• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BDUB'S WEEK 6 2A-3 PICK'S

Started by bdubyab60, October 05, 2015, 11:04:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

bdubyab60

Another (3-1) week improving to (22-9) on the season for picking the conference. Lot of gong ons in the conference with a few surprises. Earle is now the clear favorite to win the conference witha a couple of surprising 2-0 teams. Lets get these picks a going.

STANDINGS
1. EARLE 4-1 (2-0) 26TBP
2. SALEM 3-2 (2-0) 26TBP
3. WR     3-2 (2-0) 19TBP
4. CC      4-1 (1-1) 13TBP
5. EPC    2-3  (1-1) 13TBP
6. MT     2-3  (0-2) 0TBP
7. MID    0-5  (0-2) 0TBP
8. REC    0-5  (0-2) 0TBP

RECTOR @ EPC

Rector got rolled by WR 48-6, think thats 14 in a row. EPC ran over Midland 52-12. glas to see my Warriors get back on the winning track. Just keep improving fellas and things will work out. EPC extends the Rector losing streak.

EPC 44 RECTOR 20

MIDLAND @ MARKED TREE

Midland lost to EPC 52-12, really thought this was gong to be closer. Marked Tree got pounded by Earle. Ths should be a pretty fast game as both teams seem to eat the clock up some. Indians look to get back on the winning track in this one.

MARKED TREE 38 MIDLAND 24

2A-3 GAME OF THE WEEK B

SALEM @ CROSS COUNTY

Salem rolled past Rector 48-6, got two different cores on this one? Cross county got stunned by Walnut Ridge, for some other reason than just davis being out they do not play well in WR. Davis is supposed to be out again, Salem playing good ball as of late. If Salem can pull it out they will keep a share of first place, at least record wise depending on TBP. Should be an interesting game. Cross County better figure things out in a hurry and how to score without Davis. They did it against MT but doesnt look like its consistent. Hard one to pick here, with Davis id pick CC, without Im not sure. Hes just a game changer.

CROSS COUNTY 28 SALEM 24

2A-3 GAME OF THE WEEK A

WALNUT RIDGE @ EARLE

Walnut Ridge pick sixed CC 12-6. Earle ground MT down 44-14. I knew WR was going to be improved but didnt expect them to beat CC even without Davis. Earle is just pretty darn good. First place is on the line in this one for each team. I think the Bulldogs are just to good though I expect Walnut Ridge to put up a fight early.

EARLE 50 WALNUT RIDGE 20

Donnie Jamon

Pretty easy picks this week.  If rector scores 20 I think i'll be totally shocked.

bdubyab60

Im always leaving some fluff in there for a couple missed tackles lol

playmaker04

I think CC responds this week. The 2 soph backs struggled bad against wr but sr fullback Jerry Andrews was pretty effective after he was moved to tailback. Defensively CC is hard to run on. MT had some succes for a half. I believe at home were good for a couple more tds. I'm going CC 20-6

Mr. Trill

Well said agree with everything except: 1. WR is in Earle for Homecoming (I'll be posting the score Friday) and they won't make it to 20 points.
Overall scores and predictions look good. I'm curious as to if Anfernee Davis (CC) and Bohanon (Earle) will be back on the field?

bdubyab60

Im sure if either can go they will. Unless there is some danger that playing would make injury worse.

I error to the high side on scores, its high school football. Though I dont think many expected the defensive struggle last week in Walnut ridge.

Dogg

October 05, 2015, 02:06:47 pm #6 Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 06:38:17 pm by Dogg
Quote from: Mr. Trill on October 05, 2015, 01:48:05 pm
Well said agree with everything except: 1. WR is in Earle for Homecoming (I'll be posting the score Friday) and they won't make it to 20 points.
Overall scores and predictions look good. I'm curious as to if Anfernee Davis (CC) and Bohanon (Earle) will be back on the field?
Bohannon will be on the field. No injury. Just tore up his shoe and ankle had a mild twist

mtindian42

bdubyab60

3-2A
Midland at MARKED TREE (8): Both teams were mashed last week by EPC (52-12) and Earle (44-14), respectively. Midland managed just 133 yards and allowed 424 yards in its home stadium debut.
Rector at E. POINETT COUNTY (38): EPC fresh off its most complete performance this fall, a 40-point blowout of Midland. Both lines played well for EPC. Senior QB Clay Malone completed 11 of 19 passes for 128 yards and a TD. Senior RB Kyler Gordon ran for a game-high 128 yards, while sophomore Heath Cavitt led EPC with 10 tackles. Rector has been outscored 193-56 this year and dropped 13 in a row.
Salem at CROSS COUNTY (2): Salem is atop the 3-2A standings, while Cross County is reeling with multiple injuries while starting three sophomores in its secondary. Cross County lost five turnovers and the game (12-6) last week at Walnut Ridge, with two interceptions returned for TDs. Cross County's defense, led by linebackers Kaylob Boykin and Holden Byassee, held Walnut Ridge to 166 yards and no points. Cross County all-state RB/LB Anfernee Davis (lower back) remains doubtful for this week.  Salem junior WB Spencer Love paces the Greyhounds' Wing T with 110 yards per game and 7.7 yard per carry.
Walnut Ridge at EARLE (20): An Earle victory probably leaves the Bulldogs all alone atop the 3-2A standings. Earle senior RB/LB Richard Merritt leads the Bulldogs in rushing, including 173 yards and two TDs last week in a 30-point win over Marked Tree. Walnut Ridge forced five turnovers last week and returned two interceptions for TDs in a 12-6 win over Cross County.

The highlighted portion seems to be a theme when teams lose.

Also does Hootens read my predictions then post theirs with the numbers added?

Pit Bull

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas