• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bearden vs. Strong

Started by Backwoods Bart, October 01, 2015, 10:46:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Proud Buckaroo

This is strongs first win over Bearden since 1995.

Proud Buckaroo

He was okay in the 4th quarter from what I saw. After sitting at for a while in the third.

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: Hornet4ever on October 02, 2015, 11:11:26 pm
Congrats to Strong.. Hope #7 for the Bears is okay. That story that was told bothers me as well. Hope the coaches take a little notice better, I mean come on.
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 02, 2015, 11:15:30 pm
He was okay in the 4th quarter from what I saw. After sitting at for a while in the third.

Bearden Sr. OT Samuel Wiliams flaged for excessive blocking in the 4th qtr. WTH. Excessive Blocking    And the game ball goes to..... The refs!

Proud Buckaroo

so...the officiating is the only thing you can comment on?

Seriously......

Bob

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 02, 2015, 10:44:00 pm
Watching the game...

One thing I saw that really bothered me. #7 for Bearden... Was asking to come out. The coaches pretty much ignored the kid. He had to walk out on his own. When he got to the sidelines. He sat down, and was continued to be ignored. No one... Absolutely no one attended to him. Next series. The kid was hoping on the field. 3rd down. Gets sacked. Struggling to get up. Two of his players helped him up. Next play. 4th down. Punting. Guess who punted? #7.... Why? For two whole quarters the kid was in obvious pain. Everyone watching could see it. That bothered me way more than how the game was officiated. If I were a parent of the kid. I would be furious....

Anyways. Good game to both teams. Strong never gave up. They played hard every snap. For as many kids as they had. I was surprised with their heart. They played as a team. They had leaders. They praised one another.

Dang if this is true then those guys shoukd be in other professions....like flipping burgers

BigBrother

Quality of officiating is as bad as I've ever seen.

bleudog

Backwoods Bart

I do not blame the refs for their loss,, Bearden's offense spotted their opponent in the 1st qtr. by committing 6-7 penalties while running up a 22-6 first half score. The first half score should have been at least 35-6. This young team showed a marked improvement last night! Another loss doesn't hurt so bad when you see a noticeable improvement.

Proud Buckaroo

HorseFeathers

Bearden is becoming moral victory high school...

Backwoods Bart

Backwoods Bart

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: HF on October 03, 2015, 11:22:07 am

you'll come to understand it pretty quick HF

Proud Buckaroo

The fact that you choose to ignore my comment about leaving #7 in there... Limping on one leg for basically two quarters. That he was ignored when he physically walked himself out of the game... Then when he got to the sideline. He was continued to be ignored. Not a single person attended to him.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on October 03, 2015, 11:27:28 am
Quote from: HF on October 03, 2015, 11:22:07 am

you'll come to understand it pretty quick HF

If your coach chooses to leave a one legged quarter back in against hector you'll come to understand our defense rather quickly as well....

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 03, 2015, 11:28:44 am
The fact that you choose to ignore my comment about leaving #7 in there... Limping on one leg for basically two quarters. That he was ignored when he physically walked himself out of the game... Then when he got to the sideline. He was continued to be ignored. Not a single person attended to him.

I wasn't ignoring it I just didn't think it was as big a factor as you're making it out to be.this coaching staff has never been big on rotating players.we had a very good second string quarterback that i thought should have started the second half, but it was not my call, and he didn't.

Proud Buckaroo

it's not a big factor as I'm making??!!!!! The kid is 15-16 years old. He was asking to come out and the coaches ignored him!!!!! Are you kidding me?

pj72501

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 03, 2015, 11:42:53 am
it's not a big factor as I'm making??!!!!! The kid is 15-16 years old. He was asking to come out and the coaches ignored him!!!!! Are you kidding me?

I guess you missed the part where they checked on him as he come off the field, tapped his ankle at halftime and put a brace on it.  Then sat him most of the 3rd quarter, then he said he could go.  If you are going to accuse our coaches of something get your facts straight.  Yeah, I talked to one of the coaches about it and since they were on the sidelines they might have had better insight than you siting in the stands.

Proud Buckaroo

October 03, 2015, 06:25:47 pm #68 Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 06:29:18 pm by Proud Buckaroo
Sitting in the stands? No. I was standing about 50 feet from your sideline. I was watching it the whole time. Checked on him? Not a single person checked on him the times he basically took himself out of the game.

If you read any of my above comments. I said he was fine after he sat most of the 3rd quarter out.

So... Let me guess. You talked to one of the coaches? I am going to make the assumption that means you weren't any where near where you could see it.

Beardad

The kid said he was fine and tried to get back in the game more than once. He was asked multiple times if he was ok and he told the coaches he was fine. If the kid says he's fine, don't expect to see a slew of people rubbing his hiney and fanning him with laurels. Pick a new dead horse to beat

Proud Buckaroo

Lol. Not a single one of you actually congratulated strong for beating you guys with barely 20 kids. Oh, that's right. "The refs cheated you."

heavyhittaz_7

That was a big game for bearden. Unless they win out the bears might not make the playoffs.

bleudog

EDNT Sunday post game article:  CLICK HERE

Backwoods Bart

October 04, 2015, 10:29:28 am #73 Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 10:40:30 am by Backwoods Bart
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 03, 2015, 11:56:29 pm
Lol. Not a single one of you actually congratulated strong for beating you guys with barely 20 kids. Oh, that's right. "The refs cheated you."
I think your Strong numbers are too low PB. You did not count the four ref's and the timekeeper on their team that stole almost 30 seconds off of the clock in the first half to keep Bearden out of the end zone again!

dragondad

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on October 04, 2015, 10:29:28 am
I think your Strong numbers are too low PB. You did not count the four ref's and the timekeeper on their team that stole almost 30 seconds off of the clock in the first half to keep Bearden out of the end zone again!

Wasn't this game played AT Bearden??

Backwoods Bart

October 04, 2015, 10:52:44 am #75 Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 11:49:00 am by Backwoods Bart
Quote from: heavyhittaz_7 on October 04, 2015, 01:09:15 am
That was a big game for bearden. Unless they win out the bears might not make the playoffs.

Already looking forward to their 10th grade boys coming up. They will rest any concerns that Bearden has gone away.
Although you have gotten a look at some 10th grade skilled players, the 10th grade line is on the side line, biding their time to the day they get their chance, and they are just as impressive as the skilled ones.

Backwoods Bart

Quote from: dragondad on October 04, 2015, 10:52:20 am
Quote from: Backwoods Bart on October 04, 2015, 10:29:28 am

Wasn't this game played AT Bearden??

No. It was @ Strong. Homecoming.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas