• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LC vs. Springhill

Started by LadyCougar, September 26, 2015, 06:03:31 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LadyCougar

LC faces Springhill at Springhill this upcoming Friday. The Bears, led by Sr. Jacob Crow has been dominating the field. I guess last year's losing streak has been this year's motivation for the bears. LC has been putting up basketball numbers in their last 3 games. Burks has finally gotten some help especially from Jr. WR Cualan Williams (#15).  LC greatest strength is speed. If the Cougars get a break you will NOT be able to catch them. This will be this week's best 7-2A match up

7-2afearlessfan

This is true. Lc has great speed and is very hard to catch.  I believe that if it comes down to a foot race lc wins. If the bears can contain the outside runs then it will be a battle in the trenches. Sr running back Jacob Crow (SH) and Tre Burks (LC) will be key to the game. Looks like a great matchup  :)

Bigpoppie

Bears are riding a high and like the taste of winning. They beat PC who beat bearden who beat lc. Crow and company have been doing great. Lc since losing to bearden on final play has put up 66 40 and 60. It's not just outside runs that worries me for springhill. #15 has been really giving burks a hand. Burks torched murf for 296 and a lot of it seemed off tackle on option. Pick your poision with lc. Do you load up and  try to contain burks up the middle and let the slots run free on sweep?  Do you double #15 on the edge to contain him?  Tough matchup for the bears. Anybody can score from anywhere for lc. Springhill definitely up for the challenge. Homecoming and undefeated and looking to prove themselves as a contender in 7-2a. Could be a good one. Looking at score from last year lc only won 6-0 nothing at home. This is becoming kind of a rivalry between these two schools. Only about 30 miles seperate them and they are each other's closest opponent. If lc gives springhill turnovers, this could be an upset and spring springhill.

hogfan32

No doubt this is a great match up. LC has the speed/athlete advantage, as they have for years but SH always gets up to play LC. This game always seems to be a good one. If SH can control the time of possession and not turn it over they will have a chance. LC is loaded with big play talent and you have to play your best each play on defense because they can beat you with one play as the did last year 6-0.

LadyCougar

Last year Burks did not play that much due to an injury but still managed about 80 to 100 yards. Williams did not play last year. If you also factor in other key players for LC that has stepped up this year this game will be nothing like last year's. LC is also working with strength. Murfreesboro roughed them up pretty good but they shook it off and kept playing. One of Murfs players knocked the stuffing outta Burks but he got up as if it was nothing. This game will be a close one. I'm going with LC but if they take SH lightly then the Cougars will experience their first conference loss.

HORNET-MAN

tcor145

Lafayette County 60 Springhill 14

cougarfan15

I think this one will be a shoot out. I expect big numbers from both teams. To be honest LC looked a little winded by the end of the game Friday against Murfreesboro. They better be ready to step it up because the bears are hungry. I'm still taking LC for the win but only by a score.

hogfan32

Murf tried to beat LC at there own game, going up tempo and no huddle and ended up getting in a track meet with them. And that's not how you beat a team with that much speed. SH will take a very different approach buy running the ball, controlling the time of possession, and limiting the amount of times LC can actually get the ball on O. If you haven't seen the crow kid play from SH you have missed out. Don't sleep on him. SH also has another good  back in #4.

7-2afearlessfan

This is a battle of different playing styles. Spring hill wants to pound the ball on offense and use the time of possession. Don't doubt SH big play abalitly though. LC is a lot of movent with runs up the middle and on the edge. They like to throw the ball up to #15 as well. #15 for LC is the #1 receiver in 7-2a so far. With that said spring hill has the #2 receiver in 7-2a with their #15. This will be one of the most important matchups that we see in 7-2a this year! I Can't Wait to see them go at it!! :)

hogfan32

My biggest fear for SH is getting caught up in all the hype. Most of the players haven't played in a game of this  magnitude  in their high school career besides the seniors who when they were sophs started (4-1) and went  in to play a Prescott and lost 21-8.  They've had everyone patting them on the back and telling them how good they are the past couple a weeks so they are gonna have to bring it agiast a good LC squad. I hope for them  to come out and give us a good show on homecoming agianst a team we don't really like! The cowbells should be ringing extra loud on the Hill tomorrow night!

whoknows

LadyCougar

LC 44 Springhill 16. I will say this. I don't know if SH RB #21 Jacob Crow is getting any recruiting attention or not but if he isn't then he sure needs to be. That kid is a beast. He's fast and he's tough. Some colleges should be paying very close attention to him.

7-2afearlessfan

Tre Burks stepped up big tonight with a great rushing attack. The thing that was most surprising to me is the fact that culan Williams only had to catches for 55 yards.   If it wasn't for a last second TD with 20 seconds on the clock then he would've only had 1 for 7 yards. The coach for LC simply wanted to pad his stats in a show of ultimate disrespect. You are up 20 with 20 seconds left you knee the ball plain and simple. Culan was shown up by SH Mason Cullipher all night. He simply couldn't stick with Cullipher. Sophomore corner back Payton Massinelli shut cualan down all night. It was a good win for LC but some huge holes in there offense and defense were shown

hogfan32

No doubt complete class-less act by LC head coach. 20 seconds left take a knee and win with some class, instead the number 15 kid scores on a third string corner. That coach has been waiting in the shadows to get a head coaching gig which has been mediocre for years now but coach Phillips turned it around and then got the heck outta dodge. He was simply left the keys to a very nice car, and trying not to crash it.

mtindian42

I thank these coaches are adding style points... The more they can score the better it looks...all across the state...44-16 looks a lot better then 37-16 I guess...just one mans opinion...

KOJACK

Quote from: hogfan32 on October 06, 2015, 05:27:45 pm
No doubt complete class-less act by LC head coach. 20 seconds left take a knee and win with some class, instead the number 15 kid scores on a third string corner. That coach has been waiting in the shadows to get a head coaching gig which has been mediocre for years now but coach Phillips turned it around and then got the heck outta dodge. He was simply left the keys to a very nice car, and trying not to crash it.
Couldn't disagree more with everything you said...

Rida4Life

sounds like someone didn't like getting beat...... and how does a team with the numbers of Spring Hill have a 3rd string corner?

cougarfan15

You never know. When you're low on numbers the kid might have been a 1st string tight end, a 2nd string linebacker and a 3rd string corner. When you only have a few extra guys, some of them have to learn different positions. Let's not turn this thread into a bunch of smack talking please. And I doubt seriously the coaches were trying to pad that kids stats. His attitude is terrible and he lacks respect and humility. And this is coming from a cougar fan so that should tell you something. After 2 unsportsmanlike penalties following touchdowns against Murfreesboro, I would have left him on the sideline this week.

hogfan32

SH has 29 kids on the roster. That's pretty good for a 2A program. Not mad about losing the Cougars played a good game, made plays when they had to and won the game fairly. What I have a problem with is when you have secured the victory up 36-16 with 22 seconds remaing, take a knee. That is the respectable thing to do. Anyone that has any football knowledge knows you take a knee. This was simply a young coach making a dumb move. He better enjoy this season while he can, he will not have sustained success once burks moves on.

Jabroney

LadyCougar

Wow...as the kids say "U mad bro"
Seems to me the only classless act is  bashing the LC coach. Would the game still not have been a blowout if the score was 36-14??? The coach wasn't trying to make a statement at all. that was already made on the field by halftime really if you just want to be honest. SH played a good game as they always do. Let it go and get over it. Focus on the match against Mt. Ida tomorrow night.

hogfan32

Since when has it been unclassy to criticize a coach? That's went on since football started. If you don't think he was trying to make a stetemnt or even pad his "D1" recruits stats  you're a special kind of stupid. And how is a 22-10 halftime lead a statement? Lol!! I'm over and and ready to watch my bears battle Ida. Just simply critizing a dumb move by a coach.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas