• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Des Arc thoughts.

Started by Austin.Sutton, October 06, 2015, 11:37:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: THA ROCK on October 07, 2015, 01:08:36 pm
That cause the rock hasn't tried to get under ur skin cause u definitely don't smell what the rock is cooking!!!'

You possess no power to get "under my skin". As for smelling what you are cooking, I will pass.

FootballDude02

big E

THA ROCK

The rock is cooking up some pie. Do you know what the rocks favorite kinda of pie is?

JimmyTiger2001

THA ROCK must really be that THA TRUTH guy.. Lol

big E

Quote from: THA ROCK on October 07, 2015, 02:39:57 pm
The rock is cooking up some pie. Do you know what the rocks favorite kinda of pie is?
my guess would be whatever pie you could shoplift.

THA ROCK

Ok that was a pretty horrible attempt

big E

Ok I guessed wrong not the first time.

Jabroney

Outloud

Your godly knowledge of hazen athletics is more than we know. Live in hazen and havent heard anything, maybe i should ask more questions!!!!!!!! And no need to let gps steer the tractor so you can type a reply!! Heck, you gonna end up in the creek!!( and dont say it cant happen, i know someone that fell asleep when gps took the wheel and ended up in tailwater recovery ditch!!)

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Outloud on October 07, 2015, 05:28:33 pm
Your godly knowledge of hazen athletics is more than we know. Live in hazen and havent heard anything, maybe i should ask more questions!!!!!!!! And no need to let gps steer the tractor so you can type a reply!! Heck, you gonna end up in the creek!!( and dont say it cant happen, i know someone that fell asleep when gps took the wheel and ended up in tailwater recovery ditch!!)

I haven't fell asleep yet, but I know someone who crossed a big ditch and was in the highway before he got it shut down.

I know people on the inside. I will be in hazen after while.

brown2010

my thoughts on da is there playing for 2nd in conference. but good luck to all 6 in state

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: brown2010 on October 07, 2015, 05:52:29 pm
my thoughts on da is there playing for 2nd in conference. but good luck to all 6 in state

Of course we are, we had more than one opportunity to beat mccrory on the scoreboard too, and didn't capitalize on them.

cav2012

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 07, 2015, 09:34:42 am
Quote from: CaptainSwarm25 on October 07, 2015, 09:27:39 am
No, like DA making it to the third round. Just because they made it there doesn't mean they were a good team. Not saying we were the best ever either. But we did at least make it to the title game without breaking records of being beaten. (60-0)

They still got the same trophy yall got, it says runners up.
coming from an extremely biased hazen fan. I would've still loved to be on that da team. Losing to a jc team full of d1 is nothing to be ashamed of. That runner up trophy is still pretty dang nice to have

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: cav2012 on October 07, 2015, 06:22:19 pm
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 07, 2015, 09:34:42 am
Quote from: CaptainSwarm25 on October 07, 2015, 09:27:39 am
No, like DA making it to the third round. Just because they made it there doesn't mean they were a good team. Not saying we were the best ever either. But we did at least make it to the title game without breaking records of being beaten. (60-0)

They still got the same trophy yall got, it says runners up.
coming from an extremely biased hazen fan. I would've still loved to be on that da team. Losing to a jc team full of d1 is nothing to be ashamed of. That runner up trophy is still pretty dang nice to have

And des arc has collected 2 at the hands of j.c. but the 08 game had college talent allover the field for both teams.

HorseFeathers

So tell me pick...Would you rather lose like you did in '08(Wasn't it the miracle hurry up field goal that season?), or like you did in '13, and know that the game is over after Junction City's first 5 plays.?

Pick_DA_EAGLES

October 07, 2015, 07:07:40 pm #66 Last Edit: October 07, 2015, 07:09:46 pm by pick_DA_EAGLES
Quote from: HF on October 07, 2015, 06:56:56 pm
So tell me pick...Would you rather lose like you did in '08(Wasn't it the miracle hurry up field goal that season?), or like you did in '13, and know that the game is over after Junction City's first 5 plays.?

As you know it wasn't on either team, but as a fan. 08 was a terrible feeling, knowing we were only 1 first down, or one stop or 7 seconds away from winning. Both of those teams were very evenly matched and it was a great game. 

The 13 game, as i said after the game, those kids were playing WAY above their talent levels they were playing for someone. I knew we really didn't have a chance, then when j.c. scored so quickly I think that the emotions they had been carrying after the accident, ran out. Now I do not think j.c. was 60 points better than us. That d.a. team was a special group of kids, they overcame a lot that season.

Said all that to say, I would rather lose 60-0

But either way,  we beat everyone else that got in the way.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 07, 2015, 07:07:40 pm

As you know it wasn't on either team, but as a fan. 08 was a terrible feeling, knowing we were only 1 first down, or one stop or 7 seconds away from winning. Both of those teams were very evenly matched and it was a great game. 

The 13 game, as i said after the game, those kids were playing WAY above their talent levels they were playing for someone. I knew we really didn't have a chance, then when j.c. scored so quickly I think that the emotions they had been carrying after the accident, ran out. Now I do not think j.c. was 60 points better than us. That d.a. team was a special group of kids, they overcame a lot that season.

I think I'd agree with you in your situation....60-0...There aren't any what if this, what if that....that's a wow, we sure did get our butts kicked..

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: HF on October 07, 2015, 07:23:01 pm
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 07, 2015, 07:07:40 pm

I think I'd agree with you in your situation....60-0...There aren't any what if this, what if that....that's a wow, we sure did get our butts kicked..

Yea, there was no, man I should have punted.

But I will go out on a limb and say that our present coach gets us back to the title game between now and 18. If he does, that will be 3 trips with 3 different coaches, in a day were everyone says a coach has to stay around forever to make it.

green-eagle

Quote from: purplehajj on October 07, 2015, 11:01:09 am
Yall lay off pick we can't help he wears that ugly green

this coming from a pure-purple scrapperHornet!......

don't go hating on the green, because its Hazen second favorite color!

RiverEagle079

If McCrory plays a bad game against Brinkley or Carlisle it could be DA taking the 1 spot we just got to get by those hornets which bug spray is rather cheap these days.  ;D

HorseFeathers

Quote from: RiverEagle079 on October 08, 2015, 05:36:03 pm
If McCrory plays a bad game against Brinkley or Carlisle it could be DA taking the 1 spot we just got to get by those hornets which bug spray is rather cheap these days.  ;D

You'd need Carlisle to win out for this to happen, which would put Des Arc, Carlisle, and McCrory into a tiebreaker, bottom in points falls to third, and 2 left go to head-to-head tie breaker...

RiverEagle079

So your saying if the Mac loses to Brinkley this week that would make us still second place I don't get it

HorseFeathers

Current Standings for top teams in 2A-6
McCrory 4-0--Playoff Pts 41  Already beat Hazen and Des Arc
Des Arc 3-1 PPTS--30 Already Beat Carlisle Lost to McCrory
Hazen 2-1 ----PPTS  26---Lost to McCrory
Carlisle 2-1------PPTS 19-Lost to Des ARc

Basically the only scenario that sees Des Arc taking the 1 seed, is Carlisle beats McCrory(by at least 11), and the Bison max out their playoff points the rest of the way, and Des ARc maxing out their playoff points the rest of the way.

That would end with
Carlisle 7-1 82 PPTS
mcCrory 7-1 81 PPTS
Des ARc 7-1 85 PPTS

Tie Breaker rules for a 3 way tie, go by Playoff points FIRST. That would drop McCrory to the 3 seed.

That leaves Des Arc and Carlisle, the tie breaker for 2 teams, is head to head...Des Arc beat Carlisle by 4 a couple weeks ago..

So...that would give us
1. Des Arc
2. Carlisle
3. McCrory

That's the only way Des Arc ties McCrory in the standings and takes the 1 seed, Hazen and Brinkley beating McCrory does nothing for Des Arc as far as breaking a tie with mcCrory goes..

RiverEagle079

brown2010

no explaining hf that's not gonna happen. we WILLNOT LOSE 2 games

RiverEagle079

sure you will one to Brinkley tonight and one at state against DA

HorseFeathers

Quote from: brown2010 on October 08, 2015, 07:13:01 pm
no explaining hf that's not gonna happen. we WILLNOT LOSE 2 games

My explanation didn't involve McCrory losing two games....

BrianfromCarlisle

Highly unlikely scenario. But that is spot on HF.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Outloud on October 07, 2015, 05:28:33 pm

You have a Karma of +5/-89 ouch.

RiverEagle079

DA gets the better ride as number two anyways IMO

dragonpride27

Will see how the eagle flys against a big and fast 8 2 a team..get em bdogs

RiverEagle079

big and fast<bigger and just as fast

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Just met the strong bus headed into town.

Ventman

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas