• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hector vs Mountainburg

Started by Wildcatalumni21, September 25, 2015, 11:31:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Cheek

Quote from: Hornet4ever on September 26, 2015, 11:14:03 pm
Seems like England has really turned things around since I saw them last back in 2012 here in Hackett.. That team had potential just had a lot of mistakes and turnovers killed them.

I agree, that was my oldest sons Sr. year and they were loaded with talent.  The only problem is the kids were upset Coach Barbaree left, and they were trying to get adjusted to Coach Farmer ,on short notice ,and learn his new offense. This was the fastest and strongest team to go through England.  We should have won the State Weight meet for 2A but some kids chose to go to a combine instead.  We had three of the top five sprinters in 2A and Curtis Rogers won the 100 at the Meet of Champs.   

Big Cat Daddy

Who do we play this week I've forgot already o its Magazine ::)

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Big Cat Daddy on October 01, 2015, 11:59:39 am
Who do we play this week I've forgot already o its Magazine ::)

The Rattlers are struggling this year..

Big Cat Daddy

Heading for H Town!!! Let's go BIG BLUE!!!!!

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Big Cat Daddy on October 02, 2015, 04:16:26 pm
Heading for H Town!!! Let's go BIG BLUE!!!!!

We have WYC tonight... Smh

Big Cat Daddy

Tanner Gaines!!!! Tanner Gaines!!!!! Tanner Gaines!!!!!

beach bum

Early prediction next week is Hector 48 Mountainburg 28

Hornet4ever

Quote from: beach bum on October 02, 2015, 10:33:05 pm

I'd say Hector 48 Burg 13

Big Cat Daddy

Most physical Hector team in years these boys were laying them out tonight wow! Tanner Gaines well......he was Tanner Gaines!

wiseguy

Quote from: Big Cat Daddy on October 02, 2015, 10:40:14 pm
Most physical Hector team in years these boys were laying them out tonight wow! Tanner Gaines well......he was Tanner Gaines!
Agree! If your playing against Hector and your toting the pigskin, you better be a man or you will be a boy real quick ;)  These guys are hitting like the old(Steve Atwater) of Arkansas and Denver :o

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: wiseguy on October 03, 2015, 06:28:57 am
Quote from: Big Cat Daddy on October 02, 2015, 10:40:14 pm
Agree! If your playing against Hector and your toting the pigskin, you better be a man or you will be a boy real quick ;)  These guys are hitting like the old(Steve Atwater) of Arkansas and Denver :o

I agree 100%, I mean one of our smallest kids (Jadon Graham a sophomore) runs the ball last night and knocks a kid out as well as hurts 2 other kids on same play! Then prolly the smallest kid in 2A (Justin Walker a sophomore) carries Magazines biggest player #99 into the end zone. Then on defense you have Colton Garrison, Zach White, Dalton Day, Ripley Myers and even the secondary that will make you wish you never got the ball! The RB from Burg is gonna know for a fact that these boys don't play when people run their mouths!! Hector- 49 Burg- 14

beach bum

Hector's offense seems to be able to score whenever it wants.... unless they turn it over a bunch. I am talking a bunch I'd don't see this being too much of a worry.

beach bum

Quote from: Hornet4ever on October 02, 2015, 10:36:32 pm
Quote from: beach bum on October 02, 2015, 10:33:05 pm

I'd say Hector 48 Burg 13

Reassessing and I'll give Hector another TD and make it Hector 55 Mountainburg 28

Big Cat Daddy

Big Cat Daddy

Colton Garrison is almost back to 100% He has been playing with a pulled groin this year still leads team in tackles :)

beach bum

October 03, 2015, 02:09:57 pm #65 Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 02:11:39 pm by beach bum
Quote from: Big Cat Daddy on October 03, 2015, 01:47:48 pm
Mt burg want score over 20 :)

Their posters are going to be heart broken if that's the case. I haven't seen a group of posters so confident as theirs about the next 2 games when they lost to these teams by 30 and a mercy rule last year Mountainburg may be better than last year but so are Hector and Hackett..... throw logic out the window on this site though when bias prevails.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: beach bum on October 03, 2015, 02:09:57 pm

Their posters are going to be heart broken if that's the case. I haven't seen a group of posters so confident as theirs about the next 2 games when they lost to these teams by 30 and a mercy rule last year Mountainburg may be better than last year but so are Hector and Hackett..... throw logic out the window on this site though when bias prevails.

They do this every year. It wouldn't matter if they beat UCA, Decatur or Westside by only 10 points they would still be undefeated and cocky over it. I'm used to it.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Hornet4ever on October 03, 2015, 03:39:52 pm
Quote from: beach bum on October 03, 2015, 02:09:57 pm

They do this every year. It wouldn't matter if they beat UCA, Decatur or Westside by only 10 points they would still be undefeated and cocky over it. I'm used to it.

I remember in 2012 Burg was explaining how this was the best team they've ever had and that the conf. Championship was theirs and Hackett is overrated etc. they came to Hackett and got beat 35-20 and one of their scores was on a long pass when our cornerback fell down on the far side. Sure, Burg has beat Hackett some. But this Burg team isn't the same team who beat us the last few times. This team is a one man show, and if that one man show can't do what he does against these cupcake teams Burg looks like a cupcake team as well, examples of that are last year against Hackett and Hector both.

wiseguy

Looking forward to this game! Will there be a lot of dragon fans there? Unfortunately someone's going to have a loss after Fri-nite :'( May the best team win :) Safe travels Mountainburg.... I'll have to go with my Cats by 3 TD's 8)

Big Cat Daddy

Quote from: wiseguy on October 04, 2015, 07:32:03 am
   Looking forward to this game! Will there be a lot of dragon fans there? Unfortunately someone's going to have a loss after Fri-nite :'( May the best team win :) Safe travels Mountainburg.... I'll have to go with my Cats by 3 TD's 8)
Going to be a long week waiting on this one :) Praying for safe travel for the Burg fans but the Cats are playing there best ball right now 8) Hector rolls on!!!

Dragonsvoice

just seen that this is the last season we will play hector in reg. season. looks like the 2a-4 will pick up Lavaca who beat two rivers Friday lol and Danville will be back again. that being the case lets make it a good showing friday go Dragons!!!!

wiseguy

Quote from: Dragonsvoice on October 05, 2015, 01:47:06 pm
just seen that this is the last season we will play hector in reg. season. looks like the 2a-4 will pick up Lavaca who beat two rivers Friday lol and Danville will be back again. that being the case lets make it a good showing friday go Dragons!!!!
Last regular season game,let's make it a good one! I don't want to see a blow-out, I want to see a good ballgame!!! Burg bring a good crowd and let's (ROCK & ROLL) 8) May the best team win! Safe travels Burg,see ya Fri-nite  ;)

Wildcatalumni21

Idk where Hooten's got their stats but Gaines threw for 160 not 129 lol. I see him throwing for at least 150 and running for at least 100. I'll be surprised if our starters play the full 4 quarters

mrscoach

Cal Preps - Hector 33 Mountainburg 31 on project a matchup.  That projection is a neutral field though. Interesting. Go Cats!

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on October 06, 2015, 07:51:55 am
Idk where Hooten's got their stats but Gaines threw for 160 not 129 lol. I see him throwing for at least 150 and running for at least 100. I'll be surprised if our starters play the full 4 quarters

Hootens doesn't know what they're talking about. We've been dealing with this the last few weeks.

Big Cat Daddy

I can tell you this much Mt. Burg has not seen physical football yet but there about to get a big taste of it Fri nite :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Hornet4ever on October 06, 2015, 10:43:55 am
Quote from: Wildcatalumni21 on October 06, 2015, 07:51:55 am

Hootens doesn't know what they're talking about. We've been dealing with this the last few weeks.

They're only as good as the information submitted

Dragonsvoice

they might of got it off of a Dragon Poster

wiseguy

Quote from: Big Cat Daddy on October 06, 2015, 11:27:23 am
I can tell you this much Mt. Burg has not seen physical football yet but there about to get a big taste of it Fri nite :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
I hope your right Big Cat Daddy! Love me some of that PHYSICAL football ;D    ::)HURRY FRIDAY ::)

Big Cat Daddy

HECTOR had a great practice today :)

MomaLion

One thing I can say is that Mountainburg's fans and players were very good sports...i'm not sure what all the unsportsman calls were about because I never saw any dirty plays.  I ran to the restroom after halftime and one of their cheerleaders was in a deep conversation with one of our peewee cheerleaders lol..it was precious...our little peewee told her that they did a very good job lol.

wiseguy

Quote from: MomaLion on October 07, 2015, 02:30:32 am
One thing I can say is that Mountainburg's fans and players were very good sports...i'm not sure what all the unsportsman calls were about because I never saw any dirty plays.  I ran to the restroom after halftime and one of their cheerleaders was in a deep conversation with one of our peewee cheerleaders lol..it was precious...our little peewee told her that they did a very good job lol.
That's what it's all about 8)

Dragonsvoice

+1

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Moma, someone needs to step up down there in clarendon and help that guy out who coaches yall peewee teams. And get some more kids involved.

DragonFan99

Thank you Moma, was a great game. I really enjoyed it.

I feel like the Dragons are being underrated in this game coming up against Hector though. Just because Mountainburg hasn't really played anyone yet and seem cocky because of being 5-0 doesn't mean it won't be a fight. Mountainburg has big expectations this week, I think it'll be a heck of a ball game. I'm more than ready.

Dragonsvoice

Quote from: DragonFan99 on October 07, 2015, 08:34:49 am

I feel like the Dragons are being underrated in this game coming up against Hector though. Just because Mountainburg hasn't really played anyone yet and seem cocky because of being 5-0 doesn't mean it won't be a fight. Mountainburg has big expectations this week, I think it'll be a heck of a ball game. I'm more than ready.
I hope were not being cocky that never turns out well!!

DragonFan99

Quote from: Dragonsvoice on October 07, 2015, 08:45:12 am

We know they're good. This week we are keeping our heads straight and preparing for a battle.

Dragonsvoice

Quote from: DragonFan99 on October 07, 2015, 08:54:14 am

We know they're good. This week we are keeping our heads straight and preparing for a battle.
I hope your right thought they were ready the last two years. From what I've seen we do look better

DragonFan99

Quote from: Dragonsvoice on October 07, 2015, 08:59:10 am

I hope your right thought they were ready the last two years. From what I've seen we do look better

They had the size and such, but the players didn't have the heart honestly. Some of them did, some of them didn't. This year our players have been putting forth 100% in practice trying to get better and learn. We want to make something of this season.

Wildcatalumni21

Quote from: DragonFan99 on October 07, 2015, 09:01:41 am
Quote from: Dragonsvoice on October 07, 2015, 08:59:10 am

They had the size and such, but the players didn't have the heart honestly. Some of them did, some of them didn't. This year our players have been putting forth 100% in practice trying to get better and learn. We want to make something of this season.

I hope it's a good game! But more than anything I wish safe travels to the players and fans and hope it's a clean game! But I also am bias and hope the Cats flex their muscles this week and show just how good we are!

Prouddragondad

I agree with dragonvoice I hope they are ready and not cocky. I just want to see us play hard and not quit no matter what the outcome is. Go Dragons!

Dragonsvoice

Quote from: Prouddragondad on October 07, 2015, 12:38:13 pm
I agree with dragonvoice I hope they are ready and not cocky. I just want to see us play hard and not quit no matter what the outcome is. Go Dragons!
its true the last couple of years the would get behind and hang the helmets up. but after what happened at clarendon they showed the will to win that makes me proud for them they keep fighting. go dragons!!!

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Dragonsvoice on October 07, 2015, 12:49:37 pm
its true the last couple of years the would get behind and hang the helmets up. but after what happened at clarendon they showed the will to win that makes me proud for them they keep fighting. go dragons!!!

Again, it was clarendon. Congrats on the win, but keep it in perspective.

Big Cat Daddy

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 07, 2015, 01:06:08 pm

HECTOR may not be the best team  but they will hit you hard on both sides of the ball burg should no that from last two years only scored 13 pts on Hectors d.  Clarendon  is no where near HECTOR caliber. 

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Big Cat Daddy on October 07, 2015, 01:12:29 pm

HECTOR may not be the best team  but they will hit you hard on both sides of the ball burg should no that from last two years only scored 13 pts on Hectors d.  Clarendon  is no where near HECTOR caliber.

Agreed.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 07, 2015, 01:15:04 pm

Agreed.

I keep saying this too and every time I do the burg posters slam me for it. Burg beat Clarendon, that's great. But they are encountering a whole new animal come friday night.

Dragonsvoice

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on October 07, 2015, 01:15:04 pm

Agreed.
I still believe they have more of a want to this year and to keep playing hard!

Chief Sitting Dragon

can anyone confirm that Stephenson kid might be out for burg? Heard he hurt his knee Friday night and can't walk. That changes things if he is out.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: Chief Sitting Dragon on October 07, 2015, 01:27:58 pm
can anyone confirm that Stephenson kid might be out for burg? Heard he hurt his knee Friday night and can't walk. That changes things if he is out.

Holy crap another Burg poster coming out of the woodwork. That 5-0 record is bringing the posters alive!

THA ROCK

A town shouldn't be proud the rock asks?? They shouldn't come out and support their team when their winning the rock asks??

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas