• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bearden vs. Strong

Started by Backwoods Bart, October 01, 2015, 10:46:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Backwoods Bart

The  up & down Bears get Sr. Gunner Cook back this week from a hand injury and will add continuity wherever they plug him in. Strong looks to give Bearden their biggest challenge (so far).
If the Soph., laden team get's rolling, it looks to be a good game. What say you!

Bearden 21-Strong 14

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on October 01, 2015, 10:46:45 am

The  up & down Bears get Sr. Gunner Cook back this week from a hand injury and will add continuity wherever they plug him in. Strong looks to give Bearden their biggest challenge (so far).
If the Soph., laden team get's rolling, it looks to be a good game. What say you!

Bearden 21-Strong 14

Strong 28 Bears 14

heavyhittaz_7

Think the dawgs get another win in conference. 28-22 dawgs.

Proud Buckaroo

lionfan59

Hornet4ever

#72 Bearden Bear

Quote from: Backwoods Bart on October 01, 2015, 10:46:45 am

Bearden 21-Strong 14
That's my boy. If the Bearden's offense can get things together and score when they get inside the red zone, I believe they can leave with a win.

dragondad

Strong 35 - Bearden 14, Rucks and Co. give the Bears more than they can handle.

Beardad

If we are gonna see toss, toss, toss, toss, end around, end around, toss, toss, pass to tall dude when he motions out, toss, trap, toss, toss, trap, end around, from Strong then I say the bears have a chance

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Beardad on October 01, 2015, 04:42:31 pm
If we are gonna see toss, toss, toss, toss, end around, end around, toss, toss, pass to tall dude when he motions out, toss, trap, toss, toss, trap, end around, from Strong then I say the bears have a chance

Well... Apparently you couldn't stop Parkers Chapel, and Strong beat PC by a lot. I'm confused on your logic.

Beardad

My logic was based on a limited number of bread and butter plays for Bearden to prepare for.  But since we are speaking logic, I'll inform you that there is ZERO logic in " A beat B and B beat C, so it can be inferred that A will beat C"

2014:
Virginia Tech beat Ohio State
Boston College beat Virginia Tech
Penn State beat Boston College

BY YOUR LOGIC, YOU'RE SAYING IN 2014 PENN STATE WOULD'VE THEN BEAT OHIO STATE RIGHT????
Wrong, Ohio State beat Penn State

HorseFeathers

Somebody had one of those we beat them..they beat you etc...that had Henderson state besting a Ncaa champ one year...

Hornet4ever

October 01, 2015, 05:27:04 pm #12 Last Edit: October 01, 2015, 05:32:45 pm by Hornet4ever
Quote from: Beardad on October 01, 2015, 04:58:40 pm
My logic was based on a limited number of bread and butter plays for Bearden to prepare for.  But since we are speaking logic, I'll inform you that there is ZERO logic in " A beat B and B beat C, so it can be inferred that A will beat C"

2014:

BY YOUR LOGIC, YOU'RE SAYING IN 2014 PENN STATE WOULD'VE THEN BEAT OHIO STATE RIGHT????

Well my logic was being half way nice but since you put it so sweetly. The Bears haven't done anything this year to prove to me they can beat Strong. Its a simple logic of this is 2A football and not college ball, the swing of the athletiscim isn't as prevalent here as it is there. You have a young Bearden team who is just struggling at the moment. I don't think you will beat Strong because after seeing how PC was able to get the win then PC gets skull dragged by Strong I just don't see this game adding up the way you are wanting it too.

Beardad

I would think the swing in athleticism is more prevalent in high school. 1 player can win it all in 2A....see Kenneth Dixon. I know very well bearden isn't very good, my point was Strong doesn't look like world beaters themselves. I wouldn't be that proud about "skull dragging" PC myself.....that would be expected. My point was comparing games to predict an outcome is often fruitless. I apologize if I came off sharp-tongued, I'll pipe down. What do I know, I'm but a manual laborer with no future. 

JimmyTiger2001

JC Guy

Quote from: Hornet4ever on October 01, 2015, 05:27:04 pm

2014:

Well my logic was being half way nice but since you put it so sweetly. The Bears haven't done anything this year to prove to me they can beat Strong. Its a simple logic of this is 2A football and not college ball, the swing of the athletiscim isn't as prevalent here as it is there. You have a young Bearden team who is just struggling at the moment. I don't think you will beat Strong because after seeing how PC was able to get the win then PC gets skull dragged by Strong I just don't see this game adding up the way you are wanting it too.
"ANGER MANAGEMENT"

Hornet4ever

Quote from: JC Guy on October 02, 2015, 04:37:45 am

2014:

"ANGER MANAGEMENT"

JC GUY IM NOT THAT BAD

bleudog

Beardad

"The players must realize that Bearden beat Lafayette County. Lafayette County beat Murfreesboro by 30 , and Murfreesboro defeated us by 30"

Uh oh....there's some more of that logic.  So even though Hornet4ever swears a bear skull dragging is coming, the Strong coach uses H4E's logic to predict a 60+ Bear victory!!

And my point has been made....

I say Bears by 6

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Beardad on October 02, 2015, 08:07:20 am
"The players must realize that Bearden beat Lafayette County. Lafayette County beat Murfreesboro by 30 , and Murfreesboro defeated us by 30"

Uh oh....there's some more of that logic.  So even though Hornet4ever swears a bear skull dragging is coming, the Strong coach uses H4E's logic to predict a 60+ Bear victory!!

I say Bears by 6

Good luck tonight  8)

Proud Buckaroo

AlumniLights

2014:

"ANGER MANAGEMENT"

Some of the best teams in history had an offense that was based on just few plays....but if you cant stop them....well, there ya go.
Like Denzel said in Remember the Titans, "I run 6 plays, split veer, like Novocain.  Just give it time, always works."

Beardad

You're right, like Ol Don Campbell's 27 trap.  However, I've seen Strong run theirs this season and I don't have faith in the potency of their limited playbook.

Proud Buckaroo

"The players must realize that Bearden beat Lafayette County. Lafayette County beat Murfreesboro by 30 , and Murfreesboro defeated us by 30 but we can't compare scores."

I say Bears by 6

If you are going to try to make someone look bad, atleast quote the whole thing.

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Beardad on October 02, 2015, 09:43:37 am
You're right, like Ol Don Campbell's 27 trap.  However, I've seen Strong run theirs this season and I don't have faith in the potency of their limited playbook.

You cannot base a team off of their playbook. Two rivers used the same plays in their first three games. Completely changed their offensive, and come out in a offense they haven't ever ran before and best booneville with it.

KOJACK

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 02, 2015, 11:44:08 am

You cannot base a team off of their playbook. Two rivers used the same plays in their first three games. Completely changed their offensive, and come out in a offense they haven't ever ran before and best booneville with it.
That's not saying much...

Hornet4ever

Quote from: KOJACK on October 02, 2015, 11:47:51 am

It's not saying much that a Two Rivers team who has struggled is turning their program around and beating Booneville? Do you not watch much football...?

Proud Buckaroo

Why? Because Booneville is struggling? No. That has nothing to do with it.

Beardad

Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 02, 2015, 11:42:23 am
"The players must realize that Bearden beat Lafayette County. Lafayette County beat Murfreesboro by 30 , and Murfreesboro defeated us by 30 but we can't compare scores."

I say Bears by 6

If you are going to try to make someone look bad, atleast quote the whole thing.

Proud Bucky, that was based on an earlier conversation in this thread between H4E and myself.  My point to H4E was that comparing scores does not work. The purpose of that quote was to reinforce that comparing scores is not a good way to predict the outcome of a game.  Perhaps reading the whole convo rather than trolling is the best policy.

KOJACK

Quote from: Hornet4ever on October 02, 2015, 12:07:30 pm

It's not saying much that a Two Rivers team who has struggled is turning their program around and beating Booneville? Do you not watch much football...?
No it isn't. And I watch so much football I can't sleep over it.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: KOJACK on October 02, 2015, 01:08:26 pm

I apologize that Two Rivers didn't win its last 64 games and win 4 state titles. What does it take to win your respect? Get over yourself.

KOJACK

Quote from: Hornet4ever on October 02, 2015, 01:14:53 pm

I apologize that Two Rivers didn't win its last 64 games and win 4 state titles. What does it take to win your respect? Get over yourself.
Sorry Mr. 2 rivers I didn't mean for you to get your panties in a wad. It was more a jab at booneville. And I've never understood what "get over yourself" means...

Hornet4ever

Quote from: KOJACK on October 02, 2015, 01:19:55 pm
Quote from: Hornet4ever on October 02, 2015, 01:14:53 pm

Sorry Mr. 2 rivers I didn't mean for you to get your panties in a wad. It was more a jab at booneville. And I've never understood what "get over yourself" means...

I'm not a Two Rivers fan first of all. I was just giving credit where it's due, I don't really care what you have to say but Booneville may not be the Booneville of the past couple years but they are still not a bad football team. Congrats to Two Rivers for taking this and running with it and winning. And when I say "Get over yourself" I'm making a point in context to you saying "That's not saying much" when yeah it does say much. Two Rivers is a team who has turned their program around the last couple years and are heading in the right direction and you just shrug your shoulders. 

Proud Buckaroo

Quote from: Beardad on October 02, 2015, 12:49:35 pm
Quote from: Proud Buckaroo on October 02, 2015, 11:42:23 am

I say Bears by 6

Proud Bucky, that was based on an earlier conversation in this thread between H4E and myself.  My point to H4E was that comparing scores does not work. The purpose of that quote was to reinforce that comparing scores is not a good way to predict the outcome of a game.  Perhaps reading the whole convo rather than trolling is the best policy.

Wrong. You were TRYING to say that Coach davis was using hornet's "logic." When in a nutshell. No, he actually wasn't. I'm not trolling. You quoted an unfinished quote from the news paper and I finished it for you.

Beardad

No no, i was ACTUALLY SAYING that the Strong coach was using that example to discredit the logic as well.  If the Strong coach was trying to use H4E's logic, the Strong coach would've been saying he expected to lose by 60+, which obviously he does not expect and would not say.  I'm sorry if you misunderstood. 

H4E, did you understand what I meant by the post or has it been confusing to all who've read it?

Hermitsfan08

#1wildcatfan

Hornet4ever

Beardad

Beardad

That sweep sweep trap sweep is pretty predictable

Proud Buckaroo

So... #7 was hoping on one leg for like 4 plays. Scores a 2 point conversion on one leg.

JC Guy

Quote from: Hornet4ever on October 02, 2015, 07:06:45 am

2014:

"ANGER MANAGEMENT"

JC GUY IM NOT THAT BAD
Just jacking with you Hornet.

ball_hawg87

Beardad

22-24. Strong wins

Reverse on 3rd and long

And sweep pass on 4th and long for Strong are the difference

The young Bears look to be getting better each week. Good clean game on both sides

Beardad

Strong scores trash TD at end

Proud Buckaroo

Watching the game...

One thing I saw that really bothered me. #7 for Bearden... Was asking to come out. The coaches pretty much ignored the kid. He had to walk out on his own. When he got to the sidelines. He sat down, and was continued to be ignored. No one... Absolutely no one attended to him. Next series. The kid was hoping on the field. 3rd down. Gets sacked. Struggling to get up. Two of his players helped him up. Next play. 4th down. Punting. Guess who punted? #7.... Why? For two whole quarters the kid was in obvious pain. Everyone watching could see it. That bothered me way more than how the game was officiated. If I were a parent of the kid. I would be furious....

Anyways. Good game to both teams. Strong never gave up. They played hard every snap. For as many kids as they had. I was surprised with their heart. They played as a team. They had leaders. They praised one another.

Proud Buckaroo

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Proud Buckaroo

Hornet4ever

Congrats to Strong.. Hope #7 for the Bears is okay. That story that was told bothers me as well. Hope the coaches take a little notice better, I mean come on.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas