• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

JC Westside @ LR Fair

Started by Hornet4ever, October 05, 2015, 11:16:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hornet4ever

So. Westside who is already a team that is struggling is playing a 5A team Friday night. I know Fair isn't Camden Fairview or something. But I don't understand this.

whoknows

Hornet4ever

groundgame

It's not a JV. Westside thought they might have a chance at the playoffs this year and had the opportunity to play them to help get ready for the speed they would see in the playoffs. Win or lose this will only help them get prepared.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: groundgame on October 07, 2015, 11:12:51 am
It's not a JV. Westside thought they might have a chance at the playoffs this year and had the opportunity to play them to help get ready for the speed they would see in the playoffs. Win or lose this will only help them get prepared.

Can't disagree with this. Should be a tough one though.

HerbertWalker

Has anyone watched LR Fair this year? Does JC Westside have a real chance to win this game?

HorseFeathers

LR Fair is 0-5...Having scored a grand total of 21 points on the year...

They've Lost to:
4A Subiaco Academy
6A LR Parkview
7A Cabot
5A Jacksonville
5A Sylvan Hills

HerbertWalker

Quote from: HF on October 07, 2015, 06:46:42 pm

They've Lost to:
4A Subiaco Academy
6A LR Parkview
7A Cabot
5A Jacksonville
5A Sylvan Hills

Well, that schedule is not exactly a walk in the park. It's always interesting when teams play out of their classification. Thanks for the info!

AT

This will be Fair's homecoming. I think both teams are getting camo uniforms for this game because it's the National Guard game, so that's great for the kids.

This will be the most speed Westside has seen in a team this year, maybe ever. Doesn't hurt to play more games and not have a week off. 

WPWells

Quote from: HerbertWalker on October 07, 2015, 06:52:10 pm

They've Lost to:
4A Subiaco Academy
6A LR Parkview
7A Cabot
5A Jacksonville
5A Sylvan Hills

Well, that schedule is not exactly a walk in the park. It's always interesting when teams play out of their classification. Thanks for the info!

Did you notice Subiaco Academy on there?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Almatrackster on October 07, 2015, 06:56:40 pm
This will be Fair's homecoming. I think both teams are getting camo uniforms for this game because it's the National Guard game, so that's great for the kids.

This will be the most speed Westside has seen in a team this year, maybe ever. Doesn't hurt to play more games and not have a week off. 

Pictures or the camo uni's didn't happen :D....Anyway, Kudos to Westside, even an 0-5 5A team is a huge step for a 2A school...

AT

I'm hoping to see some pictures of them, HF.

Hornet4ever

LR Fair will be tough for Westide. A lot of speed they arent used to seeing.

AT

Quote from: Hornet4ever on October 07, 2015, 07:02:23 pm
LR Fair will be tough for Westide. A lot of speed they arent used to seeing.

Agreed.

HerbertWalker

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on October 07, 2015, 06:57:30 pm
Quote from: HerbertWalker on October 07, 2015, 06:52:10 pm

They've Lost to:
4A Subiaco Academy
6A LR Parkview
7A Cabot
5A Jacksonville
5A Sylvan Hills

Did you notice Subiaco Academy on there?

I did. Playing the others doesn't sound like a lot of fun, at least from a 2A perspective.

Quote from: Almatrackster on October 07, 2015, 06:56:40 pm

I hope this happens. The fans and athletes alike will enjoy it.

mtindian42

You would like to see them beat fair... But, like hornet said, fair will have to much speed...

Hornet4ever

Quote from: mtindian42 on October 07, 2015, 07:08:44 pm
You would like to see them beat fair... But, like hornet said, fair will have to much speed...

A bad 5A team is playing a terrible 2A team. The numbers don't add in favor for west side.

groundgame

Westside pulled off a huge upset beating fair 16-8, kids played lights out

Hornet4ever

Quote from: groundgame on October 09, 2015, 09:45:26 pm
Westside pulled off a huge upset beating fair 16-8, kids played lights out

Holy crap

WPWells

WPWells

wiseguy

Westside is the (DARK HORSE) of the 2a4 :o

WPWells

Quote from: wiseguy on October 09, 2015, 10:10:04 pm

Nope. Fair is just awful. If not for WYC and Decatur they might be the worst team in the state

wiseguy

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on October 09, 2015, 10:13:41 pm

Nope. Fair is just awful. If not for WYC and Decatur they might be the worst team in the state
How can Fair be that bad? UNBELIEVABLE  ???

AT

Big win for Westside. They have a short turn around to play Dardanelle's JV on Tuesday and then a big break until they play Magazine at home the next Friday.

Big Cat Daddy

BigLion10

October 09, 2015, 10:27:20 pm #26 Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 10:48:03 pm by BigLion10
Called it too

lionfan59

x14113

Expect this to go down as one of the biggest wins in Westside football.

Even if it does expose the awful truth about Class 5A...

Seriously, the game ball will be displayed front and center and the legends born from this night will be passed down for generations. It'll be that big.

beach bum

October 10, 2015, 12:40:53 am #29 Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 12:43:41 am by beach bum
Looking at the 4 seed with a non conference win to boot to get them to a 5-4 regular season since the game against Dardy JV technically won't go on the schedule W-L record.... not too shabby for JC Westside.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: x14113 on October 10, 2015, 12:38:44 am
Expect this to go down as one of the biggest wins in Westside football.

Even if it does expose the awful truth about Class 5A...

Seriously, the game ball will be displayed front and center and the legends born from this night will be passed down for generations. It'll be that big.
And it should be. Good for those kids who work their butt off every week. The Rebels struggle, but I'm happy for them. And support them, except for the week Hackett plays them.  8)

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on October 09, 2015, 10:13:41 pm

Nope. Fair is just awful. If not forMARVELL WYC and Decatur they might be the worst team in the state

Fixed it for ya. Lol

rebelfootball

I really Think is Westside can Keep working they could maybe pull off getting the 3rd seed

Hornet4ever

Quote from: rebelfootball on October 10, 2015, 01:44:08 am
I really Think is Westside can Keep working they could maybe pull off getting the 3rd seed

Woah, now.

Big Cat Daddy

Hackett and Hector will slap you back into the real world  >:(

HorseFeathers

All he did was predict that Westside would beat mountainburg..

Hornet4ever

Quote from: HF on October 10, 2015, 10:12:41 am
All he did was predict that Westside would beat mountainburg..

They've  already played

Proud Buckaroo

All they have to do is beat magazine and they are 4th seed. Possibly 3rd..

HorseFeathers

Hornet4ever

I'm confused how could Westside get the 3rd seed?

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Hornet4ever on October 10, 2015, 10:22:03 am

Beating Hackett cause they aren't beating us

Hornet4ever

Quote from: HF on October 10, 2015, 10:24:02 am
Quote from: Hornet4ever on October 10, 2015, 10:22:03 am

Beating Hackett cause they aren't beating us

Well it sounds like Westside is out of luck because there isn't a chance in you know where that they'll beat Hackett.

rebelfootball

Westside has proved this year that they have came to play, if Hackett already thinks they have this game won then it could be a long night...

groundgame

Hackett is a quality team and westside's players and coaches know that. The only way westside could be 3 seed is if mountain burg beat Hackett and then westside beat hackett. Don't like looking that far ahead have to prepare for each weeks opponent only, just ask Oklahoma.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: rebelfootball on October 10, 2015, 04:02:11 pm
Westside has proved this year that they have came to play, if Hackett already thinks they have this game won then it could be a long night...

You lost to UCA. UCA got like 4 first downs last night against us. Sorry, I'm all for saying leave it on the field and what not but I like our chances.

Proud Buckaroo

JC west side didn't lose to UC?

rebelfootball

Westside did not loose to UCA?

Hornet4ever

Hm. My apologies again. I thought they did lose to them. Sorry about that. Guess I should've checked my stuff.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas