• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

7-2A Picks for Week 5

Started by Ole Man River, September 27, 2015, 06:43:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tacklethis...

Devil,

I like the new Devil more than the old Devil!

But did it ever occur to you that playing the entire conference schedule without Jackie would suck....I understand the Prescott game and all but early in the third quarter it was clear you weren't gonna win....

outlaws4life26

#1 coach in 2A is at Mt. Pine left the game against Mt. Ida at halftime to save his players for conference opener.

The_Devils_Advocate

Don't get it conflicted, this is still The_Devil_Himself.
:-*

............"and I have the utmost respect for Coach Mike White", says The_Devil,"after all, he does have a state title as a head coach."

tacklethis...

Quote from: The_Devils_Advocate on October 04, 2015, 07:55:43 pm
Don't get it conflicted, this is still The_Devil_Himself.
:-*

............"and I have the utmost respect for Coach Mike White", says The_Devil,"after all, he does have a state title as a head coach."

Me too, I put him in the top 5 in 2a maybe top 2...

He will do more with less talent every season....

hog_wild7777777

Mt. Ida always  has had good tradition. Coach White, just makes sure the boys are focused EVERY Friday night. Like i said in my earlier post, Mt. Ida will have no competition this year in the 7-2a. The 7-2a is way way down this year. You can mark that down.

tacklethis...

Quote from: hog_wild7777777 on October 04, 2015, 09:55:02 pm
Mt. Ida always  has had good tradition. Coach White, just makes sure the boys are focused EVERY Friday night. Like i said in my earlier post, Mt. Ida will have no competition this year in the 7-2a. The 7-2a is way way down this year. You can mark that down.

We remember what you said and no one is arguing....

hog_wild7777777

Well..... I have seen people saying they think Gurdon will will the conference. I don't see Gurdon beating LC this year. They let a down Mineral Springs team score 22. They will never stop Burks.

tacklethis...

Quote from: hog_wild7777777 on October 04, 2015, 10:04:03 pm
Well..... I have seen people saying they think Gurdon will will the conference. I don't see Gurdon beating LC this year. They let a down Mineral Springs team score 22. They will never stop Burks.

Mt Ida still doesn't have a quality win...nor does LC or Gurdon....

hog_wild7777777

I have also Acknowledged that, but we will see. I don't think anyone in this conference will make it past 3rd round in the playoff's, but if anyone has a chance it is Mt. Ida. They have speed, leadership, and will hit you in the mouth. This is a Mt. Ida team like the good ole days, when they first came into the conference, and won conference championship after championship. 

dart

Quote from: tacklethis... on October 04, 2015, 10:07:27 pm

In this conference I guess Mt Ida will not get a Quality win. Not Mt Ida's Fault the other teams need to start playing football.

BLUEBLOOD

Quote from: dart on October 05, 2015, 03:56:46 pm
Quote from: tacklethis... on October 04, 2015, 10:07:27 pm

In this conference I guess Mt Ida will not get a Quality win. Not Mt Ida's Fault the other teams need to start playing football.

In 2A football, more than any others, it goes in cycles.  Mt Ida has had their down times and it will happen again.  It isn't their fault the conference is down, but a little humility goes a long way.

BLUEBLOOD

The_Devil_Himself says,"First of all, Prescott is not just another non-conference game. Ever. Secondly, has it occurred to you that Jackson sought to establish his other weapons knowing full well he had at least a half dozen aces of spades in his hand? Sometimes you throw your lesser cards first and save your trump cards for later if you're trying to catch ten tricks for 200 points."

Jackson better look at his hand again.  I saw exactly "1" player who would qualify as a trump card.  #79 on the DL was maybe a King of Clubs.  I think Gurdon will lose to LC and Mt Ida.  They will go as far as their only "trump" will take them.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas