  It's not like that everywhere and it can be taken away. 

Lions84

It nice to see things like this.  We still have a hand shake line after the game.

MomaLion

I remember a few years back a visiting player had gotten seriously injured during the game and air lifted from the field..both stands emptied out and we had a huge prayer for that young player right then and there...it was very moving.

bdubyab60

EPC was threatened with a law suit if we didn't stop prayer before games a few years back. We now have a moment of silence before the start of the game and the players pray after the game.

One thing I've never understood. Yes it may be a law but why, WHY would you not want someone to pray for the health of the players before a game. Why stop it?

#1wildcatfan

That is one reason I LOVE our little school here in Rison. We pray before the game, our boys pray before they run through the sign, and we pray in a big circle around the boys after the game. Not to mention some of our run through signs have a bible verse on them. If you don't have God you don't have anything!

Hollerboy79

Most of the time it's one loud voice that gets "offended" that wants to put an end to what's been done for years. Not only is praying before, during and after these games important, but it teaches our kids, our future leaders to pray as well. If you don't stand for something you'll fall for anything.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: bdubyab60 on October 09, 2015, 06:30:52 am
EPC was threatened with a law suit if we didn't stop prayer before games a few years back. We now have a moment of silence before the start of the game and the players pray after the game.

One thing I've never understood. Yes it may be a law but why, WHY would you not want someone to pray for the health of the players before a game. Why stop it?

Some people can't stand the fact of people believing or expressing their feelings toward a supernatural being. It's hard for them to understand even if they did want to try to understand. So all they can do is complain, they feel obligated because of their stance on the subject. Atheist spend their whole lives trying to dispute something they technically don't even believe in. It's a sad deal, I just hope they come to find God. Because I promise, a life without God is a tough life. I've been there. Nobody needs God when things are going smooth but when things go down hill everyone looks toward him. Why not look for him all the time? Good and bad.

Hollerboy79

Quote from: Hornet4ever on October 09, 2015, 09:44:58 am

Some people can't stand the fact of people believing or expressing their feelings toward a supernatural being. It's hard for them to understand even if they did want to try to understand. So all they can do is complain, they feel obligated because of their stance on the subject. Atheist spend their whole lives trying to dispute something they technically don't even believe in. It's a sad deal, I just hope they come to find God. Because I promise, a life without God is a tough life. I've been there. Nobody needs God when things are going smooth but when things go down hill everyone looks toward him. Why not look for him all the time? Good and bad.
+1

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: Hornet4ever on October 09, 2015, 09:44:58 am

What I can't understand is where our country went down this path.  That's a whole other discussion, but on this topic:  if I don't agree with something, why would I feel that I need to make others stop what they believe in.  I believe in God and I believe in prayer.  But I also respect others for what they believe in.  As long as it doesn't violate my rights, then I'm all for them doing what they believe in.  If they don't want to pray, don't pray. 

The US has become a crazy place in my lifetime.  In the end "every eye shall see and every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess".  But until then, we who believe must keep believing.

Everyone enjoy a great Friday night.  Be safe in travels and good health to all the players.  The Lord has blessed us in so many ways.....win, lose or draw!!!

MTINDIANFAN

It is a great thing as long as other religions are granted the same opportunity. I can just see a big stink if a Muslim lays their prayer blanket down and face Mecca and prays. How dare they.

cav2012

Quote from: MTINDIANFAN on October 09, 2015, 11:19:06 am
It is a great thing as long as other religions are granted the same opportunity. I can just see a big stink if a Muslim lays their prayer blanket down and face Mecca and prays. How dare they.
bingo bango I prefer just the moments of silence

mackhornet

We pray every time the kids hit the field and so thankful that after every practice and game, our Coach leads with the Lord's prayer. There is power in prayer and power in the blood. Thankful for a praying school and all that join us!

cuz

The leaders of the school need to grow a pair and have prayer before every game or function. This country was founded on In a God We Trust so it's about time to start doing it!!!!

MTINDIANFAN

Quote from: cuz on October 09, 2015, 01:16:42 pm
The leaders of the school need to grow a pair and have prayer before every game or function. This country was founded on In a God We Trust so it's about time to start doing it!!!!
You might want to read up on your history.

http://www.treasury.gov/about/education/Pages/in-god-we-trust.aspx

cuz

Quote from: MTINDIANFAN on October 09, 2015, 03:25:05 pm

History is fine Indian, my point being everything about this country was founded on God from oaths in the military to the pledge of allegiance and all other things. But don't mind you pointing that out people see it every day, easy to relate to...

dragondad

Let them file suit, who's going to force them to pay, the state? What if the state refused? Who then, the feds? What if the federal government refused, who would force them?   Put the right people in office in this country and this all becomes a non-issue.

whoknows

Quote from: dragondad on October 09, 2015, 04:09:04 pm
Let them file suit, who's going to force them to pay, the state? What if the state refused? Who then, the feds? What if the federal government refused, who would force them?   Put the right people in office in this country and this all becomes a non-issue.
I completely agree with this

bdubyab60

Founded or not this is a Christian nation. I see no problem with someone saying a prayer over the teams before a game. Simple standing prayer and if your in the stands pray whatever you want to pray.

The law says no school lead prayer or something like that. IMO some gu yvolunteering his time to do some announcing in his off time is not a school offcial and therefore the law shouldnt apply in these cases.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: bdubyab60 on October 09, 2015, 04:55:35 pm

Founded or not this is a Christian nation. I see no problem with someone saying a prayer over the teams before a game. Simple standing prayer and if your in the stands pray whatever you want to pray.

The law says no school lead prayer or something like that. IMO some gu yvolunteering his time to do some announcing in his off time is not a school offcial and therefore the law shouldnt apply in these cases.

Some folks are offended by folks praying to something they don't believe in...oh well...guess they can continue their social event while the folks pray lol

whoknows

Some people just start crap and complain because they don't have anything better to do...not because they believe differently...

dragondad

I love it when an Atheist says the phrase "your God" or "your sky daddy", etc.    My immediate response is normally, "so, you're a fraud".   Just once I'd like to have my camera ready to snap a pic of the expression.

Hornet4ever

I'd rather live by the point that there is no God to find out there is, then to not live by him and found out there is. Just my opinion..... I think I can get some hallelujahs on this one too.

dragondad

Quote from: Hornet4ever on October 09, 2015, 06:32:57 pm
I'd rather live by the point that there is a God and find out there isn't, then to not live by him and found out there is. Just my opinion..... I think I can get some hallelujahs on this one too.

FIFY

Pick_DA_EAGLES

I'd rather live by the point that there is no God to find out there is, then to not live by him and found out there is. Just my opinion..... I think I can get some hallelujahs on this one too.

Kinda like carrying a gun and never needing it, versus not carrying it and needing it once.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 10, 2015, 01:06:04 am

Kinda like carrying a gun and never needing it, versus not carrying it and needing it once.

Great minds think alike.

mtindian42

October 10, 2015, 10:19:37 pm #47 Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 10:21:09 pm by mtindian42
its a shame that pepole blame God instead of claim him...one life, one soul,one chance. And eternity. Is forever... That's why the lords coming is called the great and dreadful day... Great for the belivers... But, dreadful for the non belivers...and wich ever anyone is... Is there own fault... Not gods!!! John 3:16 was for all men...that's my 2 cents...

cav2012

Hornet4ever

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas