• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Salem vs Cross County week 5

Started by Greyhound#1, October 03, 2015, 12:57:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Greyhound#1

I haven't been able to say much about my greyhounds the last few years but watch out there gaining steam.  These youngsters are gaining confidence pretty quick.  I think over the next few weeks some folks are gonna be little suprised.  Our RB ain't no scrub.  He had 5 td by middle of 2nd qtr and sat the rest game against rector. 

playmaker04

Well we're having trouble scoring but our defense is still strong especially against the run. Should be a good game.

ISU7

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on October 03, 2015, 12:57:54 am
I haven't been able to say much about my greyhounds the last few years but watch out there gaining steam.  These youngsters are gaining confidence pretty quick.  I think over the next few weeks some folks are gonna be little suprised.  Our RB ain't no scrub.  He had 5 td by middle of 2nd qtr and sat the rest game against rector.
My dog can run 5 td's vs Rector...C'mon mannnnnnn!!!! ;D 8) 8) Good Job #28

Greyhound#1

Well he had 4tds against EPC is that better ISU7....lol

bdubyab60

Not really. But if Davis isn't back for this game Salem should be in it at the end. Someone is gonna have to step up for CC.

switch hitting tackle

Quote from: bdubyab60 on October 03, 2015, 10:33:57 am
Not really. But if Davis isn't back for this game Salem should be in it at the end. Someone is gonna have to step up for CC.
CC has a brute of a full back that will knock your jockstrap off. He runs like he has blinders on though, no peripheral vision.  CC also has a big weakness in their secondary on offense and especially defense.  On offence they were able to overcome that weakness with the threat of Davis but were still lacking on defense.  I saw that early on and knew if they were ever up against a passing offense,  is wasn't going to be pretty. Guess now the gig is up.

Greyhound#1

Salem has some speed this year.  We have problems with big olines.  So this will be a major challenge for salem with or without davis. 

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: switch hitting tackle on October 03, 2015, 10:51:43 am
CC has a brute of a full back that will knock your jockstrap off. He runs like he has blinders on though, no peripheral vision.  CC also has a big weakness in their secondary on offense and especially defense.  On offence they were able to overcome that weakness with the threat of Davis but were still lacking on defense.  I saw that early on and knew if they were ever up against a passing offense,  is wasn't going to be pretty. Guess now the gig is up.

What?

switch hitting tackle

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 03, 2015, 11:19:19 am

What?
In case you haven't noticed, the same same receivers on offense are the secondary on defense. To play one side of the ball you need to know what's happening on the other side.   

Donnie Jamon

If Davis don't play next week, Salem can win that game.  I don't know how long he will be out tho. 

playmaker04

October 03, 2015, 06:04:33 pm #10 Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 06:07:38 pm by playmaker04
Quote from: switch hitting tackle on October 03, 2015, 11:31:04 am
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 03, 2015, 11:19:19 am

What?
In case you haven't noticed, the same same receivers on offense are the secondary on defense. To play one side of the ball you need to know what's happening on the other side.
cc played good defense. They gave up 0 points. Yeah WR completed some passes but we did intercept 3 passes. I wish he would have kept Jerry at the tailback position the whole game instead of switching him around. I would have gave him the ball 45 times. Both pic sixes were ill advised. Smartest thing WR did was jump offsides on the xtra point attempt after we tied it 6-6. Cause for some reason we decided to go for 2 and didn't make it. We didn't need 2 we needed 1. It was midway through the 4th quarter. If we kick the point that last drive we threw the pic 6 on never happens because we're taking a knee instead of trying to win the game. But stuff happens. I believe we will be ready for Salem with or without Davis.

Greyhound#1

Salem is healthy and ready. I not aware of one single injury.

ISU7

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on October 03, 2015, 10:23:36 am
Well he had 4tds against EPC is that better ISU7....lol
Yep that's a little better Greyhound #1..lol Go luck too Salem this season.. 8)

Hornet4ever

I think CC gets their act together and wins this game.

Footballworld

Salem would do better if they got rid of what they call coaches.

birddawg1986

Yeah might be another slip for CC without Davis. This is a one horse pony/buggy show. Davis rolls CC rolls... Well at least till round 2 without Davis they could be traveling on round 1.

DK2408

Davis is a very good player and a big part of the team . But a one pony show hardly . Just pee poor coaching .

bdubyab60

Davis makes up for a lot of mistakes

switch hitting tackle

Quote from: DK2408 on October 05, 2015, 01:44:39 pm
Davis is a very good player and a big part of the team . But a one pony show hardly . Just pee poor coaching .
I definitely don't blame the players for the weakness of a section of the field. Counting scrimmage, after 5 games the weak spots should have been recognized and fortified with teaching and practice.

Houndcity

October 06, 2015, 12:35:04 pm #19 Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 12:42:50 pm by Houndcity
So footballworld are you saying they need to get rid of the coaches? If I understand your public display of ignorance correctly you are saying that Curtis who has gone 21-17 over his time as head coach at Salem and led them to the 3rd round of the playoffs for the first time in school history is the problem. The previous coach in his three years was 16-16. The coaches before him from 2004 to 2008 (which is five seasons I know your math may not be great) went a combined 14-35. For a program to be successful there has to be support from parents and community. Maybe you should get on board and support the coaches and program so you don't look so ignorant on the world wide web.

Greyhound#1

Quote from: Houndcity on October 06, 2015, 12:35:04 pm
So footballworld are you saying they need to get rid of the coaches? If I understand your public display of ignorance correctly you are saying that Curtis who has gone 21-17 over his time as head coach at Salem and led them to the 3rd round of the playoffs for the first time in school history is the problem. The previous coach in his three years was 16-16. The coaches before him from 2004 to 2008 (which is five seasons I know your math may not be great) went a combined 14-35. For a program to be successful there has to be support from parents and community. Maybe you should get on board and support the coaches and program so you don't look so ignorant on the world wide web.

Nothing wrong with coaching at Salem. They need to keep doing what there doing and that is get better. 

bdubyab60

You guy's weren't saying that last year. Guess winning really does cure all.

Donnie Jamon

Looks like Davis might be out for this game.  Listed as doubtful on my fantasy football team. lol 

playmaker04

The wing T offense plays to CCs strengths. CC offense will be more prepared. The whole team is practicing the art of blocking for the first hour of practice everyday this week because they seem to forgot how at WR.  The defense has had 2 shutouts this year,against Westside, who scored their only points on a ko return and WR,who scored on 2 pick sixes. The defense will shut down Salem's run. WR had minus rushing yards. I believe we're good for at least 3 tds at home without Davis. If he's out CC 20-6. If he plays CC 40-6

Hornet4ever

Quote from: playmaker04 on October 07, 2015, 10:23:23 am
The wing T offense plays to CCs strengths. CC offense will be more prepared. The whole team is practicing the art of blocking for the first hour of practice everyday this week because they seem to forgot how at WR.  The defense has had 2 shutouts this year,against Westside, who scored their only points on a ko return and WR,who scored on 2 pick sixes. The defense will shut down Salem's run. WR had minus rushing yards. I believe we're good for at least 3 tds at home without Davis. If he's out CC 20-6. If he plays CC 40-6

You've got me convinced. I'd take both of those score predictions with or without Davis.

Greyhound#1

We shall see Friday.  Salem 28 WR 20 

playmaker04

Greyhound#1

Greyhound#1

bdubyab60

Would imagine a game time decision

Donnie Jamon

I wouldn't think he would play.  If he reinjures this then they could miss the playoffs..  I would rather have him next week and week after.  Another week off could be huge..

Footballworld

Houndcity, yes get rid of the coaches, the playoff team, he didn't make that team, and the year after he completely destroyed the team. If you don't know what's going on behind the scene, I would suggest you find out. Defend him, I don't care, just stating facts. The ones who are out there playing, they know what's going on. Enough said. CC played and won. Knew they would. Waiting for Earle-CC game, should be a good one.

playmaker04

Like I said with or without Davis Cross County's defense is no joke. #11 Holden Byassee is probably the best defensive player in 2A. Second game in a row the defense hasn't surrendered a point.

rcd9146

DK2408

ISU7

What a difference between playing Rector and CC, Salem only 9 yds rushing, Greyhound1 my dog was held to 10 yds rushing ;D 8)

playmaker04

CC does not give up much on the ground. 56 total rush and pass.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas