• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My Two cents...

Started by HorseFeathers, October 05, 2015, 06:46:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

I've been around here a long time...and over the last few years I've noticed a growing trend. Some of you guys feel the need to run down a program after you beat them. What does that accomplish? Seriously, which sounds better we shut down that sure bet for D1 stardom...or we blew out those scrubs? I don't know about you guys but I'd much rather say my team beat that good team with the D1 prospect than spend so much time trying to convince everyone he isn't that good...cause in the end all you did was knock your teams accomplishments...

Anyway, that's my two cents...

bdubyab60

BrianfromCarlisle

JimmyTiger2001

Big Cat Daddy

Just kids :) Making memories that will last a lifetime :)

curtain caller

I agree HF, even though they say they don't some take it way to seriously. These kids read this stuff, which effects their attitudes on and off the field. Nothing is a bed of roses, but at the end of the day they are all still just KIDS!

FootballDude02

heavyhittaz_7

Dragonsvoice

jbtiger73

Quote from: HF on October 05, 2015, 06:46:21 am
I've been around here a long time...and over the last few years I've noticed a growing trend. Some of you guys feel the need to run down a program after you beat them. What does that accomplish? Seriously, which sounds better we shut down that sure bet for D1 stardom...or we blew out those scrubs? I don't know about you guys but I'd much rather say my team beat that good team with the D1 prospect than spend so much time trying to convince everyone he isn't that good...cause in the end all you did was knock your teams accomplishments...

Maybe you need to tell those boys from hazen that on the hazen, Brinkley thread. Totally ridiculous

mackhornet

Quote from: Big Cat Daddy on October 05, 2015, 08:28:25 am
Just kids :) Making memories that will last a lifetime :)
Amen to this one! Good memories!

BigLion10

Ventman

The Bear

whoknows

I think of you start attacking someone or player on a personal level you are crossing the line...but I enjoy some of the bickering on here...I enjoy seeing people be passionate about their towns and schools...I'm guilty of it...I love arguing with those Gurdon guys...it's nothing personal...but I'll be the first to say when they have a better team than us and they smack us around..

HorseFeathers

Quote from: whoknows on October 05, 2015, 10:54:11 pm
I think of you start attacking someone or player on a personal level you are crossing the line...but I enjoy some of the bickering on here...I enjoy seeing people be passionate about their towns and schools...I'm guilty of it...I love arguing with those Gurdon guys...it's nothing personal...but I'll be the first to say when they have a better team than us and they smack us around..

I hear ya....especially when I'm having a bad day at work...ack

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: HF on October 05, 2015, 11:03:00 pm

But when I mess with people while bored at work (my tractor drives itself) and trying to have a friendly debate,  I get called truly upset?  Okay makes perfect sense. Lol

HorseFeathers

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 05, 2015, 11:05:44 pm

But when I mess with people while bored at work (my tractor drives itself) and trying to have a friendly debate,  I get called truly upset?  Okay makes perfect sense. Lol

Hey now....I bet that tractor seat does make your especially upset

HorseFeathers

P.s...I've made the decision to stay off of here at work. ..that's the first time i think had half a thread deleted cause of me...haha

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: HF on October 05, 2015, 11:07:37 pm
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 05, 2015, 11:05:44 pm

Hey now....I bet that tractor seat does make your especially upset

Naw, it's a really nice tractor with a nice leather seat, rides good.

whoknows

It's like I said in the other post...7 or 8 years ago this board was much more active...I remember their used to be a lot of people from Rison on here...seems like their are only a couple now and they are playing really well...just a lot of posters not participating...guess maybe they have lives now...or its just because their teams are mediocre...

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: HF on October 05, 2015, 11:08:38 pm
P.s...I've made the decision to stay off of here at work. ..that's the first time i think had half a thread deleted cause of me...haha

You blocked.me from sending you p.m.'s? That's cool

whoknows

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 05, 2015, 11:13:58 pm

Haha...Poor Pick...he's offended...HF needs a 3 day ban for this...

Hornet4ever

Quote from: whoknows on October 05, 2015, 11:11:39 pm

It's like I said in the other post...7 or 8 years ago this board was much more active...I remember their used to be a lot of people from Rison on here...seems like their are only a couple now and they are playing really well...just a lot of posters not participating...guess maybe they have lives now...or its just because their teams are mediocre...

Sounds like a bad case of "fair weather fans"

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: whoknows on October 05, 2015, 11:20:12 pm

Lol I hear ya

MR#1

I'm still around. I've just never posted that much (except, when Rison was in 3A and a fella that goes by the name of Mayo (i.e., Miracle Whip) continuously ran has mouth about the 'Cats). Anyway, ... I'm very pleased that the 'Cats are doing well this year.

whoknows

Quote from: MR#1 on October 05, 2015, 11:29:49 pm

I'm still around. I've just never posted that much (except, when Rison was in 3A and a fella that goes by the name of Mayo (i.e., Miracle Whip) continuously ran has mouth about the 'Cats). Anyway, ... I'm very pleased that the 'Cats are doing well this year.

I wasnt trying to just single Rison out...just using them as a example cause they are ranked #1...

MomaLion

Very true..some need a lesson in being a good winner.

ISU7

Quote from: HF on October 05, 2015, 06:46:21 am

+1

HorseFeathers

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 05, 2015, 11:25:56 pm
Quote from: whoknows on October 05, 2015, 11:20:12 pm

Lol I hear ya

I said I wouldn't post from work....but try it now haha

wildcat_x-mgr

Quote from: MR#1 on October 05, 2015, 11:29:49 pm

I'm still lurking 'round here too, I just don't say as much now. Guess you may call it a "read more, post less" philosophy. And yes, of course I'm very happy with the Wildcats this year.

On the other hand, I also remember quite a handful of Woodlawn people here, and not sure what happened to them either.

bfp

I haven't posted in a while because of work. I've been putting in 13 & 14 hour days. I am big supporter of the Hackett Hornets!! The only complaint I have is the lack of newspaper & TV coverage of 2A football in this state. It seems like our media doesn't have time to cover these schools and it's a shame because there are a lot of great ball players at this level.

beach bum

October 11, 2015, 09:29:10 am #32 Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 10:05:12 am by beach bum
Quote from: bfp on October 11, 2015, 09:10:02 am
I haven't posted in a while because of work. I've been putting in 13 & 14 hour days. I am big supporter of the Hackett Hornets!! The only complaint I have is the lack of newspaper & TV coverage of 2A football in this state. It seems like our media doesn't have time to cover these schools and it's a shame because there are a lot of great ball players at this level.

I totally agree but I think its just a numbers game they go by... the school I follow  about every 7th or 8th year seems to make it to the semifinals but Fayetteville is just 10 miles to the east. In 2012, they made it to the semis again and had a 13-1 season but were overshadowed by Fayetteville/Bentonville in the paper because the Big 4 cities just have more people and quite frankly I don't think the casual fan in those towns gives two hoots about small towns in their area. Its sad and just a fact of life and I think the paper just knows and they think "Oh Well" about that little town of 5,000 people or less. But your point about small towns having lots of good kids, I agree. I always like to think about what the best kids that play 2A through 4A would do at a 6A or 7A school. I know two years ago the Lincoln HC's son moved with him to Benton. He was a great all around athlete and played QB at Lincoln. Went to Benton and switched to WR and had around 90 catches last year. He dominated in baseball up in 6A too. Like this year in the 4-2A Hector's QB is the best player in that conference. Stick him on Morrilton in 5A and he thrives, but stick him on Clarksville and he struggles like any kid would because the lack of talent at Clarksville. I think if you stick a talented kid in 2A on a good higher level team they would thrive there as well and showcase their abilities there also.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas