• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Clarendon vs Augusta

Started by Lions84, October 04, 2015, 04:33:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lions84

We're done Lions go to 0-6. Time for Basketball down on the River. These kids don't have the stomach or Grit for Football. We got too many kids going to Hazen or Marvell Academy. Since Hart left The once Mighty Clarendon Lions Program gone to Hades in a Hand basket.

Red Devils Roll 36-14 .

Dayton Kitchens

October 04, 2015, 05:15:25 pm #1 Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 08:31:19 pm by Dayton Kitchens
Quote from: Lions84 on October 04, 2015, 04:33:46 pm
We're done Lions go to 0-6. Time for Basketball down on the River. These kids don't have the stomach or Grit for Football. We got too many kids going to Hazen or Marvell Academy. Since Hart left The once Mighty Clarendon Lions Program gone to Hades in a Hand basket.

Red Devils Roll 36-14 .

Any chance you guys will be looking for a coach next year?    I'm currently available.    Was interviewed there for an assistant coaching job just a few years back.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on October 04, 2015, 05:15:25 pm

Red Devils Roll 36-14 .

Any chance you guys will be looking for a coach next year?    I'm currently available.    Was interviewed there for an assistance coaching job just a few years back.

Career suicide right off the bat? Lol

Dayton Kitchens

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 04, 2015, 05:26:26 pm
Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on October 04, 2015, 05:15:25 pm

Red Devils Roll 36-14 .

Any chance you guys will be looking for a coach next year?    I'm currently available.    Was interviewed there for an assistance coaching job just a few years back.

Career suicide right off the bat? Lol

Any port in a storm.    At any rate I think a couple of their games so far have been winnable.

Lions84

October 04, 2015, 08:32:50 pm #4 Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 10:32:48 am by Lions84
It's sad we had the current JC coach and he had issues winning at Clarendon.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Lions84 on October 04, 2015, 08:32:50 pm
It sad we had the current JC coach and he had issues winning at Clarendon.

It's a long way from clarendon to lousiana though.  ;D

MomaLion

We've definitely had a couple winnable games that just didn't get won.  That being said, I think they have a shot at Augusta.  It depends entirely on the kids...they have the ability but i'm not sure they have the heart at this point.  I'm not ready to give up on them so Let's go Lions and show the na sayers that you DO have the grit.

purplehajj

I'll take Clarendon by two just for you momma best of luck to the lions for a much needed win!

Lions84

The Lions should win this week but since say 2000 they have lost way more than they won.

MomaLion

Quote from: purplehajj on October 05, 2015, 08:40:39 am
I'll take Clarendon by two just for you momma best of luck to the lions for a much needed win!
Thank you purple...now see, that didn't hurt a bit did it?  ;)

MomaLion

Quote from: Lions84 on October 05, 2015, 09:30:34 am
The Lions should win this week but since say 2000 they have lost way more than they won.
Negative Nelly  :P

big E

I think the Lions can move the football on Augusta don't know if they can stop Augusta. This could be a shhootout.

bdubyab60

Lions84

I been around Clarendon Football since 1975 as a fan, Player , scout and back to Fan.  What ever the reason this program tanked since Hart left. 
They should have won at least 2 games on paper but they have not. I would LOVE to see the Lions back to winning 7-9 games a year and a few playoff games but No one since Hart been able to deliver.

Jesus Saves

Was it Hart that delivered the wins, or was it Houston, Davenport, and Daniels that aided that effort?  Has Hart gone on to be a legendary coach?  Could Hart win 7-9 per season on a 5 yr average at Clarendon now?  Just asking.....

Lions84

Quote from: Jesus Saves on October 06, 2015, 10:47:31 am
Was it Hart that delivered the wins, or was it Houston, Davenport, and Daniels that aided that effort?  Has Hart gone on to be a legendary coach?  Could Hart win 7-9 per season on a 5 yr average at Clarendon now?  Just asking.....

When I am home I see kids who are not playing that would make the program better.  Hart had some fine talent but he developed it too.  Cedric went to Ark  to Tenn and on the NFL and got a Super Bowl ring.

jbtiger73

Actually, tank was the one that got the super bowl ring

FootballDude02

Lions84

Quote from: jbtiger73 on October 06, 2015, 11:01:02 am
Actually, tank was the one that got the super bowl ring
Your correct my bad .

Still it been a long time since we had good overall talent at CHS.  I hope with the pee wee program that things will turn around the next few years.

jbtiger73

Thats the thing 84. They've had the pee wee program for years. These kid's now have been through it. And even the ones before them. Same at Brinkley. And clarendon was always in contention for the pee wee championship with these same kids they have now. It's all about transition into more complex offences and defences the higher the level that you go. Carlisle, hazen, and DA, all pretty much run the same system as their jr and sr high. So it makes for an easier transition.

Jesus Saves

Winning and losing, are habitual.....

way2go

I'm really confused because you call yourself a "fan" but all you ever do is bash them and talk ad nauseum about Hart.

purplehajj

I agree with you in but it doesn't help a coach staying just one or two years and leaving! Every time the kids get used to a coach and start buying into the program they leave! It really is hard to keep a winning program when these kids see that and start losing trust because they know their coach will just up and leave

MomaLion

I have to say that the new coaching staff did a great job of plucking kids out of the halls and getting them to play..we started the season with better numbers than we've had in years...of course some have fallen off but I truly believe that if this staff stays for a decent time then we will improve.  The talent is there, it's always been there...we just need a solid staff that believes in these kids and makes them believe in themselves.

purplehajj

Well that's good momma I wish yall the best of luck!

Lions84

Quote from: jbtiger73 on October 06, 2015, 05:00:32 pm
Thats the thing 84. They've had the pee wee program for years. These kid's now have been through it. And even the ones before them. Same at Brinkley. And clarendon was always in contention for the pee wee championship with these same kids they have now. It's all about transition into more complex offences and defences the higher the level that you go. Carlisle, hazen, and DA, all pretty much run the same system as their jr and sr high. So it makes for an easier transition.

Well maybe we can get a staff to stay together for 4-6 years and get things going.  jbtiger73 that is what Pappa Frank did at BARTON.  why we are not doing it hear is beyond me.

Lions84

Quote from: way2go on October 06, 2015, 10:00:30 pm

I'm really confused because you call yourself a "fan" but all you ever do is bash them and talk ad nauseum about Hart.

Let me clear some thing up for you;   Hart the last Coach who has won at Clarendon and that was nearly 15 years ago.  We have the talent and kids to win 6-8 games most years yet we are not getting it done.  I love my school and some of my disabilities I walk with today are from laying it on the line for Ole CHS!  I hear they are doing the best they can but they are not getting the needed results. I been really proud of the Fans who continue to show up to the games just to see us get slaughtered. There is no magic pill to fix this. I still want to see the Lions win again.

jbtiger73

Hey 84, why would Barton have had a pee wee team. They had a recruiting service named Helena-West Helena. Lol

Lions84

Quote from: jbtiger73 on October 07, 2015, 11:19:13 am
Hey 84, why would Barton have had a pee wee team. They had a recruiting service named Helena-West Helena. Lol

When I meet Pappa Frank as a Student at Phillips County Community College he told me how he built the Program.  When he came in the early 1970's there was a great Pop Warner program in HWH,  He got to volunteers and raise money to form a Team for Barton.  They taught the kids the basic 7 plays of the wing T and the 44 stack D.  From that he won his first state title in 77 and the rest is history.  Also when you look at the Barton district map it goes all the way into West Helena just past the RR tracks.  A Barton bus would pull in at the Catfish King and pick up 20-40 kids every day I was attending PCCC. 
Clarendon can do this if they put the effort in.

Jabroney

Wonderdog

Quote from: Lions84 on October 07, 2015, 02:53:23 pm

When I meet Pappa Frank as a Student at Phillips County Community College he told me how he built the Program.  When he came in the early 1970's there was a great Pop Warner program in HWH,  He got to volunteers and raise money to form a Team for Barton.  They taught the kids the basic 7 plays of the wing T and the 44 stack D.  From that he won his first state title in 77 and the rest is history.  Also when you look at the Barton district map it goes all the way into West Helena just past the RR tracks.  A Barton bus would pull in at the Catfish King and pick up 20-40 kids every day I was attending PCCC. 
How involved are you in the football program at Clarendon? Since you live in Texas. I ask this because in my opinion an individual can only make a sound conclusion on a topic whenever they have experience with the topic. Unlike many things, you can not make a sound conclusion on an athletic program that is failing to succeed whenever you are not involved in it on a daily basis. For example, I can say that a school with a losing record is not meeting (fill in the blank) criteria and that's why they are losing, but the truth is, unless I am there to see what is happening on a day to day basis all I am really doing is making assumptions on something that I do not know a whole lot about.

MomaLion

Oh so true.

MomaLion

That was all before school choice...let's face it, the choice isn't Clarendon.

MomaLion

big E

Why not Clarendon? If PW can do it so can Clarendon, 10 years ago people that lived in the district didn't want to attend school at PW. We lost several kids to FC and Lee Academy . Now we don't have room for everybody that wants to go to school here. So why not Clarendon.

Lions84

Quote from: Wonderdog09 on October 07, 2015, 07:51:48 pm

How involved are you in the football program at Clarendon? Since you live in Texas. I ask this because in my opinion an individual can only make a sound conclusion on a topic whenever they have experience with the topic. Unlike many things, you can not make a sound conclusion on an athletic program that is failing to succeed whenever you are not involved in it on a daily basis. For example, I can say that a school with a losing record is not meeting (fill in the blank) criteria and that's why they are losing, but the truth is, unless I am there to see what is happening on a day to day basis all I am really doing is making assumptions on something that I do not know a whole lot about.

My Dad and My Cousin are both retired and are heavily involved in the Booster Program. They both played for CHS in the Early 1960's Under Buddy Harding.  I talk to one of them every week or two. Plus I am in town 2-3 times a year and know and went to HS with 1/2 of the School Board.

Idoknow

October 08, 2015, 10:36:55 am #36 Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 10:45:24 am by Idoknow
Quote from: Lions84 on October 07, 2015, 09:46:06 am

Let me clear some thing up for you;   Hart the last Coach who has won at Clarendon and that was nearly 15 years ago.  We have the talent and kids to win 6-8 games most years yet we are not getting it done.  I love my school and some of my disabilities I walk with today are from laying it on the line for Ole CHS!  I hear they are doing the best they can but they are not getting the needed results. I been really proud of the Fans who continue to show up to the games just to see us get slaughtered. There is no magic pill to fix this. I still want to see the Lions win again.
If you're talking about Coach Mickey Hart that took over when Coach Carpenter left, he could'nt get away from Clarendon fast enough! Coach Hart took a job at Carlisle as an Assistant in FB. and Head BB. Coach. It's been longer than 15 yrs., and he ended up as Assistant under Carpenter at JC., stayed a couple of yrs., then retired and moved to Conway.

Lions84

Quote from: Idoknow on October 08, 2015, 10:36:55 am
Quote from: Lions84 on October 07, 2015, 09:46:06 am

If you're talking about Coach Mickey Hart that took over when Coach Carpenter left, he could'nt get away from Clarendon fast enough! Coach Hart took a job at Carlisle as an Assistant in FB. and Head BB. Coach. It's been longer than 15 yrs., and he ended up as Assistant under Carpenter in JC. Coach Hart retired and moved to Conway.

Yep it closer to 20 years now but still When we had Hart Cedric and Big Davenport we were winning.  If Coach had left Cedric in he would have broken Burch single game rushing record one night against Des Arc.

Keithw371

I was an assistant FB coach at Clarendon under Mickey Hart from 91-93 and have been an asst coach in Florida for the last 22 years.  My last year in Clarendon we lost in the playoffs to a Red Parker coached Rison team in high scoring affair.  That bunch was very talented and a solid football team.  I still check the Clarendon score every Friday and have often wondered the last 10-15 years what has happened to the program.  Hopefully the Lions will turn it around in the next few years.

Lions84

Quote from: Keithw371 on October 08, 2015, 12:51:13 pm
I was an assistant FB coach at Clarendon under Mickey Hart from 91-93 and have been an asst coach in Florida for the last 22 years.  My last year in Clarendon we lost in the playoffs to a Red Parker coached Rison team in high scoring affair.  That bunch was very talented and a solid football team.  I still check the Clarendon score every Friday and have often wondered the last 10-15 years what has happened to the program.  Hopefully the Lions will turn it around in the next few years.

Glad to hear life is going well for you.  I found his son on Facebook a few years ago.  It was a great time to be a Lion when you were here with Coach Hart.

Hornet4ever

2A football programs go through different swings. Some fair better then other like Junction City, Rison etc. All it takes is a group of athletic kids to come through who have a good attitude and it will make miles of progress. Good coaching is a factor too, if you have the athleticism but no coaching it makes it hard to win. 

Lions84

Quote from: Hornet4ever on October 08, 2015, 01:15:36 pm
2A football programs go through different swings. Some fair better then other like Junction City, Rison etc. All it takes is a group of athletic kids to come through who have a good attitude and it will make miles of progress. Good coaching is a factor too, if you have the athleticism but no coaching it makes it hard to win. 

That's what driving me mad  we had some great Coach's who have won at other districts but can't win here.

Idoknow

October 08, 2015, 01:33:04 pm #42 Last Edit: October 08, 2015, 02:42:07 pm by Idoknow
Quote from: Lions84 on October 08, 2015, 01:15:11 pm
Quote from: Keithw371 on October 08, 2015, 12:51:13 pm
In 1993 Clarendon finished 7-3 and lost to Rison 35-24 in 1st. Rd.! Coach Hart came to Carlisle in 97 and 98. He went to JC in 99!

Glad to hear life is going well for you.  I found his son on Facebook a few years ago.  It was a great time to be a Lion when you were here with Coach Hart.

MomaLion

Quote from: big E on October 08, 2015, 05:33:30 am
Why not Clarendon? If PW can do it so can Clarendon, 10 years ago people that lived in the district didn't want to attend school at PW. We lost several kids to FC and Lee Academy . Now we don't have room for everybody that wants to go to school here. So why not Clarendon.
You know the answer to that if your very honest with yourself.

RiverEagle079

Clarendon can choose between Stuttgart and Brinkley.  While PW is forrest city lee academy.
Big E really Forrest City compared to Stuttgart there is no comparison.  If I had kids and lived in PW I would be forcing my kid to stay in PW

big E

We get them from Marianna,Brinkley,Wynne,Forrest City,Moro Rhondo, Aubrey and Hunter to be exact.And 1 from Hughes.

RiverEagle079

your pulling wynne talent and still cant get to the top of the conference.  anyway how many sammiches I owe you

MomaLion

Quote from: RiverEagle079 on October 08, 2015, 07:08:56 pm

Clarendon can choose between Stuttgart and Brinkley.  While PW is forrest city lee academy.
Big E really Forrest City compared to Stuttgart there is no comparison.  If I had kids and lived in PW I would be forcing my kid to stay in PW
We lose most of our transfers to Marvel Academy...lost an outstanding football player this year that would have helped Sr high a ton.

big E

Not pulling talent nobody that wants to play football comes to PW to play Football for Sartin. We do get baseball players. Moma was that the Steeling kid don't know about the spelling. I know his Dad kevin.?

MomaLion

Quote from: big E on October 09, 2015, 05:17:18 am
Not pulling talent nobody that wants to play football comes to PW to play Football for Sartin. We do get baseball players. Moma was that the Steeling kid don't know about the spelling. I know his Dad kevin.?
Yes, Steeland

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas