• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Brinkley at Hazen

Started by JimmyTiger2001, September 25, 2015, 10:51:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Who wins the Brinkley vs Hazen game?

Brinkley
13 (54.2%)
Hazen
11 (45.8%)

Total Members Voted: 24

Voting closed: October 03, 2015, 03:01:03 pm

FootballDude02

Quote from: purplehajj on September 28, 2015, 03:51:34 pm
Lol you got a point no argument there I just think he's a better bball player but it seems he puts more heart in it

He plays with passion in both sports, and is talented in both. But 182 carries 2002 yards 19 TDs , and 152 tackles last year tho...all I'm saying

MomaLion

Quote from: purplehajj on September 28, 2015, 03:28:40 pm
I didn't say he wasn't pick but he puts more into basketball and this year he will be the best in our conference
I love how y'all are forgetting about Clarendon...Yes we graduated some stars but there are always more...js

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: MomaLion on September 28, 2015, 04:26:10 pm
I didn't say he wasn't pick but he puts more into basketball and this year he will be the best in our conference
I love how y'all are forgetting about Clarendon...Yes we graduated some stars but there are always more...js

Wasn't any "yall" to it. But since you included me, yall better be good at hoops, cause you sure ain't in football. Lol

MomaLion

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on September 28, 2015, 04:32:09 pm

Wasn't any "yall" to it. But since you included me, yall better be good at hoops, cause you sure ain't in football. Lol
That was directed at purple and you know we are always good at basketball just like y'all always aren't.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: MomaLion on September 28, 2015, 04:39:22 pm
Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on September 28, 2015, 04:32:09 pm

That was directed at purple and you know we are always good at basketball just like y'all always aren't.

But yet we still have more players playing basketball at the next level than yall.

jbtiger73

Actually, clarendon has a couple. Ro knox is playing at an Illinois juco. And dj lowery is playing at William Penn university in Iowa.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: jbtiger73 on September 28, 2015, 04:44:34 pm
Actually, clarendon has a couple. Ro knox is playing at an Illinois juco. And dj lowery is playing at William Penn university in Iowa.

Ok we are tied. I'm sorry

MomaLion

Yes and I know Bam is at Philander Smith but not certain he is playing. So keep talking Pick..you might want to talk football though because y'all actually win those games.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: MomaLion on September 28, 2015, 04:49:16 pm
Yes and I know Bam is at Philander Smith but not certain he is playing. So keep talking Pick..you might want to talk football though because y'all actually win those games.

I know basketball too, we just never seem to have a round ball coach

Pick_DA_EAGLES

The best basketball player to come through Clarendon in the last 10 years is playing football at a jr. College in California right now, that I do know.

MomaLion

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on September 28, 2015, 04:50:48 pm
Quote from: MomaLion on September 28, 2015, 04:49:16 pm

I know basketball too, we just never seem to have a round ball coach
Therein lies our troubles with football..Can't keep a coach.
Now back to the actual subject of this thread lol.

JimmyTiger2001

Some may be too young to remember but I'm pretty sure Greene is Jerry Eckwoods grandson. A Brinkley graduate that played for the hogs and Tampa Bay buccaneers in the NFL

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: JimmyTiger2001 on September 28, 2015, 06:06:16 pm
Some may be young to remember but I'm pretty sure Greene is Jerry Eckwoods grandson. A Brinkley graduate that played for the hogs and Tampa Bay buccaneers in the NFL

You are a couple years late with that "breaking news". Lol

CaptainSwarm25

I agree with my boy purplehajj. Greene shows way more heart in basketball. I even got the chance to play with him a few times and he definitely hustles more than anyone I've ever played with.

lionfan59

Hazen looking for a fight in this one.

CaptainSwarm25

Not looking to fight or bash any other team/player. Just stating a simple fact that Greene has shown more heart in basketball than football.

jbtiger73

You're saying this because you know him personally right? Not the fact that he had 2002 rushing yards and over 150 tackles. I guess that doesn't count as putting more effort in one sport compared to the other. Even though he averages 15 ppg and a couple blocks in hoops. Just like someone said earlier, he has 0 offers for basketball. Doesn't mean he couldn't play at the next level. But college hoops are a totally different monster. But he definitely could step into d1 or d2 college football and have an immediate impact on the defensive side.

CaptainSwarm25

I actually do know him personally. As I said before I'm not bashing him and his stats are very impressive. I'm just saying he has more love for the game of basketball and it shows.

Old Scrapper

Brinkley has been out scored 160-12 in the past 3 years in this match up. I still think If Hazen can cut down on the turnovers they can pull out a victory.

CaptainSwarm25

I think our seniors will show their leadership this week. Looking for the Ying Yang twins Aycock and Penn to be a force on O and D. Also watch out for Mills and Gurley on the D-Line. Gurley already has 60 tackles on the season so I'm hoping he has another 20+ tackles this week as well.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: CaptainSwarm25 on September 29, 2015, 09:22:58 am
I actually do know him personally. As I said before I'm not bashing him and his stats are very impressive. I'm just saying he has more love for the game of basketball and it shows.

He needs to get in "love" with football then, because he is not and will not be a basketball player. He doesn't have the size. If I'm not mistaken he scores what points he does score playing inside. He's not even tall enough to play the 2 much less shoot it well enough. He doesn't have the handles or passing ability or speed to play the point. He is a football player playing basketball in a bad basketball conference.

CaptainSwarm25

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on September 29, 2015, 10:22:58 am
Quote from: CaptainSwarm25 on September 29, 2015, 09:22:58 am

He needs to get in "love" with football then, because he is not and will not be a basketball player. He doesn't have the size. If I'm not mistaken he scores what points he does score playing inside. He's not even tall enough to play the 2 much less shoot it well enough. He doesn't have the handles or passing ability or speed to play the point. He is a football player playing basketball in a bad basketball conference.
He's definitely built to make it in football. But you can't force a kid to love a sport no matter what you tell him/ offer him if he's not willing to put in the work at a collegiate level then what's the point?

jbtiger73

Pick, you possibly can't believe that bs about him not putting effort in football than basketball. But he knows him though, right????

jbtiger73

We texted Greene about this. He just said lol.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: jbtiger73 on September 29, 2015, 10:54:32 am
Pick, you possibly can't believe that bs about him not putting effort in football than basketball. But he knows him though, right????

Oh I know jb.

CaptainSwarm25

Did I ever say he didn't put effort into football JB?

MR GRINCH

The ragedy hornets will punish him like always. Then our turn in week 8.

Old Scrapper

Ok now your starting to mix that young mans words around, he never questioned Greene's effort. we all know Greene is a stud.

Old Scrapper

Quote from: MR GRINCH on September 29, 2015, 12:54:23 pm
The ragedy hornets will punish him like always. Then our turn in week 8.
better watch it, I don't know if y'all are over the BO Weddle hangover yet to be talking to much smack. 

purplehajj

Yall stay off my boy swarm and I don't care if you texted Greene and what he said we will see Friday has he faces mr Gurley and company

purplehajj

And jb we never said he doesn't put football first we just said it seems he puts more heart into basketball but as pick said it's easier to stand out in basketball in the 6 than in football I can name countless football players that are good athletes in the 6 we just stated an opinion no need to get hostile about it yes he is a good back but the best in the 6 far from it!! I'd take Covington Penn or Aycock any day of the week I know these boys personally and they have a great work effort not saying Greene doesn't but that's my opinion in the matter that he is a better basketball player I seen him in district championship when his team was down to Clarendon they seem to give up and Greene single handed brung his team back for what period of a close game that was

jbtiger73

Offensively, heck yea I would take penn, and Covington. But like we've been saying over, and over, he's going to college for DEFENSE!!!! he was on the Hootens sonic all Arkansas pre season team for DEFENSE. And won the best linebacker award at the all Arkansas football camp this past summer for, wait for it......... DEFENSE. And the fact that he willed his team back against the lions, its just called being a great athlete. He's definitely not 1 dimensional.

purplehajj

Defensively I have never been impressed I can think of way better players in the 6 I would take over him

purplehajj

And to make my point you said he had 2002 yards rushing that's why I referenced offense

jbtiger73

So you're not impressed with over 150 tackles and 15 sacks? I think you're trying to get a rise out of me and its definitely not working. Because I know you're very impressed by those stats and his ability as one of the best lb's in the state regardless of classification. So you mean to tell me that if you could have him and replace the best linebacker on your team you wouldn't do it? Anyone in 2a, heck maybe in 3,4,or 5A would probably do it. Maybe its because you're debating me is the reason why you're saying that. But I bet if he was at DA or Carlisle, you wouldn't be saying that.

Hornet4ever

Quote from: jbtiger73 on September 29, 2015, 04:40:24 pm
So you're not impressed with over 150 tackles and 15 sacks? I think you're trying to get a rise out of me and its definitely not working. Because I know you're very impressed by those stats and his ability as one of the best lb's in the state regardless of classification. So you mean to tell me that if you could have him and replace the best linebacker on your team you wouldn't do it? Anyone in 2a, heck maybe in 3,4,or 5A would probably do it. Maybe its because you're debating me is the reason why you're saying that. But I bet if he was at DA or Carlisle, you wouldn't be saying that.

I think he's debating over something he's not really sure why he's debating it. He seems to do that a lot.

purplehajj

Why don't you go back to the thread where Hackett is where yall are lucky to make the playoffs let us teams from the 6 worry about competing for who will go face the 8 in the state championship again this year!!

Hornet4ever

Quote from: purplehajj on September 29, 2015, 09:43:43 pm
Why don't you go back to the thread where Hackett is where yall are lucky to make the playoffs let us teams from the 6 worry about competing for who will go face the 8 in the state championship again this year!!

Hazen wont even make the second round probably. LOL

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Hornet4ever on September 29, 2015, 09:50:21 pm

Hazen wont even make the second round probably. LOL

He's got a point purple.  Lol

Hornet4ever

I cant understand you half the time. Please type normally and not at that fast ticked off rate you do when someone challenges your statements. LOL

cav2012

hazen will at least make the second round 👍🏻

mtindian42

If the light ever comes on... Hazen could be dangerous...for whatever reason they just can't get it going...

cav2012

I'll be able to give expert opinion on hazen/Brinkley after this friday

Hornet4ever

Quote from: cav2012 on September 29, 2015, 10:25:51 pm
I'll be able to give expert opinion on hazen/Brinkley after this friday

I agree. This game should show how good Hazen actually is.

purplehajj

When Hackett plays the day after thanksgiving you can talk trash and pick you know as well as I do we have a lot of good players and if we get it clicking we can make some noise

Hornet4ever

Quote from: purplehajj on September 29, 2015, 11:00:26 pm
When Hackett plays the day after thanksgiving you can talk trash and pick you know as well as I do we have a lot of good players and if we get it clicking we can make some noise

Congrats good luck. lol

mtindian42

I don't know cav... Somthing tells me you will be biased...😃

purplehajj

CaptainSwarm25

Quote from: Hornet4ever on September 29, 2015, 10:07:20 pm

I cant understand you half the time. Please type normally and not at that fast ticked off rate you do when someone challenges your statements. LOL
I can't understand your motive of being in this thread in the first place? LOL

Hornet4ever

Quote from: CaptainSwarm25 on September 29, 2015, 11:26:52 pm
Quote from: Hornet4ever on September 29, 2015, 10:07:20 pm

I can't understand your motive of being in this thread in the first place? LOL

I like arguing with purple

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas